Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I Know Who Strong Bad's Parents Are!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:09 am 

I have found out something really, really important. Therefore, I shall reveal it to you, so that you know...the truth.

In the sbemail "the chair", Strong Bad says this quote:

"And here's a picture of my parents." Of course, said picture is covered up by a large chair, and can only be viewed by a flash decompiler, which is assumed to be an Easter Egg.

Now, however, you can point to this post where the Brother Chaps say that they will never answer seriously (they have answered previous emails, but has never answered them seriously, instead making jokes). This is true, I do not deny that.

HOWEVER, the fact that Strong Bad actually showed a picture of his parents must be taken into consideration. Since Strong Bad, in the middle of answering emails, forgotten that the El Restige chair will block people actually seeing stuff, he must have actually taken what he thought was a picture of parents and showcased it to us viewers.

Not to mention that this is not a unique situation that the Brother Chaps has revealed to us what the parents of one character look like, they have done it before in "Pom Pom, Too".

Hence, the Brother Chaps may have very well wanted to make a joke by presenting a false verison of Strong Bad's parents. Strong Bad would never intentionally lie though, and unlike his famous "unphotographic memory", this is indeed a photograph and might be seen as reliable. We do not (and cannot) know for certain if the picture is indeed an accurate view of Strong Bad's parents or not. Still, at least it's worth a shot.

Using a flash decompiler, you can see this picture, posted for reference :

http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Image:Dodongo.png

One may be confused at this picture, but after a reflection, it is quite obivous what really is the message: Strong Bad's mother and father are words.

The problem is that we see three people in that Picture. "Nice", "try", "dodongo!" We know Strong Bad has a mom and a dad according to various emails, but since we see three people, it could be that either 1) one of the people are indeed not a mother or father of Strong Bad, but could be related, like maybe being a poopaw, or 2) Strong Bad has more than two parents, which is quite a possiblity. It would explain the Birth of Strong Sad, who is, despite being his younger brother, is much taller and looks far different from Strong Bad.

A quick look at the word structure of "dodongo!", especially at the 0 at the end, which is used in many non-English language to showcase that it is a masacline noun, suggests that "dodongo!" is male, and that prehaps "Nice" and "try" are females. We can therefore make the assumption that "dodongo!" is Strong Bad's father, and that either "Nice" or "try" are Strong Bad's mothers, or both (Strong Bad's father could be a player, and such a trait may have been passed down onto Strong Bad).

Overall, I hope that this theory is enlightening and that we finally uncovered a secret. Coming up next, how Strong Bad types with boxing gloves on----

*record music stops*

Alright, fine. I have made a huge ramble for one reason only. I was making fun of people who take this stuff seriously, and attempt to find hidden meanings (like wondering if Homestar Runner is a robot or not). This website comes straight from the people who came up with the great idea of the "single deuce" and an entire game based on shooting people and finding a single egg. If it makes no sense, it might have been intended. Sorry if you didn't find this satire funny, I really was just bored waiting for the Baby Break to end. But hey, it is an interesting interpertion, altough this is NOT how the Brothers Chap wanted it to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:23 am 

Aw, I was hoping you were serious. Just because Homestar Runner is a silly cartoon that isn't meant to be taken seriously doesn't mean that overanalysing it can't be fun. I guess you need a certain kind of mindset to enjoy that kind of thing.

By the way, what exactly were you making fun of? The wiki? I'm pretty sure they only discuss article content.

Also, I'm pretty sure Strong Bad knew that he wasn't visible behind the chair. I like imagining him as being so... hardcore, maybe? that he rips his face off just to annoy his fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:32 am 

Shwoo wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure Strong Bad knew that he wasn't visible behind the chair. I like imagining him as being so... hardcore, maybe? that he rips his face off just to annoy his fans.

True. And besides, if words were his parents, then we'd have to explain their great-grandmother, who we know looks a lot like Strong Bad based on inference. There'd be some crazy genetics involved and stuff.

Then again, Senor looks like Strong Bad, too. A creepy, older, fat, comb over version.

ZOMG RACE OF STRONG BAD PEOPLE?!?!!!!1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:03 pm 

edit: o i c wut u did there

I gotta finish before I respond.

