Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 pm 

Why have they not been updating their website so often or consistently as they used to? They're not on vacation and one of the females among them is not having a baby, is she? I mean, what's going on? That silly game can't be taking up THAT much of their time, can it? What's going on?

Post subject: Re: Lack of updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:34 pm 

How do you know that they're not on vacation? TBC have taken breaks from the website several times in the past to focus on other things. Since they basically employ themselves, they're allowed to do that as much as they want.

Plus, working on the game can take up a lot of their time; they're watching (or at least keeping in contact) over the development of the game to ensure that they're coming along smoothly. Matt has also mentioned in interviews that he is doing enough voice acting for the game that he is having more throat issues than usual, which could potentially butcher any plans for regular Homestar updates.

Since it's doubtful that they have completed development on most of the episodes, I'd expect Monday updates to be late or a more sporadic for at least a couple more months.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 pm 

DS_Kid wrote:
How do you know that they're not on vacation? TBC have taken breaks from the website several times in the past to focus on other things. Since they basically employ themselves, they're allowed to do that as much as they want.

Well, I know they're self-employed and can do as they please, but still...

Quote:
Matt has also mentioned in interviews that he is doing enough voice acting for the game that he is having more throat issues than usual, which could potentially butcher any plans for regular Homestar updates.

Throat issues? Well, maybe he should get his throat looked at, not just for his job's sake, but simply for his own sake, too. If I had throat issues like he does, I'd want to get it looked at, too.

Quote:
Since it's doubtful that they have completed development on most of the episodes, I'd expect Monday updates to be late or a more sporadic for at least a couple more months.

Well, I just hope it doesn't affect things on Halloween come October.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:37 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
They're almost certainly working on their game, that's what I say. And since they're giving us those fanstuffs all the same, they're still there. I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be back in full force soon enough. Plus, throat ailments like that are very common for people who do extensive voice acting. Andy Serkis ended up having to drink this lemon honey mixture just to speak normally when he was going his Gollum work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:38 pm 

Capt. Ido Nos wrote:
They're almost certainly working on their game, that's what I say. And since they're giving us those fanstuffs all the same, they're still there. I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be back in full force soon enough. Plus, throat ailments like that are very common for people who do extensive voice acting. Andy Serkis ended up having to drink this lemon honey mixture just to speak normally when he was going his Gollum work.

Well, considering that there will be multiple game episodes, I doubt they'll be back in full force any time soon. Besides, every time I see the fanstuffs and such, I can't help but feel excited about the likelihood of seeing a new toon out or something, only to feel disappointed when, come Monday, I see nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:36 pm 

From what I recall, the other four SBCG4AP episodes are being developed by different TellTale Games groups, but with the same style and voices and such. I also don't know whether those episodes are being taken care of even as we speak. Perhaps the voicing for the first episode is already finished, so one group is probably getting started on the second one.

I for one thought that people who perform more than one voice are impressive.

And once email 196 comes up, if Strong Bad doesn't acknowledge his delay verbally...I just don't know what to do about it...except imagine him apologizing for the hiatus before or after his email intro.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:03 pm 

Well...uh...here's your update for this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:08 pm 

DS_Kid wrote:
Well...uh...here's your update for this week.

Well, no emails for the month of June, I see, but better late than never, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:01 am 

Who needs emails? It's refreshing to see more of Bubs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:41 am 

The Noid wrote:
Who needs emails? It's refreshing to see more of Bubs.

Well, it's just we're overdue for an email, don't you think?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:49 pm 

Don't updates usually get slow in the first part of the summer?

Also this reminds me I need to do months of H*R catchup sometime.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:06 pm 

Inverse Tiger wrote:
Don't updates usually get slow in the first part of the summer?

Not in the past, they haven't. It wasn't until 2006 that that started to happen. At least that's what I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:17 pm 

Weren't you the one who said we needed less Strong Bad and more other characters? Or am I making stuff up again?

They've taken a break in updating without giving an explanation before. I don't see what the big deal is, especially when they have something else to be working on.

What's your problem with the game, anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:39 pm 

Ingiald wrote:
Weren't you the one who said we needed less Strong Bad and more other characters? Or am I making stuff up again?

They've taken a break in updating without giving an explanation before. I don't see what the big deal is, especially when they have something else to be working on.

What's your problem with the game, anyway?

Well sometimes, I feel some of one thing, and other times, some of another thing. As for taking a break, in the past, they've let us known in the past, such as when their father Don Chapman passed away and they took a short hiatus while in mourning. And then there were the times when they let us know that there would be a hiatus of sorts when the females among them gave birth and again put the site on hiatus. Not to mention that, while they didn't give us much explanation beforehand, did go on vacation and made a toon out of the return (Weclome Back).

As for the game, I don't see the popularity of it or the Wii, which it's being made for. I don't particularly care for the Wii console, as it's too complicated for me to understand and figure out. I believe I tried it once a few years ago and could not get used to it; it was just too hard to figure out. Whatever happened to just using simple controllers like in the good ol' days? Even Game Cube used the simple controller.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:14 pm 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
I don't particularly care for the Wii console, as it's too complicated for me to understand and figure out. I believe I tried it once a few years ago and could not get used to it; it was just too hard to figure out. Whatever happened to just using simple controllers like in the good ol' days? Even Game Cube used the simple controller.
Oh wow...

Now that I think about it, you can't really classify what they're doing at the moment as a "break". Instead of overusing Strong Bad, they're actually making some original shorts that cover some of the other main characters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:25 pm 

I hate these threads! Everytime TBC miss a Monday Update, people get up in arms. They will update when they update. Have some patience and wait. Locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]