Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Homosexual Thread AKA The Gay Agenda
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:14 am 

sci-fi greg wrote:
Me, Magna, Funk, HHFOV, Jesty, Chekt, Mandy, Myrrh, Checkot, TeeFee, and Rammstein.

If you count people who have left.

You forgot soce and Gidley.

and poland

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:16 am 

Einoo T. Spork wrote:
sci-fi greg wrote:
Me, Magna, Funk, HHFOV, Jesty, Chekt, Mandy, Myrrh, Checkot, TeeFee, and Rammstein.

If you count people who have left.

You forgot soce and Gidley.

and poland
TwistedIctus and Rosalie. Check that, Rosalie was beyond gay. It was a freaking trans.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:19 am 

Are you sure about all those people? Funk used to be a gay-basher, but now he's not, but I'm still quite certain he isn't gay. I think Myrrh 'came out' once, but then she 'came back in' or something and said she isn't gay anymore. Same with Mandy, I think, and I know she at least has a boyfriend. And a couple people on that list are probably too young to be able to tell anyways, but whatever.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:13 am 

I swear I remember Funk saying the words "I am openly bi, with a leaning towards the girls." but I can't find it. hmm.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:04 am 

Jesty's gay?

Consider my mind blown.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:49 am 

I'm not gay, and don't really consider myself bi, but I'm definitely not 100% straight.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:17 am 

The recent marriage decision just makes me think how cool it would be if California just seceded from the US. So much more would get done if it wasn't for that whole rest of the country.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:49 am 

Haha. We have a thread for that. The general consensus is "that's an incredibly stupid question".

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:59 pm 

Mikes! wrote:
The recent marriage decision just makes me think how cool it would be if California just seceded from the US.

Umm... I don't even see the connection between these two ideas.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:12 pm 

Lunar Jesty wrote:
Maybe not, but I think it's not entirely improbable that you'd be kicked out if the scoutmaster saw you kissing someone of the same sex, or if you had your partner come meet you after a meeting.

I was writing a livejournal entry here but decided against it, but I'm a gay guy who's out to nearly no one.

True. True. And if you were married to someone of the same sex and they found out you'd have the potential of being kicked out. THAT'S bad. It depends on the group, too. My dad runs a scout group, though, and doesn't judge the kids if they're gay/bi thankfully.

mikes! wrote:
The recent marriage decision just makes me think how cool it would be if California just seceded from the US. So much more would get done if it wasn't for that whole rest of the country.

hahaha, yeah...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:23 pm 

I'm pretty much with SR here. Conservative-ish (actually Centrist) Christian, but it's not my place to judge anyone.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:39 pm 

It kinda depends for me. Personally I'm straight, and homosexual is a sin in my religion, but I guess for people outside my religion, I'm more okay with it because they aren't under the same rules as me, and God gave all of us free will, so it's no one's right, Christian or not, to force our rules on other people. But gay people within the church? Now, having them come to Christ is great, and I have no problems against that, but they have to realize what they're doing is sinful. Just like any other sin, you can't go to God without turning your life around. That's where I draw the line when it comes to gays. That, and when I see another man trying to check me out. :eek:

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:41 pm 

Jimmie wrote:
It kinda depends for me. Personally I'm straight, and homosexual is a sin in my religion, but I guess for people outside my religion, I'm more okay with it because they aren't under the same rules as me, and God gave all of us free will, so it's no one's right, Christian or not, to force our rules on other people. But gay people within the church? Now, having them come to Christ is great, and I have no problems against that, but they have to realize what they're doing is sinful. Just like any other sin, you can't go to God without turning your life around. That's where I draw the line when it comes to gays. That, and when I see another man trying to check me out. :eek:

That's like saying, "I don't care if people outside my church have blue eyes, but I draw the line when they try to join my religion." It's not a choice, that's a common misconception. It's the same as declaring male-pattern baldness a sin.

I agree with you on the checkin' me out thing, though. I mean, I know I'm smokin hot and all, but I just don't swing that way. Sorry. :eekdance:

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:43 pm 

Jimmie wrote:
It kinda depends for me. Personally I'm straight, and homosexual is a sin in my religion, but I guess for people outside my religion, I'm more okay with it because they aren't under the same rules as me, and God gave all of us free will, so it's no one's right, Christian or not, to force our rules on other people. But gay people within the church? Now, having them come to Christ is great, and I have no problems against that, but they have to realize what they're doing is sinful. Just like any other sin, you can't go to God without turning your life around. That's where I draw the line when it comes to gays.

What do you do in order to "draw the line"? Do you tell them they cannot be a part of your Religion, or something else?

Jimmie wrote:
That, and when I see another man trying to check me out. :eek:

What do you do in this situation too? Are you disgusted? Do you ignore them, or do you say something? Does this happen often? Do you hate it when people you're not attracted to check you out even of the opposite gender?

