Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: FOOTBALL!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:44 am 

I think the Patriots were better, but the Giants were obviously still good enough to win if things went there way. They came through in the clutch, and that's what counts.

TOP OF THE PAGE!!!

This post is simulpost'd with a few others, so don't miss the last few last page...

Last edited by ed 'lim' smilde on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

iKipapa wrote:
Acekirby wrote:
I don't care if you like the Pats or not, but please feel bad for Junior Seau. Dude's gone 18 years without a ring. That's brutal.

Worst part about this is now all people will remember is the choking, not the ridiculously awesome team that was.

Dude, you're talking to me?! Seau played here for a long time. I love the man. The only reason I could have accepted a Pats win was for him. I was devastated when he left the Chargers, and that was back when I didn't even care about football. He played here for thirteen seasons, and made the Pro Bowl in twelve. Amazing.
Plus, the restaurant named after him is also amazing.

I'm talking to everyone.

Well Ace, I was going to laugh at you, but I saw how miserable you were and just didn't have the heart to do it.

Location: Inside of a shirt,underwear,pants,shoes and under a hat
This is why I love new york.

Although, we are stuck with a load of taxes and buhubs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:45 am 

I watched part of the Super Bowl, though I didn't watch anything past the end of the 3rd quarter. Truthfully, I do not care about football at all, so I am unaffected by whoever won or lost.

That is all. You may now resume your happy faces and sad faces.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:46 am 

I'm so late. However, I would just like to say that I pretty much hate the Giants. They're a good team, sure, but I was really rooting for the Patriots. Well, good night all. Gotta recover from a stomach full of Pringles and Coca-Cola.

Also, the Bridgestone commercials were really nice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:46 am 

DS_Kid wrote:
I watched part of the Super Bowl, though I didn't watch anything past the end of the 3rd quarter

Snape dies at the end.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:48 am 

nintendogs123 wrote:
Well Ace, I was going to laugh at you, but I saw how miserable you were and just didn't have the heart to do it.

Thanks. :)

Acekirby wrote:
iKipapa wrote:
Acekirby wrote:
I don't care if you like the Pats or not, but please feel bad for Junior Seau. Dude's gone 18 years without a ring. That's brutal.

Worst part about this is now all people will remember is the choking, not the ridiculously awesome team that was.

Dude, you're talking to me?! Seau played here for a long time. I love the man. The only reason I could have accepted a Pats win was for him. I was devastated when he left the Chargers, and that was back when I didn't even care about football. He played here for thirteen seasons, and made the Pro Bowl in twelve. Amazing.

I'm talking to everyone.

Conversely, while I am completely devastated over here, I am happy for Strahan. Dude deserved it. Just not this time.

I have a headache.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:49 am 

nintendogs123 wrote:

I do!

HA HA HA HA HA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:49 am 

bwave wrote:
DS_Kid wrote:
I watched part of the Super Bowl, though I didn't watch anything past the end of the 3rd quarter

Snape dies at the end.

OH CRAP...!

...I'M MISSING HOUSE!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:50 am 

Rusty wrote:
nintendogs123 wrote:

I do!

HA HA HA HA HA

Kill yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:54 am 

I'm sorry, but when someone like Ace (who's not know for SERIOUS BUSINESS) takes something like football so seriously, I can't help but laugh.

It's nothing against you, Ace, but it's just kind of funny.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:55 am 

Acekirby wrote:
iKipapa wrote:
Acekirby wrote:

I'm talking to everyone.
Can't feel bad for him. Feel too good for Michael Strahan, Jeff Feagles and Amani Toomer.

Belichick (or however you spell it, he doesn't deserve to have his name spelled right) is completely classless. The way he walked off the field. Yeah sure he shook Coughlin's hand, but he should have stayed on the sidelines until the game was officially over. And he is always a great interview in a loss. I understand he is dissappointed, but he can't even give anyone a straight answer.

This whole team is so unbelievably cocky that they think they can walk in here and not give the effort that they gave in the rest of the season. Don't tell me they played hard because they didn't. If you watched the game, you know they could've played harder. A LOT harder.

