Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:03 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:10 am
Posts: 1949
Location: Disneyland
Why have they not been updating their website so often or consistently as they used to? They're not on vacation and one of the females among them is not having a baby, is she? I mean, what's going on? That silly game can't be taking up THAT much of their time, can it? What's going on?

_________________
"Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-The Cheat, throw a TV on 'im...ho."
--Strong Bad, about Homestar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 4127
Location: Tangled up on a Twister mat
How do you know that they're not on vacation? TBC have taken breaks from the website several times in the past to focus on other things. Since they basically employ themselves, they're allowed to do that as much as they want.

Plus, working on the game can take up a lot of their time; they're watching (or at least keeping in contact) over the development of the game to ensure that they're coming along smoothly. Matt has also mentioned in interviews that he is doing enough voice acting for the game that he is having more throat issues than usual, which could potentially butcher any plans for regular Homestar updates.

Since it's doubtful that they have completed development on most of the episodes, I'd expect Monday updates to be late or a more sporadic for at least a couple more months.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:10 am
Posts: 1949
Location: Disneyland
DS_Kid wrote:
How do you know that they're not on vacation? TBC have taken breaks from the website several times in the past to focus on other things. Since they basically employ themselves, they're allowed to do that as much as they want.


Well, I know they're self-employed and can do as they please, but still...

Quote:
Matt has also mentioned in interviews that he is doing enough voice acting for the game that he is having more throat issues than usual, which could potentially butcher any plans for regular Homestar updates.


Throat issues? Well, maybe he should get his throat looked at, not just for his job's sake, but simply for his own sake, too. If I had throat issues like he does, I'd want to get it looked at, too.

Quote:
Since it's doubtful that they have completed development on most of the episodes, I'd expect Monday updates to be late or a more sporadic for at least a couple more months.


Well, I just hope it doesn't affect things on Halloween come October.

_________________
"Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-The Cheat, throw a TV on 'im...ho."
--Strong Bad, about Homestar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 5441
Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
They're almost certainly working on their game, that's what I say. And since they're giving us those fanstuffs all the same, they're still there. I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be back in full force soon enough. Plus, throat ailments like that are very common for people who do extensive voice acting. Andy Serkis ended up having to drink this lemon honey mixture just to speak normally when he was going his Gollum work.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:10 am
Posts: 1949
Location: Disneyland
Capt. Ido Nos wrote:
They're almost certainly working on their game, that's what I say. And since they're giving us those fanstuffs all the same, they're still there. I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be back in full force soon enough. Plus, throat ailments like that are very common for people who do extensive voice acting. Andy Serkis ended up having to drink this lemon honey mixture just to speak normally when he was going his Gollum work.


Well, considering that there will be multiple game episodes, I doubt they'll be back in full force any time soon. Besides, every time I see the fanstuffs and such, I can't help but feel excited about the likelihood of seeing a new toon out or something, only to feel disappointed when, come Monday, I see nothing.

_________________
"Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-The Cheat, throw a TV on 'im...ho."
--Strong Bad, about Homestar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 10:42 pm
Posts: 305
Location: California
From what I recall, the other four SBCG4AP episodes are being developed by different TellTale Games groups, but with the same style and voices and such. I also don't know whether those episodes are being taken care of even as we speak. Perhaps the voicing for the first episode is already finished, so one group is probably getting started on the second one.

I for one thought that people who perform more than one voice are impressive.

And once email 196 comes up, if Strong Bad doesn't acknowledge his delay verbally...I just don't know what to do about it...except imagine him apologizing for the hiatus before or after his email intro.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 4127
Location: Tangled up on a Twister mat
Well...uh...here's your update for this week.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:10 am
Posts: 1949
Location: Disneyland
DS_Kid wrote:
Well...uh...here's your update for this week.


Well, no emails for the month of June, I see, but better late than never, I guess.

_________________
"Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-The Cheat, throw a TV on 'im...ho."
--Strong Bad, about Homestar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
Who needs emails? It's refreshing to see more of Bubs.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:10 am
Posts: 1949
Location: Disneyland
The Noid wrote:
Who needs emails? It's refreshing to see more of Bubs.


Well, it's just we're overdue for an email, don't you think?

_________________
"Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-The Cheat, throw a TV on 'im...ho."
--Strong Bad, about Homestar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 2049
Location: Standing on Watterson's front lawn
Don't updates usually get slow in the first part of the summer?

Also this reminds me I need to do months of H*R catchup sometime.

_________________
ATTN: LOWER BOARD USERS HAVE MOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM. COME JOIN THE FUN!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:10 am
Posts: 1949
Location: Disneyland
Inverse Tiger wrote:
Don't updates usually get slow in the first part of the summer?


Not in the past, they haven't. It wasn't until 2006 that that started to happen. At least that's what I think.

_________________
"Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-The Cheat, throw a TV on 'im...ho."
--Strong Bad, about Homestar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:39 am
Posts: 307
Weren't you the one who said we needed less Strong Bad and more other characters? Or am I making stuff up again?

They've taken a break in updating without giving an explanation before. I don't see what the big deal is, especially when they have something else to be working on.

What's your problem with the game, anyway?

_________________
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:10 am
Posts: 1949
Location: Disneyland
Ingiald wrote:
Weren't you the one who said we needed less Strong Bad and more other characters? Or am I making stuff up again?

They've taken a break in updating without giving an explanation before. I don't see what the big deal is, especially when they have something else to be working on.

What's your problem with the game, anyway?


Well sometimes, I feel some of one thing, and other times, some of another thing. As for taking a break, in the past, they've let us known in the past, such as when their father Don Chapman passed away and they took a short hiatus while in mourning. And then there were the times when they let us know that there would be a hiatus of sorts when the females among them gave birth and again put the site on hiatus. Not to mention that, while they didn't give us much explanation beforehand, did go on vacation and made a toon out of the return (Weclome Back).

As for the game, I don't see the popularity of it or the Wii, which it's being made for. I don't particularly care for the Wii console, as it's too complicated for me to understand and figure out. I believe I tried it once a few years ago and could not get used to it; it was just too hard to figure out. Whatever happened to just using simple controllers like in the good ol' days? Even Game Cube used the simple controller.

_________________
"Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-The Cheat, throw a TV on 'im...ho."
--Strong Bad, about Homestar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 4127
Location: Tangled up on a Twister mat
CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
I don't particularly care for the Wii console, as it's too complicated for me to understand and figure out. I believe I tried it once a few years ago and could not get used to it; it was just too hard to figure out. Whatever happened to just using simple controllers like in the good ol' days? Even Game Cube used the simple controller.
Oh wow...


Now that I think about it, you can't really classify what they're doing at the moment as a "break". Instead of overusing Strong Bad, they're actually making some original shorts that cover some of the other main characters.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 14278
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
I hate these threads! Everytime TBC miss a Monday Update, people get up in arms. They will update when they update. Have some patience and wait. Locked.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group