Jitka wrote:
I agree with you on the checkin' me out thing, though. I mean, I know I'm smokin hot and all, but I just don't swing that way. Sorry. :eekdance:

Deal with it. We're all checking you out.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:09 pm 

Jitka wrote:
Jimmie wrote:

That's like saying, "I don't care if people outside my church have blue eyes, but I draw the line when they try to join my religion." It's not a choice, that's a common misconception. It's the same as declaring male-pattern baldness a sin.

No such thing as a gay gene, dude. I could see homosexuality as something hard to turn around (again, just like any other sin), but I'm sure it's possible. Let me show you something.

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV) wrote:
Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
That's just one example in the Bible; there's more too. Homosexuality IS a sin, dude. It's just up to the people whether or not to obey God, it just depends on if they see Him as THEIR God or not. If they don't, they'll just have to deal with the consequences. That's kind of the beauty of free will: Are going to live for now, or for what's ahead? Neither way is perfect and they both have hardships, but ultimately it's the person's decision, whether it's the churchiest Christian or, of course, a gay guy. What I was saying is that all the gay person needs to do if s/he wants to really be Christian is to choose God over their sin and follow through with that with their life.

Also, you missed the part about where I draw the line. If a gay person joins the religion, fine. Just because you're Christian doesn't mean it's impossible to sin. It's that sooner or later, they need to change their ways.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:15 pm 

Quote:
No such thing as a gay gene, dude. I could see homosexuality as something hard to turn around (again, just like any other sin), but I'm sure it's possible. Let me show you something.

:|

In the "homosexuality is a sin" part: I'm pretty sure this is incredibly overused and may not be true but isn't cutting your hair a sin/was once considered a sin?

That's funny, my old barber is gay. That means he's like Lucifer or something.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:24 pm 

Jimmie wrote:
No such thing as a gay gene, dude.

Says who? You can find homosexuality in nature, therefore how can it not be natural? Or is sexuality in general an unnatural thing and always by choice?

Jimmie wrote:
Leviticus 18:22 (NIV) wrote:
Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Bible passages, eh? Let's have some fun, shall we? Just to name a few:

Lots of seafood is a sin:
(Lev. 11:11-12) "Everything in the waters that has not fins and scales is an abomination to you; of their flesh you shall not eat."

Make sure to do animal sacrifices:
(Lev. 1:13) "And the priest shall burn (the goat) on the altar, a pleasing odor to the Lord."

(Lev. 4:27-29) "If any one of the common people sins, he shall bring for (the Lord's) offering a goat ... and he shall kill (the goat)."

And shun the diseased:
(Lev. 13:45) "The leper who has the disease shall cover his upper lip and cry 'Unclean!'"

Oh, and shun women on their period:
(Lev. 15:19) "When a woman has regular discharge from her body, she shall be unclean for seven days and whoever touches her shall be unclean."

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:26 pm 

B-B-B-BURN

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:28 pm 

The Noid wrote:
B-B-B-BURN

We're all going to Hell, according to Leviticus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviticus

Among its many prohibitions, the book uses the word "abomination" 16 times, including dietary restrictions prohibiting shellfish, certain fowl, and "Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination"(chapter 11);

Last edited by TheFacelessEvil on Thu May 22, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:31 pm 

The Noid wrote:
In the "homosexuality is a sin" part: I'm pretty sure this is incredibly overused and may not be true but isn't cutting your hair a sin/was once considered a sin?
I think you're thinking of Samson, who was part of a special order, the Nazirites, who made several vows to God and in return were granted supernatural powers. One of these vows was not cutting your hair. It wasn't something everyone was expected to do.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:33 pm 

Jimmie wrote:
No such thing as a gay gene, dude.

Clearly there is. Twin studies have been performed, and in 50% of cases, both twins would be gay, even if they were separated since birth. A modification on a fruit fly gene shared with humans made male flies exclusively court male flies. See the well-referenced Wikipedia article.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:36 pm 

TheFacelessEvil wrote:
Jimmie wrote:
It kinda depends for me. Personally I'm straight, and homosexual is a sin in my religion, but I guess for people outside my religion, I'm more okay with it because they aren't under the same rules as me, and God gave all of us free will, so it's no one's right, Christian or not, to force our rules on other people. But gay people within the church? Now, having them come to Christ is great, and I have no problems against that, but they have to realize what they're doing is sinful. Just like any other sin, you can't go to God without turning your life around. That's where I draw the line when it comes to gays.

What do you do in order to "draw the line"? Do you tell them they cannot be a part of your Religion, or something else?

Jimmie wrote:
That, and when I see another man trying to check me out. :eek:

What do you do in this situation too? Are you disgusted? Do you ignore them, or do you say something? Does this happen often? Do you hate it when people you're not attracted to check you out even of the opposite gender?

Jitka wrote:

Deal with it. We're all checking you out.

