Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: New? Introduce yourself!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:26 am 

PlaysetsandToysBuyer wrote:
Hey, catjaz! Do you have a cat that can play jazz?

Sadly, no. I can't afford one. It appears the Feline Adoption Center does not accept Pencil Shavings as a currency.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:59 am 

Location: In the bountiful Blue Laser Thanksgiving action playset
At least the Cheat does. :cheatgrin:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:11 am 

Hello. Technically I was on this forum back since 2004 or so when I first made my HRWiki account. But a couple years back it was purged and they let me back... seems there is no more automatic account creation due to prior spammers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:43 pm 

Welcome!

Glad to see someone else returning from the depths. Looks like we can call off the Necromancer after all.

:sad: : Aww, but I had my incantation written out in iambic pentameter!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:49 pm 

So, I'm not exactly new, but I did finally figure out how to get back my old email account so I could log back on. Feels rather nice to be back on here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:54 pm 

Alright! Another old user come back to life! We seriously need someone to unlock the Off-Topic forums, especially since H*R updates so rarely...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:50 pm 

ramrod wrote:
So, I'm not exactly new, but I did finally figure out how to get back my old email account so I could log back on. Feels rather nice to be back on here.

Holy crap, it's ramrod! What brings you back to this hopeless cavern of a forum?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:19 pm 

Alright! Another old user come back to life! We seriously need someone to unlock the Off-Topic forums, especially since H*R updates so rarely...

Oh, I wish I could do that. I have no admin powers anymore. Though if they asked me, I'd love to help out again.

MichaelXX2 wrote:
ramrod wrote:

Holy crap, it's ramrod! What brings you back to this hopeless cavern of a forum?

Nostalgia, partially. I've been wanting to come back for a bit, but i couldn't remember my password for here or my old email address.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:45 pm 

Man I'd totally come back if off-subject was unlocked. H*R is dead, but the memories of the Lower Boards will live on forever.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:23 am 

Douglas wrote:
Man I'd totally come back if off-subject was unlocked. H*R is dead, but the memories of the Lower Boards will live on forever.

It's weird. I was a just a dumb kid when I originally joined this forum, I had an older account called Snailmail, I hardly ever posted, and I was incredibly awkward/obnoxious when I did post; but I still get a huge wave of nostalgia from visiting this place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:21 pm 

I totally get it. The only reason I'm so loyal here is because all the other forums I visited as a teen no longer exist, and I would love to have some non-IRL friendship bonds again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:58 pm 

Hi everybody!

So uh, you can call me Missy (Not Missy Palmer!), I'm a 25-year-old grad student living somewhere in Alabama. I used to hang out here a long time ago, and thought I'd come back and see what things were like. I've loved Homestar Runner since I was like 12, and this was one of my first internet communities. While I'm a little sad that TBC don't really update anymore, and that this place seems pretty empty, it was a lot of good memories and I wanna still hang out here on the off chance that things start happening.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:02 pm 

Freshasabagel wrote:
Hi everybody!

So uh, you can call me Missy (Not Missy Palmer!), I'm a 25-year-old grad student living somewhere in Alabama. I used to hang out here a long time ago, and thought I'd come back and see what things were like. I've loved Homestar Runner since I was like 12, and this was one of my first internet communities. While I'm a little sad that TBC don't really update anymore, and that this place seems pretty empty, it was a lot of good memories and I wanna still hang out here on the off chance that things start happening.

weclome back! this was my first internet community and i'm returning here after a long absence too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:37 am 

TwiceStyle wrote:
weclome back! this was my first internet community and i'm returning here after a long absence too

Oh hey! Weclome back, the twicest of styles!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:53 pm 

Welclome, TwiceStyle! If we see any more content and any more long time users come back, I'll have to take up my "Bring Back the Off Topic Forum" soap box and poster board. We could seriously bring some life back to this place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:36 am 

Douglas wrote:

Not sure how many people remember the Star Wars parody stories. This was maybe early 2005, where someone substituted the usernames of some of the posters (on a discretionary volunteer basis). I was there at the origin of AAAARRRGGGBLBL and "You got served up something fierce".

If we see any more content and any more long time users come back, I'll have to take up my "Bring Back the Off Topic Forum" soap box and poster board. We could seriously bring some life back to this place.

I lurk every so often, and usually after updates. I log on and post probably twice a year. Thing is, what you say may actually have some merit, at least with me. I tend to do best with a smaller, tight-knit community where you know a smaller number of people, more deeply, than a bigger community where you know everyone a little bit. If in a large group of people in a social setting, over time I start to single out one or two people (eventually just one) and have a more one-on-one chat.

Freshasabagel wrote:
I used to hang out here a long time ago, and thought I'd come back and see what things were like. I've loved Homestar Runner since I was like 12, and this was one of my first internet communities. While I'm a little sad that TBC don't really update anymore, and that this place seems pretty empty, it was a lot of good memories and I wanna still hang out here on the off chance that things start happening.

Kind of curious, what was your old username?
As fate had it, two months after your post there was a new Strong Bad Email.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:39 pm 

Hey what's up everybody, when's the new Homestar Runner content coming out? I hear they're introducing a new character called The Flash and killing him off instantly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:30 pm 

I'm Cyan. You call me either Syan or Cyan though. Don't tell Strong Bad this but I like Homestar more. :cheatgrin:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21