Brady choked and this will end the unbelievable comparisons to Montana and Bradshaw. He is not anywhere near their caliber.

Go cry.

GO GIANTS!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:56 am 

Acekirby wrote:
Also I'm really really dreading whenever BTG gets in here and completely rubs it in my face like I know he will. If you guys are already this bad, he's going to be awful.

I can ban him for you if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:58 am 

Rusty wrote:
I'm sorry, but when someone like Ace (who's not know for SERIOUS BUSINESS) takes something like football so seriously, I can't help but laugh.

It's nothing against you, Ace, but it's just kind of funny.

I cant help but agree a tiny bit.

But aec has a chowder avatar, so I'mma not say anything about how his football team bit the dust.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:59 am 

Well now I have two sports-related reasons to hate New York, along with all the other reasons I can't stand it.

It's a shame, I used to really like the Giants.

Quote:
Belichick (or however you spell it, he doesn't deserve to have his name spelled right) is completely classless. The way he walked off the field. Yeah sure he shook Coughlin's hand, but he should have stayed on the sidelines until the game was officially over. And he is always a great interview in a loss. I understand he is dissappointed, but he can't even give anyone a straight answer.

What the hell do you want him to do? Be all smiles after losing the single biggest game in the franchise's existence? Of course he's ticked. Any sensible person would be. Give him a week or so and they'll be ok.

Quote:
This whole team is so unbelievably cocky that they think they can walk in here and not give the effort that they gave in the rest of the season. Don't tell me they played hard because they didn't. If you watched the game, you know they could've played harder. A LOT harder.

The Giants were better this game. It has nothing to do with being cocky. Were the Packers cocky? Were the Cowboys cocky? No, the Giants just outplayed all of them.

Quote:
Brady choked and this will end the unbelievable comparisons to Montana and Bradshaw. He is not anywhere near their caliber.

I'm going to assume you think (Peyton) Manning is the best quarterback, right?

Quote:
Go cry.

Funny way to end your post considering you were just ranting about someone having "no class".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:02 am 

Acekirby wrote:
Homeschool Winner wrote:
Thank you for beating the Patriots and ending the perfect season that no one, outside of their fans, wanted to see.

Not true. I'm sure a lot of people wanted to see it because of the history. And because it would finally make the '72 Dolphins GTFO.

Okay, there are surely some non-Patriots fans who wanted to see the history made. What I was getting at is that the Patriots are like the Cowboys and Yankees in the way that you either love them or hate them, for the most part.

Acekirby wrote:
Homeschool Winner wrote:
Thank you for showing that the Patriots are good, but they're not that good.

Yeah they were. Still the best team of all time.

Please believe me when I say that I believe the Patriots are incredibly talented. They are. And they're good. But when I say they're not that good, I mean that they're 12-4 good, not 16-0 good, and they're certainly not the best team ever. Had they won tonight, they would have surely been top 5, probably #2 after the 1985 Bears. Now? Sorry Ace, but as phenomenally talented as they are (and they might be the most talented ever), you have to win a championship to be the best, no question.

Acekirby wrote:
Homeschool Winner wrote:
Thank you for stopping the 2007 Patriots from being famous, and instead making them infamous.

See above.

You said it yourself, they'll be remembered for being beat tonight more than they will be for winning 18 straight. Instead of being famous for being the first 19-0 team, the Giants made them infamous for being the team that had one of the best regular seasons ever, but losing the one game that matters.

I do feel bad for Junior Seau. The fact that he's gone 13 years between Super Bowls is a neat record, and he, like Jerome Bettis two years ago, whole-heartedly deserves to be a champion. You have to feel for him.

bwave wrote:
Edit: Hiatt Werling is the best name ever.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:04 am 

I've had enough of this. Everyone who only watches the Super Bowl and the Playoff games, please leave the thread. Now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:05 am 

Homeschool Winner wrote:
you have to win a championship to be the best, no question.

I dunno...there's a huge argument for Marino being the best QB ever, and...I can't remember, did he ever win a championship?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:05 am 

Acekirby wrote:
Well now I have two sports-related reasons to hate New York, along with all the other reasons I can't stand it.

