Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:03 pm 

Quote:
...but it may have crappy animation, like Bonus Stage.

It may have crappy humour, like Bonus Stage.

ZING!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:07 pm 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
And keep in mind that we didn't know how pregnant she was; they never said. They just mentioned that she was pregnant. For all we know, the baby might've been born a month ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:11 am 

Their remark about her being pregnant wasn't even so much as an announcement as an offhand remark that fit with the conversation at the time, as it accentuated Mike missing their anniversary. They had oppourtunity to "announce" it a week earlier in an interview, but chose not to. In fact, Matt was the one that mentioned it, Mike might have not even wanted it known. An "annoucement" would have been more of a notice on the website's main page or something.

Technically, she could be having/had the baby anytime between last February 28th to this coming November, though May - August is a more likely timeframe, and it's entirely possible the pregnancy is somehow the cause of the lack of updates, hopefully in a good way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:32 am 

I'm being quoted a good bit and I think I'm being taken the wrong way. I noticed an argument and decided to contribute some facts and analysis. I honestly have no idea what the right or average amount of time to spend on a flash is. I just pointed out that 17 is clearly a larger number than 10.

The Spainish Inquisition wrote:
Okay, so 1 month before you find out + 2 months before announcing + 5 months = 8 months. Still a little bit too early.

Please stop nit-picking. Have you ever heard of premature births? It's a plausible theory.

However, my theory is that the Chaps have sold everything to Dreamworks and we can expect to see Homestar Runner in theaters next summer in glorious 3D animation with the voice talents of David Spade as Strong Bad and Will Farrel as Homestar, two men with a mission, but only one with a clue. Meanwhile the site is over because it won't make any money with its lack of advertising or subscription fees.

Don't despair though, because Little Chappy will have straight teeth and an Ivy League education.

Now that we're done with that we can start theorizing about ways in which H*R can jump the shark. I'm thinking it would be cool if Marzipan finally married Coach Z, as he clearly loves her and Homestar simply isn't mature enough. Strong Bad would discover that the King of Town was his father and had been neglecting to pay child support, and the plucky new comic relief, The Homeschool Winner, will be keeping everyone in stitches. But beware, because when the Unguraits invade, the only hope for Free Country USA will be Little Z.

Man, I need to get a job at Dreamworks. Those guys seriously need my genius to handle a property as sensitive as Homestar Runner. Hopefully I can make some millions and get a house in the Coches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:42 am 

I'm all for the theory that they're just on vacation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:41 am 

PolarBoy wrote:
However, my theory is that the Chaps have sold everything to Dreamworks and we can expect to see Homestar Runner in theaters next summer in glorious 3D animation with the voice talents of David Spade as Strong Bad and Will Farrel as Homestar, two men with a mission, but only one with a clue. Meanwhile the site is over because it won't make any money with its lack of advertising or subscription fees.

Now that we're done with that we can start theorizing about ways in which H*R can jump the shark.

I think you just did. .__.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:13 pm 

Heh, wow, that sure was a stupid theory. I doubt H*R will jump the shark any time soon. they're getting older, but that doesn't mean the quality of their stuff gets worse. I think that their hiatus is completely justified. If they take a YEAR off, I'd still have gerat respect for them. And if they never make a toon again, that doesn't make the stuff already made worse. Maybe Mike and Missy will have other priorities now. But we've always been faithful fans. Why stop now? :-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:46 pm 

PolarBoy wrote:

Man, I need to get a job at Dreamworks. Those guys seriously need my genius to handle a property as sensitive as Homestar Runner. Hopefully I can make some millions and get a house in the Coches.

That's the best theory I've heard so far. Certainly more believable than this "pregger" rumor. POLARBOY FOR GOVERNOR!

(Once you make millions, can you pay for my college tuition?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:11 pm 

Maybe they're just working on a super-great Stinkoman 20X6 level 10.

Or maybe not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:29 pm 

"What should we name the baby, Mike?"

"Ummm...Cwapface."

I'm sure the Brothers Chaps are fine. They deserve a good break. I dunno if it's the baby, their father still, or any of that. But they'll get on track soon.

Perhaps they're preparing for August, when they plan on releasing content for the 10th anniversary of the children's book. That's my first guess. I'm sure it'll be so huge, it'll more than make up the lack of new stuff currently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:57 pm 

well, today marks one month without updates. Something tells me the brothers chaps have something big in store...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:07 am 

Actually, they are updating in a sense, just not with toons, emails, etc. Mostly just Podstar Runners and store specials. So they've been updating, just not with toons, etc. whatever I just talked about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:40 pm 

PurpleKoopa wrote:
Actually, they are updating in a sense, just not with toons, emails, etc. Mostly just Podstar Runners and store specials. So they've been updating, just not with toons, etc. whatever I just talked about.

Yeah, but anybody can take a HR cartoon and turn into into a podstar runner. M&M don't have to be behind the wheel the whole time, they can get any decently competent friend to update that and pay them in burritos.

No, I think they're on the beach, because that's where I'd be if I weren't working right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:47 pm 

Location: Underneath a big clock at the corner of 5th Avenue and 22nd Street...
I really just wish they would update. its been so long sence a true update, that I am now starting to get more than a little bit annoyed. I would be happy if they poasted the reason why they wern't updating, or if they updated. Either would do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:56 pm 

Just use this as a time to look back at some of the oldies :senor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:29 pm 

DarkSideOfTheSchwartz wrote:
I really just wish they would update. its been so long sence a true update, that I am now starting to get more than a little bit annoyed. I would be happy if they poasted the reason why they wern't updating, or if they updated. Either would do.

