Homestar Runner Wiki Forum
http://forum.hrwiki.org/

Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad
http://forum.hrwiki.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13629
Page 11 of 11

Author:  Dark Grapefruit [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

This right here is a thing of beauty.

Author:  Jitka [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Dark Grapefruit wrote:


Hell yes

Author:  Einoo T. Spork [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Dark Grapefruit wrote:

Holy God that is glorious.

Author:  Capt. Ido Nos [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Dark Grapefruit wrote:

*glee*

Author:  SnowyFox [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Just like that fake Calvin and Hobbes strip, only not sad!

Author:  Acekirby [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Dark Grapefruit wrote:

Holy god that was awesome.

Author:  MikeMcG [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Dark Grapefruit wrote:


Ruined by the ending. >=[ I did not approve of the twist at all.

Author:  Acekirby [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

MikeMcG wrote:
Dark Grapefruit wrote:


Ruined by the ending. >=[ I did not approve of the twist at all.

Get out

Author:  Choc-o-Lardiac Arrest [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Dark Grapefruit wrote:

What makes me sad is how people who dislike a comic go around professing their hate for it, and have slides and graphs and examples proving how bad it sucks.

If you really hate something, then why would you waste your time discussing it?

But still, that last part? I did NOT see that coming.

Author:  Acekirby [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Because if you think something sucks it's only natural to have reasons for it, and when someone asks you why you hate it so much, you can explain.

Author:  Choc-o-Lardiac Arrest [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Acekirby wrote:
Because if you think something sucks it's only natural to have reasons for it, and when someone asks you why you hate it so much, you can explain.

But isn't hating it without giving a reason worth not having a pointless argument that will end in a stalemate?

EDIT: Also, Every comic in the world should end like this:

Image

Author:  ChickenLeg [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Dark Grapefruit wrote:


Despite not hating said series, I lol'd HARD.

And that explains why Scott is in his room so darn much.

Author:  The Noid [ Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Quote:
But isn't hating it without giving a reason worth not having a pointless argument that will end in a stalemate?


yes yes Yes Yes YES

Shut up, internet cool kids. Nobody cares how much you hate CAD and nobody wants to read your walls of text and graphs and slideshows and such.

Author:  Biscuithead [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Acekirby wrote:
MikeMcG wrote:
Dark Grapefruit wrote:


Ruined by the ending. >=[ I did not approve of the twist at all.

Get out

The ending is the only thing that saved it. Without that it would just be another "olololol i hate this series, lets mak them all DIE!!!!!"

Author:  Einoo T. Spork [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Biscuithead wrote:
Acekirby wrote:
MikeMcG wrote:
Ruined by the ending. >=[ I did not approve of the twist at all.

Get out

The ending is the only thing that saved it. Without that it would just be another "olololol i hate this series, lets mak them all DIE!!!!!"

Get out

Biscuit and Mike are both wrong. The premise is pretty awesome and reminded me of that weird Garfpocalypse thing Jim Davis did that one Halloween, but oh man, the ending just... It's brilliant.

Author:  The Noid [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Quote:
Garfpocalypse


That's when it all turns out to be a dream, right? That's a classic.

Author:  ramrod [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

MikeMcG wrote:
Dark Grapefruit wrote:


Ruined by the ending. >=[ I did not approve of the twist at all.

The ending made it go from kinda funny to full on lul.

Author:  Einoo T. Spork [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

The Noid wrote:
Quote:
Garfpocalypse


That's when it all turns out to be a dream, right? That's a classic.

Yes.

Also today's xkcd is the comic at its best.

edit: hey i googled it and it turns out i'm the first person to have come up with the word garfpocalypse

watch as it becomes the next big thing

you can say you know the guy who invented that word

Author:  Acekirby [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

The Noid wrote:
Quote:
But isn't hating it without giving a reason worth not having a pointless argument that will end in a stalemate?


yes yes Yes Yes YES

Shut up, internet cool kids. Nobody cares how much you hate CAD and nobody wants to read your walls of text and graphs and slideshows and such.

um so what are people supposed to do

"I dislike CAD"
"Why? I like it and can't see why you wouldn't"
"I just do"
"Well that's stupid, you need to have a reason"

You see what I'm getting at. Blind hate will usually 1, make you look stupid, and 2, cause more arguments that completely lack intelligence. Answering a why question with well thought-out reasoning begets discussion which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the whole purpose of a forum.

Author:  Choc-o-Lardiac Arrest [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Acekirby wrote:
um so what are people supposed to do

"I dislike CAD"
"Why? I like it and can't see why you wouldn't"
"I just do"
"Well that's stupid, you need to have a reason"

You see what I'm getting at. Blind hate will usually 1, make you look stupid, and 2, cause more arguments that completely lack intelligence. Answering a why question with well thought-out reasoning begets discussion which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the whole purpose of a forum.

First off, its not blind hate if you know why you hate it. Second, again, what noid said, We don't care if you've developed a wall of text describing every aspect of why you hate said comic, proceed to pound us out even more with graphs, then put in comparisons, a few examples of why it sucks, another graph, and a powerpoint presentation to cap it all off.

Essentially, what you'd be doing is this, when all it takes is this and this.

Author:  The Noid [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Acekirby wrote:
The Noid wrote:
Quote:
But isn't hating it without giving a reason worth not having a pointless argument that will end in a stalemate?


yes yes Yes Yes YES

Shut up, internet cool kids. Nobody cares how much you hate CAD and nobody wants to read your walls of text and graphs and slideshows and such.

um so what are people supposed to do

"I dislike CAD"
"Why? I like it and can't see why you wouldn't"
"I just do"
"Well that's stupid, you need to have a reason"

You see what I'm getting at. Blind hate will usually 1, make you look stupid, and 2, cause more arguments that completely lack intelligence. Answering a why question with well thought-out reasoning begets discussion which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the whole purpose of a forum.


But walls of text and complicated arguments will only lead to tl;dr which will lead to anger and then more arguing. So it's kind of lose-lose situation, if you look at it that way.

Author:  Acekirby [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Choc-o-Lardiac Arrest wrote:
First off, its not blind hate if you know why you hate it.

What's the point of having a reason at all if you're not going to tell anyone? If you don't provide a reason you look like you're blindly hating it.

The Noid wrote:
But walls of text and complicated arguments will only lead to tl;dr which will lead to anger and then more arguing. So it's kind of lose-lose situation, if you look at it that way.

Or we could have the alternative

"I hate such-and-such"
"That's stupid"
"You're stupid"
"Shut up"

Author:  The Noid [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Or we could just sum things up quickly and not waste time on silly stuff including this argument.

"I don't like Cad"
"Why?"
"Lazy repetitive art, overuse of text, etc."
"I understand"

Author:  Acekirby [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

The Noid wrote:
"I don't like Cad"
"Why?"
"Lazy repetitive art, overuse of text, etc."
"I understand"

You and I both know this is an unrealistic situation.

Author:  The Noid [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

If anybody keeps on pestering you about then just tell them to GTFO. Plainly staten your opinion and carry on.

Author:  Acekirby [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Well either way as long as we can all agree that CAD is a bad comic and people should feel bad about it

Author:  Capt. Ido Nos [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

See also: someone is WRONG on the INTERNET.

Author:  Dark Grapefruit [ Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Webcomics that are GOOD and not CAD- er, bad

Quote:
um so who are people supposed to do


This is the greatest day.

Page 11 of 11 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/