Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:18 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Hillary or Barack?
Hillary Clinton 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Barack Obama 63%  63%  [ 42 ]
Neither 33%  33%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 67
Author Message
 Post subject: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 866
Location: SIBHoDC
Which do you like better? Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton? I say BARACK!! He's awesome.

_________________
Image
THE FORUM HAS MOVED HERE COME JOIN US!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:00 am
Posts: 3849
Location: Best Coast
If I had to choose only between those two, it'd be Obama by a long shot. I actually don't agree with a lot of his things (at least, not any more than Hilary), but he's just better for more reasons than I can list. But I almost want him to lose because he'll be harder to beat in November.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
Hillary just seems like a jerky person to me. You don't go and cry if you don't win a state, you give it your best and make sure nobody else gets any states.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:37 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Obama's better, but I say "Neither" due to RON PAUL

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 48
John McCain...because he`s a white man. ;- )


No, really Barack, but not just because he`s black. He seems fit to be a good president. People should learn to not judge this election on ethnicity or sex, but rather for their actual political standpoint and how they decide to tackle current issues.

_________________
Please click!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:18 pm
Posts: 2150
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Stevezor wrote:
John McCain...because he`s a white man. ;- )


No, really Barack, but not just because he`s black. He seems fit to be a good president. People should learn to not judge this election on ethnicity or sex, but rather for their actual political standpoint and how they decide to tackle current issues.

Also, people should learn not to judge by religious practices as well.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 528
Location: A white, cushioned room where I am all alone...
Thank God Mitt didn't have to deal with that. Seriously, anyone who discriminated against him for being a Mormon is too lazy to vote.

(Please note, I wouldn't vote for Mitt at all, anyway. He did come off to me as a big supporter of the religious right. I disagree with that, a lot.)

And I like Obama. He seems a bit more honest than most candidates, and I like his stance on the environment, gay marriage, and abortion. His gun control isn't too bad either.

_________________
GENGHIS KHAN!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:34 pm 
Offline
Pizza Pizza
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:05 pm
Posts: 10451
Location: probably the penalty box
Neither.
McCain all the way.

However, I do smell what Barrack is cookin'.

Why is this thread separate from the Election thread?

_________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:33 pm
Posts: 3531
Location: Comes in colour in the air oh everywhere
I think this is a thread for the democratic candidates…

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:22 pm
Posts: 3920
Location: Aiding The Glorious Robot Union.
Yeah, you left those of us who are Republicans out in the cold here. I choose neither. No matter what.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:18 pm
Posts: 2150
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Rogue Leader wrote:
Thank God Mitt didn't have to deal with that. Seriously, anyone who discriminated against him for being a Mormon is too lazy to vote.


I guess that's quite a few people then eh'? I mean, all the news channels, political blogs, etc. all stated that it was a run to see who is the most conservative, and most said that Romney was the most conservative. Yet, he was still suckin' it up in the polls. If it was/is really about being the most conservative, everyone knows, it was/is Mitt.

So its either not really all about being conservative or they're scared of the fact he's Mormon.

I'm going to say no more.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 4127
Location: Tangled up on a Twister mat
While I definitely do not keep up with anything political (unless I have to do a Civics class in school again, which I thankfully don't), I'll have to say Barrack Obama.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:22 pm
Posts: 3920
Location: Aiding The Glorious Robot Union.
Question for Cheatachu: What's so awesome about Obama? He has no experience in politics. At least Hillary was a senator!

So, what makes Obama so "awesome" in your opinion?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 4:58 pm
Posts: 5045
Location: Imagining all the people living life in peace.
AbuGrape45 wrote:
What's so awesome about Obama? He has no experience in politics.

You're answering your own question.

_________________
So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
MooKoo wrote:

So its either not really all about being conservative or they're scared of the fact he's Mormon.



That's pretty stupid, if you ask me. I've never even heard of a person who's afraid of a Mormon.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:22 pm
Posts: 3920
Location: Aiding The Glorious Robot Union.
Einoo T. Spork wrote:
AbuGrape45 wrote:
What's so awesome about Obama? He has no experience in politics.

You're answering your own question.

Oh wow.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:26 am
Posts: 3828
Location: I've seen this kind of Pikachu before.
Obama.

I really don't see what the big deal is with experience - I think that what the person is actually going to do is what counts.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:59 pm
Posts: 1977
Location: In your pantry. Good cookies by the way.
Neither. Clinton just goes with the flow of the crowd. Not the way a president should act. And I don't agree with many of her opinions.

Obama's views on everything are contrary to mine. He basically supports gay marriage, while I, as a Christian, believe that gay marriage is wrong. He wants to remove our troops from Iraq; I think that since we've gotten in there, we'd do a lot more damage by getting out. Those are the main issues I disagree with him on. I'm sure there's plenty others.