Please read the title again. This is not a topic for whining, this is a topic for discussing theories on why TBC are not updating calmly and collectfully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:31 pm 

Dejay wrote:

Yeah! Like the Answering Machines, or Senorial Day! Why come nobody remembers Senorial Day anymore? That toon was a huge hit when it came out! And another thing.... *rambles on and on*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:36 pm 

Einoo T. Spork wrote:
Dejay wrote:

Yeah! Like the Answering Machines, or Senorial Day! Why come nobody remembers Senorial Day anymore? That toon was a huge hit when it came out! And another thing.... *rambles on and on*

I watched Senorial Day yesterday, >_> I love the new answering machines.

"Look Marzipan, this is goat face. I have a goat, for a face."

:p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:35 pm 

PolarBoy wrote:

Jeez, would that suck or what? Then again, I'm sure with the money they got from selling the rights from the site and then from the HR shop they would have more than enough money to keep the site going.

... *thinks through again*... But wait!!! THE RIGHTS WERE SOLD!!! GAH!!!

I'm sure they would never sell the rights though. RIGHT?!?!? THEY WOULDN'T!! RIGHT?!?!?!

That would be a pretty kick-awsome movie, though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:13 pm 

Perhaps they just can't be bothered.

I know I couldn't but that's probably because I'm lazy.

No plus no equals no. All no's lead to no, no, NO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:42 pm 

Phlip wrote:
likalaruku wrote:
it takes a single person a month to do 5 min of animation in color.
Maybe if it's hand-drawn... and detailed...

CG and Flash and all the rest speed it up a lot... and if you don't care about detail (viz. almost anything on newgrounds) you can throw something together in like 10 minutes.

According to the DVD commentary, flashback took 3 days to make, and that was a long one... usually they take 1 or 2.
I think TBC care about detail more than we sometimes think... I mean, just look at the Saddy Dumpington cartoon.

Post subject: Idea maybe
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:22 pm 

Maybe they are just having some compy trouble or whatever. Or they lost something on their compy. And there is always the idea that they are on vacation some place.

Post subject: Re: Idea maybe
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:26 pm 

H*bad wrote:
Maybe they are just having some compy trouble or whatever. Or they lost something on their compy. And there is always the idea that they are on vacation some place.
I really, really, really, really doubt they would be off for a month because of compy troubles (they aren't just running this website from their basement computer, of course). I dunno what they would have lost on their compy, either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:11 pm 

A theory on Podstar:

Jonathan is doing those updates. It would make sense, as he IS their techy guy, and he'd probably be the one converting it. Meh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:44 pm 

One reason I would assume they are taking so long to update is that their animation quality has gone up quite a bit in the last year alone. The workmanship in the graphics is becoming insane. So, I'm being patient, but dropping a hint or so wouldn't hurt either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:05 am 

I think that they are taking most of their time working on something big for the 10th anniversary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:07 am 

ed 'lim' smilde wrote:
I think TBC care about detail more than we sometimes think... I mean, just look at the Saddy Dumpington cartoon.

I didn't say that. I said that non-detailed Flash animations can be thrown together in the region of minutes-hours. And that most sbemails take a couple of days. Significantly less than the quoted "month per 5 minutes of footage" figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:56 am 

Okay here is my take on this situation:

I dont think the bros chaps are planning anything big. They are taking a break/still mourning the death of their faja (faja can u hear me?).....anyways i know all joo peoples are saying "at least we have homestar for free" and "its their website they can do whatever they want" and things like that but people rely on them for entertainment each week. It's kind of a let down to see no updates for a month. wow i really suck at expressing what i really think. like a month is a pretty long time, ive had to revert back to runescape (<----best free online game) to pass the time. maybe a suggestion for the chapzies would be to start updating every 2 weeks so that when things like this come along we can think they need the time.

[Offtopic]
Yknow, ive always hated when like a person who has an opinion in a forum and who has bag spelling says something sucks and then all the fanboys just flame him saying "Learn to type!" and all that junk. That really gets on my nerves!
/ / / [O fffftopic
]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:51 am 

joeman wrote:
Okay here is my take on this situation:

I dont think the bros chaps are planning anything big. They are taking a break/still mourning the death of their faja (faja can u hear me?).....anyways i know all joo peoples are saying "at least we have homestar for free" and "its their website they can do whatever they want" and things like that but people rely on them for entertainment each week. It's kind of a let down to see no updates for a month. wow i really suck at expressing what i really think. like a month is a pretty long time, ive had to revert back to runescape (<----best free online game) to pass the time. maybe a suggestion for the chapzies would be to start updating every 2 weeks so that when things like this come along we can think they need the time.

[Offtopic]
Yknow, ive always hated when like a person who has an opinion in a forum and who has bag spelling says something sucks and then all the fanboys just flame him saying "Learn to type!" and all that junk. That really gets on my nerves!
/ / / [O fffftopic
]

People should really learn how to spell/form a sentence before they attempt to convey their opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:49 pm 

joeman wrote:
ive had to revert back to runescape (<----best free online game)

Blasphemy!

*Plays KoL*

Last edited by DumDeDum on Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next