Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What do we know...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:52 pm 

I think we've now passed into the stage where the whole end of new material on the HS site has become one of the modern mysteries of pop culture.

So...for those forum members that remain...let's figure it out.

What are the facts?

They stopped posting with any regularity in 2009. Both have gone on to work on larger projects. There was mention of a second baby break. Communication from the Chaps over social media has been spotty and elusive at best. We had that weird "when you least expect it" twitter announcement back in 2010(11?).

So....what else do we know? Is there even a drop of hope in regards to a return or farewell SBemail? What d'ya think?

Post subject: Re: What do we know...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 am 

They got offered better paying jobs in the entertainment field doing "real" shows and they wanted to further their career and do something else. This probably happened around the same time of taking a baby break and also burn out so they decided to take up the job offers. They didn't want to close the book on H*R forever but they also seem to be too busy with all that going on to dedicate the time to it they could BEFORE they had a bunch of children and BEFORE they took full time jobs in the entertainment field.

They quit crappy jobs doing telemarketing and stuff to do H*R, who wants to stop working on Disney cartoons and stuff? H*R got them to where they are but they just don't give it any attention and leave it in limbo. I'm sure they keep saying when they both can get together and have time they'll do another cartoon but that's like two friends who say they'll hang out again like the old days when they're both married with families and busy careers. This means it'll probably never happen or if it does it won't happen for a long time unless they use vacation days together to actually just work on a new toon.

The odds of that with a family that dictates the things you do are slim. The kids are growing up at this point. They're also a private bunch somewhat, so they probably don't want H*R fans knowing what they're doing in their lives too much.

I believe they DO care about H*R and the characters, but life and family is more important and that's what happened. Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

I think there will be another toon, someday. But I think there will never be regular updates to the site ever ever again. The site is, for better or worse, dead. It'll stay up for posterity but it'll never be active again.

Plus, Flash cartoons and flash in general is on it's way out. Mobile platforms and such prevent their toons from loading correctly or being interactive like the old days. H*R is a product of early 2000s internet. And they seem to think that way about it.

Post subject: Re: What do we know...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:06 am 

Well now I guess we know that they're back. NEVERMIND! :)