Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Strong Bad's Mount RidesPlace! USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:20 pm 

This amusement park was one that Strong Bad imagined in the aptly-named email THEME PARK. In it, he talks about a park that will feature "more rides than you or your grandmother can handle", although grandmothers should not actually be brought to this park. So far, the only attractions shown here include the following:

1. THE BOWELS OF TROGDOR: The park's flagship roller coaster, which keeps spinning around in circles until participants either throw up or catch fire somehow. The height requirements are displayed by Trogdor's beefy arm at the entrance.
2. SWEET CUPPIN' CAKES LAND: Evidently the park's kiddie land, to which Strong Bad sends The Cheat because he is not tall enough for the Bowels of Trogdor. The only known ride here, at least according to some sources, is one involving spinning versions of Eh! Steve!
3. THE STRONG SAD GETS DECKED REPEATEDLY STUNT SPOOK-TACULAR: A show in which Strong Sad, wearing a witch's hat, stands there until Strong Mad tackles him.
4. THROW GAME: An impossible-to-play ring toss.
5. ANTIC-ING/ANTIQUE-ING MT. RIDESPLACE MASCOTS: Several walkaround characters including Poppy the Tire, Stoppy the Sign and General Tso's Chicken.

But since he doesn't have the money for it yet, Strong Bad decides to make do with the Strong Badian Riverquest Safariventure.

Now, for this thread, I think we should conjure up some more rides for this imaginary park. One thing I was thinking about was to merge the Riverquest into the park. Another thing I was thinking of is a Splash Mountain-type log flume ride under the working title of Peasantry Mountain. This ride would be more or less a log flume version of the game Peasant's Quest. One thing I was thinking of here is that, just before the big drop over the obvious waterfall, you make your way up a lift hill leading to the drop. The hill takes place inside Trogdor's lair where you have an encounter with the Burninator himself just before you go down! All the while, the dramatic version of the Trogdor theme plays in the background sounding very much like how it does in the big battle in 8-Bit Is Enough (click here for a sample of what I mean (from 1:22 to 5:02): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWrUNHqmg2o).

Anyway, that's just one of my ideas for Strong Bad's Mount RidesPlace! USA. What are some of yours?