Honestly, I'm not completely sure if I've come face to face with a gay person in my life, though after 15 years of living, I probably have. But if I was in a situation where a saw a gay person trying to be a Christian and Ihad the courage to speak out about it, I'd tell them that it's okay to come to Christ, because people do that when they've been sinful; that's the first major step of being redeemed. But I'd also saythat after they turn to God, they need to turn away from their sin to stay with God. You can't wrong a friend of yours, ask forgiveness, then keep doing the same thing again. That's just not how relationships work, and Christianity is all about having a good relationship with God.

As for my reaction if I saw a gay guy checking me out? Well, again, I don't think I've seen another guy do that, but I'm sure I'd be disgusted. And if someone of opposite sex is hitting on me but I don't like them back, I don't usually make a fuss over it. If they aren't creeping me out, then they can on me if they want, so long as they don't go to far with it. That's really a difderent issue because heterosexuality and homosexualitg are two different things. But if a guy was asking me out or overalk being disgustingly gay to me, yeah, I'd definitely be creeped out. I'd probably run, probably over to my crush Sonia so I can hit on her and make gayness leave my mind, then get beaten up by her boyfriend. :( Ah well, at least it would help me forget.

As for what you said NOW, TFE, the thing is people can be forgiven. According to Leviticus, yeah we're screwed, but according to Roman's, the law was made intentionally so we would screw up and turn to Jesus. I don't remember the exact passage, but I did read once and I remember it was really interesting and worth checking out for any Christian.

And as for the animal sacrifices thing...That was over with when God's son made the ultimate sacrifice. Yeah, that one extremely important bit right there.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:42 pm 

I can't say much. At 15 I was a hardcore Catholic, deep in my faith, and nobody could shake me no matter what. So I won't argue with you regarding your Religion(no matter what the hypocrisies) and your beliefs, but I will say this:

Homosexuality is in nature. It is genetic, it is not a choice. This has been proven. Whether it's a sin or not is up to your Religion, as lots of things in nature apparently are a sin. I think it was you can think thoughts but not act, was the main key? But regardless, you can't deny the genetics - That's solid.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:47 pm 

Bible fight!
TheFacelessEvil wrote:
The Noid wrote:
B-B-B-BURN

We're all going to Hell, according to Leviticus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviticus

Among its many prohibitions, the book uses the word "abomination" 16 times, including dietary restrictions prohibiting shellfish, certain fowl, and "Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination"(chapter 11);
Acts chapter 10 verses 9-16, KJV wrote:
9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew night unto the city, Peter went up upon the house top to pray about the sixth hour: 10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, 11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beats, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter, kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:54 pm 

Ingiald wrote:
Bible fight!

9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew night unto the city, Peter went up upon the house top to pray about the sixth hour: 10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, 11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beats, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter, kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Well, I'm sure if you believed in the KJV, this would be great news. But unfortunately...

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:55 pm 

Jimmie wrote:
Honestly, I'm not completely sure if I've come face to face with a gay person in my life, though after 15 years of living, I probably have. But if I was in a situation where a saw a gay person trying to be a Christian and I had the courage to speak out about it, I'd tell them that it's okay to come to Christ, because people do that when they've been sinful; that's the first major step of being redeemed. But I'd also say that after they turn to God, they need to turn away from their sin to stay with God. You can't wrong a friend of yours, ask forgiveness, then keep doing the same thing again. That's just not how relationships work, and Christianity is all about having a good relationship with God.
Hey Jimmie, I have a cousin who is gay and a devout Lutheran and he doesn't feel he has sinned or is in need of redemption.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:57 pm 

Beyond the Grave wrote:
Hey Jimmie, I have a cousin who is gay and a devout Lutheran and he doesn't feel he has sinned or is in need of redemption.

It doesn't work that way.
I have a Methodist Church in my neighborhood that has a gay pride flag on it, what should I tell them?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:11 pm 

TheFacelessEvil wrote:
Ingiald wrote:
Bible fight!

Well, I'm sure if you believed in the KJV, this would be great news. But unfortunately...
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I could get another translation if you want, I'm pretty sure they all say pretty much the same thing. Unless you're trying to say that the argument doesn't apply for Jews, which doesn't really apply since most of them still follow that rule as far as I'm aware.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:13 pm 

Ingiald wrote:
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I could get another translation if you want, I'm pretty sure they all say pretty much the same thing. Unless you're trying to say that the argument doesn't apply for Jews, which doesn't really apply since most of them still follow that rule as far as I'm aware.

Yup, Jews. Doesn't matter if they follow that rule or not, they shouldn't if it's in the New Testament(since it's Peter, I'm assuming it's NT) because they aren't supposed to believe in that. Orthodox Jews have no problem following the rules - Why wouldn't others? Hm?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:15 pm 

I meant most of them still follow the rule in Leviticus. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next