Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
 Post subject: TBC say HR will return summer 2011!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:29 pm 

[link removed]

Quote:
家の星のランナーは次の夏を戻す! よい兄弟はそう言った! それは"と資格を与えられた強い世界とのすべての新しい映画である; 強い世界の" そして小さい詐欺の兄弟は火のドラゴンに対して幸運である。 創造物の呼出しは騒々しいとどろきを得た。

Could someone translate this?

Post subject: Re: TBC say HR will return summer 2011!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 pm 

Uh... what?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:02 pm 

You might want to remove that link.
Quote:
Home star runner to return next summer! Brother said that good! It is "all new movie entitled to a strong world; strong world" And the little brother of the fire fraud Fortunately for the dragon. Call creatures got a loud roar.

The financial aid office
is closed on Tuesdays
and steer clear of the beef stroganov at the dining hall.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:13 am 

I used google translation and got;

Quote:
Homestar runner to return next summer! Brothers say that is fortunate! It will be a new movie to the world entitled "strong world" The brother says it will be about good from the fire comes a dragon. A loud roar the creature has.

:trogdor:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:49 am 

So they tell a foreign country but not us????

Thanks.... Thanks all

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:58 am 

Yeah...this sounds as shady as buying legit-looking Strong Bad merchandise from Bubs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 am 

Terminusvitae wrote:
Yeah...this sounds as shady as buying legit-looking Strong Bad merchandise from Bubs.

or a 4Chan type hoax.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 pm 

What the crap?

How is the link relevant and where did the Japanese text come from?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:06 pm 

[link removed]

Quote:
我々は、それ以上の漫画やスキューバダイビングギアをやっていることはありません。あなたがサックスを所有している場合ただし、2012年のカレンダーは、非常に可能です。

This seems to contradict their earlier statement. Here is the translation I got from Google Translate:

Quote:
We have been doing cartoons and scuba gear no further. However, if you own a saxophone, calendar year 2012 is very possible.

:ehsteve:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:08 pm 

In the interest of not being banned on my very first post, I would like to point out that my previous post is a joke, and that I am a huge fan of H*R even during this extended hiatus.

Also, based on Strong Carl's post history, I think he is just trolling.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:39 am 

Intriguing..... I'm not sure what to say of this. On one hand it's apparently something from there, on another hand it's from another language, and on the third hand if it's true, I really don't know what to say. If SNL can't make a half-decent movie, I'm not sure TBC can.

The way I'm looking at the translation is like this: "Homestar Runner will return next summer! The Brother Chaps have confirmed this! "It is an all new movie called "Strong World"," said Matt Chapman (the younger of the Brother Chaps). Trogdor, the dragon, might be in it. Make sure to tell all of your friends!"

Last edited by doctorwho295 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:49 am 

This is confusing the heck out of me...What's with the Ben 10 site? And where did the text actually come from?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:22 pm 

What? :eek:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:32 am 

On the extreme, infinitesimal chance that this is somehow, against all the laws of existence, not a hoax, it just serves as proof positive that the Chapmans are even worse than Metallica at relating to their fans.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:46 am 

Strong Carl wrote:
I used google translation and got;

Quote:
Homestar runner to return next summer! Brothers say that is fortunate! It will be a new movie to the world entitled "strong world" The brother says it will be about good from the fire comes a dragon. A loud roar the creature has.

:trogdor:

Gergall wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Sky-Dancers-Light-Up-Doll/dp/B0009DTF7M

Quote:
我々は、それ以上の漫画やスキューバダイビングギアをやっていることはありません。あなたがサックスを所有している場合ただし、2012年のカレンダーは、非常に可能です。

This seems to contradict their earlier statement. Here is the translation I got from Google Translate:

Quote:
We have been doing cartoons and scuba gear no further. However, if you own a saxophone, calendar year 2012 is very possible.

:ehsteve:

Proving once again that Bablefish sucks; this is what it spit out:

The runner of the star of the house resets the following summer! The good sibling so said! As for that " It is the movie whose everything of the strong world where with qualification could be given is new; " of the strong world; And the sibling of small fraud is fortunate vis-a-vis the dragon of the fire. As for the call of creative ones the loud roar was obtained.

As for us, there are no times when cartoon and the scuba diving gear above that are done. You have owned the saxophone when however, the calendar 2012 is very possible.

So which is odder? Japan knowing first (& there not even being a Japanese Wikipedia entry for Homestar), or that the movie is "Stong World" instead of "Monster Safari," or that Homestar Runner is spelled 家の星のランナー instead of ホームスターランナー?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:48 pm 

I am so confused right now.....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:03 pm 

"Strong World"

I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh at that.

Great, now I'm imagining an H*R-styled version of "It's A Small World"...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:35 pm 

Hmmm... I speak Japanese and English, and the message is technically correct. However, it seems like like it is fake (the way it sounds, it seems like it was just translated more-or-less from English in Google Translate to Japanese). First, Homestar Runner would be written in the same alphabet pretty much all names and things from foreign countries (especially western ones) I believe. Secondly, the way it is written is in a grammar structure that no one would report news in, it is way too informal. And third (all things need three points, no?) other people have pointed out the person's other posts seem to be somewhat trolling and also why would TBC release their biggest statement to Japan when most of their fans are in America and pretty much all of their content is in English (except for those Polish emails I guess, lol).

I wish it was true, but it seems to be a hoax and someone trying to have a little fun at the expense of the H*R community. Not in good form, Mr. Not in good form!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:12 pm 

It's still pretty pathetic that they posted it on some crappy Cartoon Network show's toy networking site. D:

~DJG~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:02 pm 

I have no idea what that says, but who cares? They're back NOW!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:37 pm 

I speak Japanese -- not very well, but a little -- and I can tell just from the very first words that the post is a hoax. "Homestar Runner" would definitely not be 家の星のランナー in Japanese. (That would be pronounced something like "ie no hoshi no rannaa", meaning "runner of the house of the stars", when any Japanese person would just say "Homustaa Rannaa" [or "Ranaa"].) It is extremely unusual to translate names this way. Sometimes when a translated name works, they'll translate the name, but I'm pretty sure "Homestar" is untranslatable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:48 pm 

I got something like this:
The runner of the star of the house resets the following summer! The good sibling so said! It is the movie whose everything of the strong world where that "could give with qualification is new; The strong world" and the sibling of small fraud is fortunate vis-a-vis the dragon of the fire. As for the call of creative ones the loud roar was obtained.
then this:
Home star runner to return next summer! Brother said that good! It is "all new movie entitled to a strong world; strong world" And the little brother of the fire fraud Fortunately for the dragon. Call creatures got a loud roar.
for the next line, I got:
So, what I can infer from this, is that TBC said that they will gladly release a movie called "Strong World", and Trogdor will play a big part in it. Then, there's a little brother that will be fortunate.
TBC has stopped making cartoons and scuba gear. IF, however, you by chance happen to own a saxophone, the movie will come out in 2012.
:eek: this is possibly the weirdest translations I've ever gotten.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]