Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Should the Presidential Primaries be held regionally?
Poll ended at Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:11 pm
Yes! 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
No! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pfargtl! 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Primary Leapfrog: Should We Go Regional?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:11 pm 

According to a story posted earlier today on MSNBC, Michigan might be close to a deal to move its Presidential primary election date up to January 15th. If that comes to pass, then it is very possible that the first selection of delegates for both parties' conventions will come in December 2007 (Iowa).

IMO, even before this story broke, this has become a ridiculous process and reached extremes of ridiculocity that are not only mind-numbing but also bad for the country -- so mind-numbing in fact that it makes me make up words. :) I can understand states wanting more of a say in who becomes a party's nominee. I have experienced this for myself being a long-time resident of California where our June primaries have meant zilch for my entire voting life. But, to have everybody pile on in January and February for a General Election that's not until November...sheesh!

I have seen various plans to change this mess and hold the primaries on some kind of regional basis. I even made up one myself which will of course be ignored by leaders of both parties once I get out my crayons and write it out for them.

So, what do you think? And, if inclined, please comment about this and state your usual party affiliation. I am interested to see if this is a non-partisan issue or not.

My vote is "Yes," and I usually vote Democratic.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]