Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:25 am 
Pizza Pizza

FogJuice wrote:
Do you honestly think we'd have any interest in the Middle East if it wasn't the WORLD'S STOCKPILE of OIL?

Go back in history to the days before 1938, before oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia. Tell me what interest we had in the Middle East (outside of Israel) back then?

Honestly, yes I do..
First, there's Israel, a country that a lot of people want wiped off the map. Their crime? Existing. They claim it's about Israel taking land from the Palestinians, but if they were the case, you'd think Syria or Egypt would give the Palestinians some of the land they took from Israel.

Secondly, the Middle East seems to be a leading supplier of terrorists who wish to wipe out anything the least bit liberal, secular, or otherwise non-facist. (Of course, they claim they are mad at the US because our foreign policy, politicians, stance on Israel, etc, but that's about as believable as anything you hear from Limbaugh)

You are right, though, to most, the Middle East wasn't viewed as much more than an endless supply of sand until the 30's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:38 pm 

I think if we're bringing up "Blood for Oil" we need to bring up a personal favorite "Bush Lied, People Died". I just love it how much this phrase gets thrown around without any supporting evidence. When did Bush lie? Can anyone tell me? The invasion was based on faulty intelligence, and it definitely could have been executed better, but if Bush lied, then so did Clinton and a host of other Democrats 3-4 years before the Iraq war who stated that Saddam Hussein was a grave threat to world stability and therefore should be removed from power. If Clinton had gone into Iraq, he would have been praised a hero, and liberals everywhere would be giving him a gentle pat on the back when no WMDs were discovered, saying "It's not your fault".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2