Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:12 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 1:35 pm
Posts: 75
Location: Cubeland
Phlip wrote:
Go to Imageshack, upload the image on that page, and copy the text in the "Hotlink for forums (2)" box.
Then come here and click the "Profile" button, scroll down to Signature and paste the text into that box. You can also change your Location on that Profile screen. Scoll to the bottom and click Submit.


This is not a quote, its just me posting wrote:
Thx man


edit: My First TOTPD! :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:55 pm
Posts: 9
JumbleCaper wrote:
Yeah I'm not a big fan, but it's not my place to make the decision. I beleive that it should be at the mods descretion. If they see someone with a sig too big, just tell them..

AgentSeethroo wrote:

Seriously, he pisses me off ...


Quote:
6. No foul language.


:) Couldn't pass it up.


Pisses is not a bad word dammit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:03 pm
Posts: 6188
Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
No, it's not, but that last word you said is.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:44 pm
Posts: 1528
Location: In da basement
Shopiom wrote:
No, it's not, but that last word you said is.

Damn isn't a bad word. I don't even know why we're talking about this. Either stay on-topic or don't post. Thank you.

_________________
[porplemontage studios]
>>internet entertainment


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Huh.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:46 pm
Posts: 4582
Location: hanging sideways
Damn isn't a bad word here? Huh. News to me.

To get back on toastpaint, anyone who needs a banner resizing can come to me. I can change regular banners (no animated ones, though) to any size you want. Pachow.

_________________
Ath-a-late wrote:
The Experimental Film wrote:
extremejon09 wrote:
I see you haven't played Twilight Princess. Why is that?

I got to the water dungeon thing and got bored.

WOW. You just lost the very little respect I had left for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:18 pm
Posts: 35
smaller sigs = teh good.

and Shishu Hiwatari, i'm flipping out right now, cos your little avatar man is walking exactly in time with the song i'm listening to (Comfortably Numb - Scissor sisters).
nothing on the original..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:18 pm
Posts: 1782
Location: Level 0
coztopia wrote:
and Shishu Hiwatari, i'm flipping out right now, cos your little avatar man is walking exactly in time with the song i'm listening to (Comfortably Numb - Scissor sisters).
nothing on the original..

XD *wishes she had room to sig that quote*

My Spriteyman is very special :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Huh.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:33 am
Posts: 14288
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
The Experimental Film wrote:
To get back on toastpaint, anyone who needs a banner resizing can come to me. I can change regular banners (no animated ones, though) to any size you want. Pachow.
I'll be aboe to help out with that too. Or if all else faikls, ask the banner and Avatar force to resize your sig.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:41 am
Posts: 192
Location: Mighty Earth
Banners are annoying, and anyone who uses one is a mook.

Unless they have Batgirl on them. Then they're okay.

MOOKS UNITE!

_________________
Image
OMG MY WEBSITE IS YOUR MOMMA!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:25 pm
Posts: 1740
Location: :noitacoL
Don't want to go off-topic, but I want to point out that we are experiencing the same problem in the Fanstuff Wiki. See?

Back on topic: I'm happy you're getting more strict with these. Solid limits were needed.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:59 pm
Posts: 36
Location: Slightly to the left of the middle of nowhere.
I think limiting the signature size is a good idea. Anything bigger than the allowed size would get annoying after a while, especially for people who post often. Plus, it's nice for dial up users like me....I had no trouble making a small banner, and I am computer impaired when it comes to making stuff (mine was a ms paint job). :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:01 am 
Offline
Pizza Pizza
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:05 pm
Posts: 10451
Location: probably the penalty box
mostly_confused wrote:
I think limiting the signature size is a good idea. Anything bigger than the allowed size would get annoying after a while,

It did... believe me. There were some sigs and banners that literally took up 3/4 of the screen.. It got outta hand. I can only imagine what kinda pain in the butt it would have been for me had I still been stuck with dial-up.

_________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:10 am
Posts: 677
Location: Australia
For those of you who are still confused about the limits, I've whipped up a quick Signature Checker. The box is exactly 500x100. If you can get your entire
signature (images, text and all) to fit in the box, it is ok. If you cannot it is not. (You still have to check the filesizes yourself).
If you have a long text line that won't fit in the box, shrink your browser window a bit so the text wraps on to the next line. If you can adjust it like that to get it to fit, then it is all ok.

_________________
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/signature.txt" />


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 1:49 am
Posts: 1022
Location: The Moon that Never Sets
Don't resize your browser window. This will make it so your sig will be oversized on other peoples comps. Instead hit the enter key when you get to about 500px to continue the text on the next line.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:10 am
Posts: 677
Location: Australia
I don't know about you, but I know I'd prefer a signature to have a long text line that reached the full width of the browser window, but was still within the 100px hight when wrapped to 500px wide, to a signature that had hard line-breaks in it.

Or maybe you like people to type
all their messages with line-breaks
in them, like this? I know I don't. But
that's just me.

_________________
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/signature.txt" />


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:34 pm 
Offline
Lechable Robot Mod
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:50 pm
Posts: 2859
Location: In the Nerd Hole
Dear Everyone,

I don't know what's up with everyone changing their sigs over the weekend so that they're too big, but please don't try to get away with it. Stick to the rules, please. If your sigs aren't changed to fit the limits, they might be removed altogether. And no one wants that, not even me, believe it or not.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:56 pm 
Offline
Pizza Pizza
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:05 pm
Posts: 10451
Location: probably the penalty box
Here's a question. If you have no graphics or banners in your sig, just text, and it doesn't say "your signature is too large" when you hit the "submit" button to change your profile, is it ok to assume it isn't too big?
I got a feeling that the answer is yes, but, ya know, I just wanted to check.

_________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:16 pm
Posts: 692
Location: I do stuff
For the text, it's a character limit, but that doesn't check the 500-pixel height limit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 6:05 am
Posts: 5636
Location: swirlee.org for great justice
StrongRad wrote:
Here's a question. If you have no graphics or banners in your sig, just text, and it doesn't say "your signature is too large" when you hit the "submit" button to change your profile, is it ok to assume it isn't too big?
I got a feeling that the answer is yes, but, ya know, I just wanted to check.


The answer is definitely no.

Always refer to the 500x100 guide.

_________________
StrongCanada wrote:
Jordan, you are THE SUCK at kissing! YAY! Just thought you should know! Rainbows! Sunshine!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:04 pm 
Offline
Lechable Robot Mod
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:50 pm
Posts: 2859
Location: In the Nerd Hole
I think the only exception for width should be quote boxes. There's nothing we can do to stop them from stretching across the whole page, even when there's only one word that's been quoted.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 6:05 am
Posts: 5636
Location: swirlee.org for great justice
ModestlyHotGirl wrote:
I think the only exception for width should be quote boxes. There's nothing we can do to stop them from stretching across the whole page, even when there's only one word that's been quoted.


Agreed. And quote boxes don't stretch the page horizontally.

Unless someone quotes a really long word that doesn't wrap. That should be against the rules.

_________________
StrongCanada wrote:
Jordan, you are THE SUCK at kissing! YAY! Just thought you should know! Rainbows! Sunshine!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:25 pm
Posts: 2439
Location: Empire of Sparkletania
Here's a mod I found that limits signature rows.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group