Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Can (a Christian) God Be?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:02 am 

evin290 wrote:
Actually the story of Sodom and Gammorah was made to teach the lesson that "even God makes mistakes." This is what I was taught in Hebrew School being Jewish myself, but I realize that Judaism is really just the predecessor to Christianity, namely the Old Testament.

Are you sure you didn't fall asleep in class that day or something? I, too, have studied that passage in Hebrew. It says nothing about God going, "OOPS!" He had deliberate reasons for destroying Sodom and Gomorrah, specifically because of their violence and hatred (of which their "sodomy" was but one more instance). God did not make a mistake, anymore than the US made a mistake when it went to war against that really mean German guy whose name you're not supposed to mention in forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:42 am 

basically the question is why has suffering continued down to our day.

2 part answer:
1. 2 Pet 3:9 God gives us a chance to come to him

2. Gen 3, and Job. Satan wants control of the world and God has let time go by to show what Satan's system would do.

also it is quite interesting to me how different sci fantasy writers have tackled this, ie for some reason the good One created the earth good and his evil little brother got in somehow and messed everything up, but he cant step in for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:06 am 

Sorry, Jones, if this sounds redundant, but he did it for reasons we won't know until we meet Him in heaven someday. I think then He will tell us why. He did it for a reason we can't comprehend, perhaps, but He is perfect and incapable of making mistakes, so for whatever reason it was, it was the best thing to do. I know I sound like a big religious moron, but that's the only way I have to answer your question. Hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:56 pm 

Matthew 14:30 wrote:
Let the wheat & the weeds grow together.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10