As for the candidates that I do agree with, there are only two (now one): Mitt Romney, and Huckabee. Romney is now out; even if he had stayed in, and I could vote, and it came down to Huckabee and Romney, I would vote Huckabee. Mainly because Romney is a Mormon, and his religious views are considerably different from mine.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:37 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
STupendous7 wrote:
I would vote Huckabee. Mainly because Romney is a Mormon, and his religious views are considerably different from mine.
Rogue Leader wrote:
Thank God Mitt didn't have to deal with that. Seriously, anyone who discriminated against him for being a Mormon is too lazy to vote.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:18 pm
Posts: 2150
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
The Noid wrote:
MooKoo wrote:

So its either not really all about being conservative or they're scared of the fact he's Mormon.



That's pretty stupid, if you ask me. I've never even heard of a person who's afraid of a Mormon.

Its not really that they're scared, its because he's different. Its nothing new though, its been this way since the beginning of the church.
STupendous7 wrote:
As for the candidates that I do agree with, there are only two (now one): Mitt Romney, and Huckabee. Romney is now out; even if he had stayed in, and I could vote, and it came down to Huckabee and Romney, I would vote Huckabee. Mainly because Romney is a Mormon, and his religious views are considerably different from mine.

I rest my case.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:26 am
Posts: 3828
Location: I've seen this kind of Pikachu before.
Lol, BE CAREFUL GUYS, DON'T BE OPEN MINDED

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:57 am
Posts: 2981
Location: Oklahoma City
STupendous7 wrote:
Obama's views on everything are contrary to mine. He basically supports gay marriage, while I, as a Christian, believe that gay marriage is wrong.


If you ask me, that shouldn't matter. The First Amendment clearly defines a separation between church and state. Famously, it doesn't actually use those exact words, but the clause against establishment of religion makes it pretty clear. The government has no business with marriage in the first place and I think it should be abolished from the law completely. (I don't mean that we should ban marriage, but rather legal recognition of it.) That proposal is much too radical for any candidates to dare to endorse it, though, especially since the public would probably misunderstand the proposal. Plenty of similar epic misunderstandings have happened in the past. (For instance, the law that passed in 2006 that "bans" online gambling barely did anything, and yet the whole online gaming industry here dried up because of it...)

Moreover, I never liked the "X is wrong, so X should be illegal" mentality, and I always argue vociferously against it. We are not a Christian nation; you cannot apply Christian laws to all of us. You should be striving for laws that are best for everybody, not laws that are best for you and screw over everybody else.

As for a political candidate's religious views: can anybody tell me why they even matter? Whether a candidate is the most devout of Christians or the most fanatical atheist is of no importance to me as long as they don't try to put their religion into the law, which they should not be doing in the first place. Now, Huckabee does want to put his religion into the law -- in fact, into the Constitution -- and that bothers me...

- Kef

_________________
404 sig not found


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:26 am
Posts: 3828
Location: I've seen this kind of Pikachu before.
Oh my god, Kef, I love you so much.

Anyone who tries to interfere with someone's personal life because of their personal beliefs are just ridiculous. You can't control someone else's life because you think what they do is wrong.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:10 pm
Posts: 3999
Location: Sims 2
Obama. Here's why:

Hillary is way too robotic and arrogant.
To be honest, I am a bit tired of a Republican in the White House. It would be a good 4 years off for that to blow over.
Obama is a new Senator (I should know, I am from Illinois), but his inexperience means he's less likely to be corrupt at this moment in time. Plus, his inexperience, while giving him less knowledge of how things work, doubles as a hope beacon for many Americans.
Early on in the campaign, the press got knowledge of him not paying parking tickets in college, which he promptly paid without trying to weasel out of it.

But if a Democrat does get into office, either Obama or Hillary, they're also going to have to make a good impression so future presidents of the same race and gender may happen.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 528
Location: A white, cushioned room where I am all alone...
STupendous7 wrote:
Mainly because Romney is a Mormon, and his religious views are considerably different from mine.


Just when I get my faith back in humanity just a bit, man. Just a bit.

_________________
GENGHIS KHAN!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:33 pm
Posts: 3531
Location: Comes in colour in the air oh everywhere
AbuGrape45 wrote:
Yeah, you left those of us who are Republicans out in the cold here. I choose neither. No matter what.
That's not what I meant. You can create your own thread for Republicans.

Maybe the title should be "Best Democratic Candidate".

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
furrykef wrote:
the greatest thing ever


I'm voting for you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:57 am
Posts: 2981
Location: Oklahoma City
I'm not saying anything different from what I've said before. :P

_________________
404 sig not found


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:22 pm
Posts: 3920
Location: Aiding The Glorious Robot Union.
ChickenLeg wrote:
To be honest, I am a bit tired of a Republican in the White House.

This is the only comment I didn't understand.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Obama or Clinton?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: for I am an engine and I'm rolling on
AbuGrape45 wrote:
ChickenLeg wrote:
To be honest, I am a bit tired of a Republican in the White House.

This is the only comment I didn't understand.

What isn't there to understand?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group