Last edited by Duecex2 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:10 pm 

(Facepalms)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:30 pm 

You need an image to facepalm.

also grood job making fun of the wiki. I salute you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:31 pm 

Location: All the way on the other side of the internet. Really.
Congrats, Duece. You just restated the point of this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:19 pm 

Silent, ya got me. For a second there, I was about to cry at the noobness of that post, till I read the last part. Daps for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:39 pm 

Wait. What happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:40 pm 

ChickenLeg wrote:
True. And besides, if words were his parents, then we'd have to explain their great-grandmother, who we know looks a lot like Strong Bad based on inference. There'd be some crazy genetics involved and stuff.
Crazy genetics? Maybe it was a Halloween picture. I used to dress up as the word "Polaris."

Also, Silent, here is a token of my deep respect for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:50 pm 

eater of jelly wrote:
ChickenLeg wrote:
Crazy genetics? Maybe it was a Halloween picture. I used to dress up as the word "Polaris."

Also, Silent, here is a token of my deep respect for you.

True, but how can, after two generations, a Strong Bad looking old parson have words as grandchildren, then have great grandchildren that have "normal" bodies?

Then there's Senor Cardgage, For all we know, he could be the great-grandma's brother's grandson! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:24 am 

I almost crapped when I thought this was serious, good job, you really captured the reason why I don't go on the discussion pages anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:41 am 

ChickenLeg wrote:
Wait. What happened?

Duecex2 posted the "It's just a cartoon" picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:59 am 

tl;dr
pwnd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:29 am 

OH I SEE NOW LOLOLOLO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:36 am 

Quote:
By the way, what exactly were you making fun of? The wiki? I'm pretty sure they only discuss article content.

There were some wiki articles there that really did get me somewhat terrible though. Like one that tried to determine what Homsar actually meant when he said his random things to try and prove that Homsar is not insane and in fact highly intelligent. Also that "Homestar is a robot" topic...

Glad to see people enjoy it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 pm 

ChickenLeg wrote:
True, but how can, after two generations, a Strong Bad looking old parson have words as grandchildren, then have great grandchildren that have "normal" bodies?

Recessive genes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:41 pm 

BRILLIANT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:20 pm 

I thoroughly enjoy this prank. Well done, good sir, well done.

Things like that are the reason I no longer go to the KB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:24 pm 

I'm with Shwoo on this one. Yeah, some people go too in depth. But I think over-analyzing can be fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:53 pm 

that is a very good theory
but im not sure yet to whom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:34 pm 

Hey, new guy, read the entire post, then the rest of the thread. This entire thing was a joke. He was making fun of people who over-analyze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:01 pm 

I'm not sure why over-analyzing is fun.

It's a cartoon. Watch it. Laugh at it. Enjoy it. No need to scrutinize every little detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:43 pm 

Dang, you really had me going for a minute.

People who have bowed down to me so far: Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:50 pm 

dang, but you got me good. you deserve something. not a trophy... or a pizza. maybe a pizza trophy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:04 am 

Acekirby wrote:

It's a cartoon. Watch it. Laugh at it. Enjoy it. No need to scrutinize every little detail.

Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean that nobody enjoys it. For me, scrutinising every little detail is half the fun of watching it. Or a third of the fun at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:07 pm 

Shwoo wrote:
Acekirby wrote:

Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean that nobody enjoys it. For me, scrutinising every little detail is half the fun of watching it. Or a third of the fun at least.

Exactly. What's more, I think you'll find that those who undergo such investigations and analyze to that extent merely for a bit of fun are the more intelligent fans. I mean, look at Einstein: he spent about 2 years creating the GT of R because Newton's universe was flawed, despite working in many different situations. Perhaps that's an unfair comparison, but I think it does show that it pays to be as consice and analythitical when investigating such matters: practice makes perfect, and these are the skills which make for intelligent beings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:58 pm 

I don't see why this is still unlocked, but, oh well.

I was about to take out my big knife, until I read the end of that. But to me, over-analysing is really fun, when you're in the mood to do it. But reading other people's over-analyzations, such as the page involving Homsar's speech on the wiki, is better than 1st, 2nd, and quite possibly even 3rd base. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:00 pm 

Why should it be locked? I know it was a prank, but it sparked some interesting talkings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:02 pm 

That's true, though I just felt some of the same stuff was starting to be said, and the forums I'm used to being on (other than these ones and my own) like locking threads. A lot. Either way, anything in the "Research" ceategory is a good way to waste time. [reads about inconstencies within the Homestar Universe.] There was a haiku in japanese cartoon, apparently. o_o

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next