It's a shame, I used to really like the Giants.

Quote:

What the hell do you want him to do? Be all smiles after losing the single biggest game in the franchise's existence? Of course he's tick. Any sensible person would be. Give him a week or so and they'll be ok.

Quote:

The Giants were better this game. It has nothing to do with being cocky. Were the Packers cocky? Were the Cowboys cocky? No, the Giants just outplayed all of them.

Quote:

I'm going to assume you think (Peyton) Manning is the best quarterback, right?

Quote:
Go cry.

Funny way to end your post considering you were just ranting about someone having "no class".

First of all, don't swear at me. I don't care if you are a mod, that gives you no right to swear.

I expected Belicheat to be disappointed, but they could've gotten a better interview from a cadaver. Lovie Smith last year was a gracious loser and Belichick could've been as well.

Not cocky? Then why did Moss do a little dance after he scored and Burress kneeled down and said a prayer.

I don't think Peyton is the best. Montana is the all time greatest.

And finally, don't hate. And I wasn't talking to you when I said go cry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:07 am 

Kevin, ace, knock it off please. I'm too damn drunk to deal with all this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:09 am 

Kevin DuBrow wrote:
First of all, don't swear at me. I don't care if you are a mod, that gives you no right to swear.

I've never considered "hell" a swear. You can ask any of the mods, I've never enforced it or cared. No need to get uppity about it.

Kevin DuBrow wrote:
I expected Belicheat to be disappointed, but they could've gotten a better interview from a cadaver. Lovie Smith last year was a gracious loser and Belichick could've been as well.

Clever. Like I said, give him time. This was way more of a crushing defeat than the Bears'.

Kevin DuBrow wrote:
Not cocky? Then why did Moss do a little dance after he scored and Burress kneeled down and said a prayer.

So every WR who does a dance is cocky? Burress was especially gracious, but that doesn't automatically make everyone else cocky.

Kevin DuBrow wrote:
I don't think Peyton is the best. Montana is the all time greatest.

Fair enough.

ramrod wrote:

lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:10 am 

Acekirby wrote:
Kevin DuBrow wrote:

I've never considered "hell" a swear. You can ask any of the mods, I've never enforced it or cared. No need to get uppity about it.

I agree, but it is in the rules.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:11 am 

Ramrod wrote:

Rule 6.

Also, this isn't personal at all, it's just football talk. Let 'em go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:13 am 

Whatever. I'm not going to get into an argument about enforcing the rules here because it's really irrelevant.

Also why can't I hate New York. 1, it's got the Yankees. 2, it's got the Giants. That's enough for me right there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:15 am 

You know what? Toomer has a cocky attitude. Just like Jeremy Stevens. Talks a big game, does nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:15 am 

Acekirby wrote:
Whatever. I'm not going to get into an argument about enforcing the rules here because it's really irrelevant.

Also why can't I hate New York. 1, it's got the Yankees. 2, it's got the Giants. That's enough for me right there.

We think the same way. You must be my younger brother.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:16 am 

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS, BABY!!!!

Oh and before I forget....It's crow eating time

The only problem I had is that the MVP award should have gone to the Giants Defense

Ace, you get one helping of crow.

Abu, you get
AbuGrape45 wrote:
I don't think it's gonna be that big a deficit the way the Giants have been playing on the road and coming into neutral territory. I'd say something like 21-27 Patriots.
One...

AbuGrape45 wrote:
And no Super Bowl victories.
Two...

AbuGrape45 wrote:
iand93 wrote:
I got $2.50 riding on this game.
Go Giants!

Dude, that's gonna be $2.50 gone.
Three helpings of crow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:17 am 

Acekirby wrote:
Also why can't I hate New York. 1, it's got the BTG. 2, it's got the Bwave. That's enough for me right there. Also, to a lesser extent Ramrod.

That's better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:17 am 

AbuGrape45 wrote:
You know what? Toomer has a cocky attitude. Just like Jeremy Stevens. Talks a big game, does nothing.
No that was Burress. At least Plax can say he caught the game-winning touchdown.

Toomer played pretty decent I think.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 58  Next