Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Almost HSR fans?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:35 am 

Have you managed to get any of your friends to like something about Homestar Runner without them actually seeing it? For instance...my friends Joe and Andrew know NOTHING of Homestar Runner. However, we're playing DDR one day, and we find that one of the songs is the theme to Never-Ending Story. As we listen, I belt out the first thing that goes through my head: "Never-ending SOOOODAAAA! Ahhh, ahhhh, ahhhhh!" Of course, they were confused at first, but after singing it a few more times, now it's become one of our running gags. So now they quote HSR without knowing it.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Getting someone "into" HSR through something like this? Even if all they do is quote the one thing they know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:44 am 

Actually, yes, I have. My good friend Tracey and I often recite the PbTC Crazy Cartoon to each other. "Here, the Cheat, have a trophy."

It's the only thing from the site she knows about.

And my friend Tim liked "Can D" from the Marshie-ween commercial, but that's all he knows from H*R.

It's so sad that I'm one of only two people at my school that even knows about H*R. I think all the posters here should build a town somewhere, or something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:43 pm 

I always say '' Get this freakin' duck away from me '' If if it's clearly not a duck. So my friends think that everything I refer is '' a duck ''. Kinda funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:23 pm 

There's this one kid at school who thinks it's hilarious when I say, "Hey kid, you wanna smoke some candy with me?".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:39 pm 

Kinda.. My freind Cory sued to watch H*R, but stopped. I still quote things, and he even quoets them too, now, without even knowing what they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:30 pm 

I told a friend about it. All he watched was, like, "The Strong Bad Is In Jail Cartoon" (or maybe it was "The Luau", I forget), and he liked it, but he couldn't be bothered... he was spending all his time on Runescape. Runescape. HE IS DOING SOMETHING COMPLETELY LAME INSTEAD OF WATCHING H*R? JEEEEEEZZZZ!!!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. He's cool anyway.