Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:51 am 

joeman wrote:
Okay here is my take on this situation:

I dont think the bros chaps are planning anything big. They are taking a break/still mourning the death of their faja (faja can u hear me?).....anyways i know all joo peoples are saying "at least we have homestar for free" and "its their website they can do whatever they want" and things like that but people rely on them for entertainment each week. It's kind of a let down to see no updates for a month. wow i really suck at expressing what i really think. like a month is a pretty long time, ive had to revert back to runescape (<----best free online game) to pass the time. maybe a suggestion for the chapzies would be to start updating every 2 weeks so that when things like this come along we can think they need the time.

[Offtopic]
Yknow, ive always hated when like a person who has an opinion in a forum and who has bag spelling says something sucks and then all the fanboys just flame him saying "Learn to type!" and all that junk. That really gets on my nerves!
/ / / [O fffftopic
]

People should really learn how to spell/form a sentence before they attempt to convey their opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:49 pm 

joeman wrote:
ive had to revert back to runescape (<----best free online game)

Blasphemy!

*Plays KoL*

Last edited by DumDeDum on Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:00 pm 

over a month is kind of a long time for TBC to not update... iwonder if they're taking a really long vavation?

or maybe one of their wive's is having a baby. I always wish i knew why the updates weren't coming. it's so much easier to wait when you know why you're waiting.

i think this thread is a great idea. whoever thought of it is a genious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:20 pm 

DumDeDum wrote:
*Plays KoL*

Don't play KoL, it's even worst than runescape. Them and their sabre-toothed lemons...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:34 pm 

Phlip wrote:
DumDeDum wrote:
*Plays KoL*

Don't play KoL, it's even worst than runescape. Them and their sabre-toothed lemons...

The guy actually spelled it "saber", but whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:34 pm 
Pizza Pizza

TrogdorTSL wrote:

Stu doesn't think so. The shameless promotion was just as bad an idea as the thread.

Whenever people complain about a lack of updates, it makes me want to go into "make fun of people who are saying 'HOW DARE THEY STOP GIVING US FREE STUFF!!!' " mode.

I resist that, this time.

They're gonna be back when they're back, and not a second before. Hopefully, they'll come back recharged and ready to make us all laugh. If they decide to never make another toon, well, it's been a good run (and I hope they keep the site up).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:03 am 

joeman wrote:
anyways i know all joo peoples are saying "at least we have homestar for free" and "its their website they can do whatever they want" and things like that but people rely on them for entertainment each week. It's kind of a let down to see no updates for a month. wow i really suck at expressing what i really think. like a month is a pretty long time, ive had to revert back to runescape (<----best free online game) to pass the time. maybe a suggestion for the chapzies would be to start updating every 2 weeks so that when things like this come along we can think they need the time.

I know!!!! I turned to my science teachers schoolnotes page for entertainment. I ended up counting the amount of exclamation marks he used. Now that the school year's over I don't know what to do. This is what happens when I don't get Homestar :sm: !

All semi-seriousness aside, I've found the break from homestar refreshing, but I hope it returns soon. I understand that even TBC are human and need time to mourn, be a parent, have a vacation, etc. It'd be kinda weird if it was all three. A 10th level or a new big toon would be a good welcome back update, but it's highly unlikely. I don't think TBC are planning anything big.[/s]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:52 am 

Psycho Mantis wrote:
joeman wrote:
[Offtopic]
Yknow, ive always hated when like a person who has an opinion in a forum and who has bag spelling says something sucks and then all the fanboys just flame him saying "Learn to type!" and all that junk. That really gets on my nerves!
/ / / [O fffftopic
]

People should really learn how to spell/form a sentence before they attempt to convey their opinion.

Before this gets ugly: Psycho Mantis isn't flaming you; he's flaming your atrocious spelling. Some people complain about bad spelling not because they disagree with you but because they really just don't like bad spelling. Eventually you may like to ask yourself: If I won't make the effort to make myself clear, why should anybody else make the effort to understand me?

That aside, I think I get how you feel. It's not so much the indignation of not receiving what you're entitled to--that would be ludicrous and petty anyway--it's more just the disappointment of not receiving what you had looked forward to. Anticipation, when not fulfilled, has a kind of disappointment that is difficult to salve. Maybe because nothing else would really be the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:58 pm 

StrongRad wrote:
Stu doesn't think so. The shameless promotion was just as bad an idea as the thread.

Sorry, Stu. I just got tired of people screaming "THE M0DZ ARE LIK DAT MEEN GERMAN GY CUZ DEY DONT LET US WINE." Back on topic: seriously, is this topic even going anywhere? We're just restating the same things like, thirty-seven times. And as for the people who joined the forum just to post on this topic: well, let's just say I hope you're better behaved on the other topics. This topic is locked, but for anyone ready to whine about how bad we are: GO TO ANOTHER FORUM.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4