Homestar Runner Wiki Forum
http://forum.hrwiki.org/

What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q
http://forum.hrwiki.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10712
Page 2 of 2

Author:  IantheGecko [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:00 am ]
Post subject: 

Three words: GOOD SAMARITAN LAWS!

What the crap were they thinking?

Author:  ramrod [ Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:35 am ]
Post subject: 

IantheGecko wrote:
Three words: GOOD SAMARITAN LAWS!

What the crap were they thinking?
It's even more sick that someone took a picture of the body, if I remember it right.

Author:  PianoManGidley [ Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 am ]
Post subject: 

ramrod wrote:
IantheGecko wrote:
Three words: GOOD SAMARITAN LAWS!

What the crap were they thinking?
It's even more sick that someone took a picture of the body, if I remember it right.


Yep. Took a picture with their camera phone, and THEN called 911.

Author:  Ju Ju Master [ Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:40 am ]
Post subject: 

I've seen people sue Google for stupid things, but this is just sad...

Author:  IantheGecko [ Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:43 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm pretty sure SSN's have 9 digits, not 6. That guy is on the Failboat.

Author:  Real Raamis [ Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

A guy on the 'tubes put up a vid of how Fox news claimed that Mr. Rogers is responsible for the low intelligence rates of the new generation. They say that since Mr. Rogers told all his viewers "You're special", all the teenagers think that they don't need to try hard to be successful, that all they need to be is themselves.
????????????????????????????????????????????
More like Fox views.

Author:  StrongRad [ Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ewwww...

Author:  Beyond the Grave [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  News of the Weird

Reuters wrote:
Village re-elects dead mayor
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:19pm EDT

BUCHAREST (Reuters) - The residents of a Romanian village knowingly voted in a dead man as their mayor in Sunday's municipal election, preferring him to his living opponent.

Neculai Ivascu, 57, who ran the village for almost two decades, died from liver disease just after voting began -- but still won the election by a margin of 23 votes.

A local official said the authorities decided to keep the poll open in case Ivascu's opponent, Gheorghe Dobrescu, won, avoiding the need for a re-run.

"I know he died, but I don't want change," a pro-Ivascu villager told Romanian television.

In the end, election authorities gave the post to the runner-up, but some villagers and Ivascu's party, the powerful opposition Social Democrat Party (PSD), have called for a new vote.

(Reporting by Marius Zaharia; Editing by Raissa Kasolowsky)

Author:  StrongRad [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: News of the Weird

From the post that spawned this thread, here's the story that spawned this thread: GOOD LICENSE PLATE!

Author:  Capt. Ido Nos [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: News of the Weird

StrongRad wrote:
From the post that spawned this thread, here's the story that spawned this thread: GOOD LICENSE PLATE!

Wow, they just figured that out? Wow. I love how clueless people can be, and how much the internet seems like a secret club to them.

Author:  The Noid [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: News of the Weird

Already been posted topic reappears, more on this at 11.

Author:  gino [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

BOY HANGS SELF BECAUSE HE CANT PLAY WII!
Quote:
His mother, Andrea, said they had given Jake some money for his birthday with which he had bought a new Wii game.

But when he got home with it his sister was watching television and he could not play it. She said he "had a temper tantrum and stormed off upstairs".

Soon after, his father, John, went up to see him. He said: "The first thing I saw when I walked in to Jake's bedroom was all the paper he had ripped up on the floor during his tantrum.

"The door was open with his bed to my left behind the door. I was going to tell him off when I turned. It took me a few seconds to register what I was seeing.

"His school tie was round his neck and he was hung from his cabin bed. I tried to lift him and his tie was attached to a bar on the bed."

Author:  16_BIT_MARIO1 [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

That's a bit of an overreaction.

Author:  gino [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

16_BIT_MARIO1 wrote:
That's a bit of an overreaction.

If you read the article, it says it was really just an accident.

Author:  16_BIT_MARIO1 [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

gino wrote:
16_BIT_MARIO1 wrote:
That's a bit of an overreaction.

If you read the article, it says it was really just an accident.

*Actually does so*
Ooooooohhh...

Author:  Jimmie [ Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: News of the Weird

Beyond the Grave wrote:
Reuters wrote:
Village re-elects dead mayor
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:19pm EDT

BUCHAREST (Reuters) - The residents of a Romanian village knowingly voted in a dead man as their mayor in Sunday's municipal election, preferring him to his living opponent.

Neculai Ivascu, 57, who ran the village for almost two decades, died from liver disease just after voting began -- but still won the election by a margin of 23 votes.

A local official said the authorities decided to keep the poll open in case Ivascu's opponent, Gheorghe Dobrescu, won, avoiding the need for a re-run.

"I know he died, but I don't want change," a pro-Ivascu villager told Romanian television.

In the end, election authorities gave the post to the runner-up, but some villagers and Ivascu's party, the powerful opposition Social Democrat Party (PSD), have called for a new vote.

(Reporting by Marius Zaharia; Editing by Raissa Kasolowsky)

Wow...makes me feel sorry for the other candidate. xD

Author:  16_BIT_MARIO1 [ Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: News of the Weird

Jimmie wrote:
Beyond the Grave wrote:
Reuters wrote:
Village re-elects dead mayor
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:19pm EDT

BUCHAREST (Reuters) - The residents of a Romanian village knowingly voted in a dead man as their mayor in Sunday's municipal election, preferring him to his living opponent.

Neculai Ivascu, 57, who ran the village for almost two decades, died from liver disease just after voting began -- but still won the election by a margin of 23 votes.

A local official said the authorities decided to keep the poll open in case Ivascu's opponent, Gheorghe Dobrescu, won, avoiding the need for a re-run.

"I know he died, but I don't want change," a pro-Ivascu villager told Romanian television.

In the end, election authorities gave the post to the runner-up, but some villagers and Ivascu's party, the powerful opposition Social Democrat Party (PSD), have called for a new vote.

(Reporting by Marius Zaharia; Editing by Raissa Kasolowsky)

Wow...makes me feel sorry for the other candidate. xD

"I can't believe it. I lost to a corpse."

Author:  ramrod [ Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: News of the Weird

16_BIT_MARIO1 wrote:
"I can't believe it. I lost to a corpse."

Just like John Ashcroft...

Author:  Beyond the Grave [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

BNL Singer Steven Page Arrested.

He got arrested about a half hour from where I live. I love the comments after the article.

Author:  The Noid [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

^Andy Dick got arrested in Buffalo today too. Or maybe last night.

Author:  Acekirby [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

Beyond the Grave wrote:
BNL Singer Steven Page Arrested.

He got arrested about a half hour from where I live. I love the comments after the article.

He was just rocking hard :-|

Also I lol'd hard at the comments

Author:  Ninti [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

Beyond the Grave wrote:
BNL Singer Steven Page Arrested.

He got arrested about a half hour from where I live. I love the comments after the article.

:')

Author:  Real Raamis [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

Ok, so don't ask me why, but I'm semi-watching the view, and they're talking about a new character barbie doll.
Link
And everybody's a gettin' their panties in a knot because it looks like a pedophile's dream doll.

Author:  Ninti [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

Pedophiles like innocence.
That is not innocent.

Author:  The Noid [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's Up With Our World? (a.k.a. "Funny News Stories&q

Real Raamis wrote:
Ok, so don't ask me why, but I'm semi-watching the view, and they're talking about a new character barbie doll.
Link
And everybody's a gettin' their panties in a knot because it looks like a pedophile's dream doll.


Oh god now the 4 year olds are gonna act like whores too

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/