Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:46 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:36 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Inside the Chinese Food Container, StrongBadia
Evang wrote:
I liked Homestar's tweezersizing XD


Same, same... XD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:57 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Burnination
It had something diffrent about it...

Like a new type of email breed that I just can't put my finger on...

Anyone else feel that way?

_________________
Don't Touch that Hurdle!
Don't Touch that Turtle!
Don't Touch that Curtle...d milk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:22 am
Posts: 5894
Location: SIBHoDC
One of the best recent ones, definitely better than pop-up book.

I loved the cartoon panels.

_________________
beep beep I'm a Jeep


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Ridin' the Jackalope Train to Santa Fe.
It DID feel different...A lot less typing, first of all. Not as many inside references, and I feel it may be the birth of Homestar Tweezersize videos.

:hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :homsar: / :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:13 pm
Posts: 29
Location: In a bulding....
I personally loved it! I really liked the PYROTECHINCS part!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 2507
I wanted to laugh throughout the whole thing, but I couldn't. Something just doesn't seem right. It's like individually the jokes and gags are ok, but they just don't piece together. Think about pizza and chocolate.

One example of a mismatch is the Marzipan scene. Strong Bad setting things ablaze calls for one of his sharp comebacks, not him screaming at the top of his lungs.

In addition to the jokes not fitting together, the scenes just don't seem to add up. It jumps from one concept to the next with very little to do with the one before.

Basicly, this email shows a lack of comedic focus in my opinion. But, that's all this is, one man's opinion. I could be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:12 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: In Denial. LOLcation: G3G' ttfn1!
Eh. The only thing I really laughed at was the "Loose Weight" deal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 am
Posts: 2044
Location: yep
Man.

You people are pretty negative, aren't you? :p

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:35 pm
Posts: 3094
I loved it!

5/5


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:34 am
Posts: 3515
Location: where
I liked this one. I really hate soap opera comics, so this made me laugh. The thing with the turtle was in reference to the sunday edition of the nature soap opera comic "mark trail".

No dumb rating scale for me!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:28 am
Posts: 124
Location: Cornwall, Ontario, Canada (My name is pronouced Kaypheus)
1. The intro song was funny
2. I think they reused the scene from "Where the crap did I leave Strong Sad"
3. PROTECHNICS!!! (need to check the spelling on that one... later)
4. OH NO!! The paper was replaced... for the moment
5. Ummmm the email does not appear on my computer sbemail list...why?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:18 am
Posts: 682
Location: Don't look behind you.
It was ok. I've seen better. Didn't like the bit with Marzipan much, although... another BMW lighter reference!! Otherwise, only ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:01 am
Posts: 19
Location: Fontana,CA
we should do some kinda celebration in honor of thre BMW's 10th appearance.

_________________
"Keep it up, little boy..." -Stevie Wonder


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:01 am
Posts: 6245
I didn't really like it much. At all. The intro was okay, but all in al, it was a dissapointment this week.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:39 am
Posts: 495
Location: The world is ours to follow! (In the bandwagon of course)
Homerun Starrer wrote:
Man.

You people are pretty negative, aren't you? :p


I know what you mean. I loved it! You add Homestar being his random, annoying self, the cheat getting stuffed in the dryer, Strong Bad shown as patheticly out of shape, and PYROTECHNICS!, and you get a pretty good e-mail.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 am
Posts: 5581
Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Cephas wrote:
1. The intro song was funny
2. I think they reused the scene from "Where the crap did I leave Strong Sad"
3. PROTECHNICS!!! (need to check the spelling on that one... later)
4. OH NO!! The paper was replaced... for the moment
5. Ummmm the email does not appear on my computer sbemail list...why?


About the fifth one: It's probably because your computer stores information in a cache.

_________________
You look like you need a hug.
*hug*
There, now don't you feel better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:25 am
Posts: 4266
Location: Blowing my brains out through my nose
Well, twas okay. It didn't really excite me too much. The fluffy The Cheat was chucklish, but the comic strips and Homestar exercising were annoying. Plus, it seemed a bit like Lady... ing.

_________________
No, I lied. I'm never going to have a good sig. So just forget about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:51 pm
Posts: 507
Location: Somewhere else
Meh, I'm kinda neutral to this one... There are better emails, but there are certainly worse ones... This is one of those mid-rangers. Nothing particularly jumped out at me this time.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:38 pm
Posts: 46
Location: At the final days.
--

_________________
Image


Last edited by Prophet on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 5441
Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
DorianGray wrote:
Meh, I'm kinda neutral to this one... There are better emails, but there are certainly worse ones... This is one of those mid-rangers. Nothing particularly jumped out at me this time.


I'll go with you on this one. It was a funny as thinks go, but more of a heh, thats clever! sort of humor that doesn't neccesarily illicit laughter. I did however, love seeing the cheat in the dryer again.

Anyone notice how this is the second time in recent emails where they've gone back to use old scenes/gags (ie, cheat in the dryer, gnawing on something; the gym beamer)?

PYROTECHNICS!!! :trogdor:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:14 am
Posts: 6
Location: Location? Right behind you! (jumps out window while your back is turned)
Not bad, not bad. The pyrotecnics thing made me laugh out loud, and Mary Worth and Judge Parker definetely deserve to be made fun of. rather short though. has anybody else noticed that were creeping dangerously close to the 150th sbemail?

_________________
So until next time, ain't nobody dope as me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 1:31 am
Posts: 270
Location: The Desert of Cyberland
I liked little isolated parts of the email. The Cheat in the Dryer is always fun to see, and I secretly cackled at Marzipan getting torched (she did deserve it after 'snip-sniparooskies.)

What scares me is that last week I was doodling in my notebook during lecture and I came up with a Homestar wearing leg-warmers. ESP alert! :eek:

But other than that, no, I didn't really think it was very funny.

_________________
~*The Only Thing to Do is Jump Over the Moon*~


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 am
Posts: 14278
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
I digged the Cheat in the dryer. 7.5/10

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 4:58 pm
Posts: 5045
Location: Imagining all the people living life in peace.
I loved the "soap opera strip" thing.

"SEA TURTLES EAT A WIDE VARIETY OF FOODS."

Also, Homestar was funny. Marzipan's "horse's tweez" comment was mildly amusing, as was "drop her like a Trig class" and most of the other stuffs.

And yes, the "Cheat in the dryer" thing was totally lifted from "2 years".

_________________
So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:46 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Your face. Level: a milliontey seven.
The Cheat in the dryer? Awww. Girls really do like Fluffy The Cheat. AND we got to see Homestar wearing leg warmers.

7/10

_________________
| ¶w/\/ u® ƒ@¢£ øƒf!1!11!!!1!11!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Somewhere near the top of Strong Bad's computer
Thunderbird L18 wrote:
That was okay. The Cheat in the Dryer and Marzipan scenes were the best parts. Plus the printer was seen again! All in all, not too bad, and one step closer to 150!


I'm with you on that regard. Yep, we're that much closer to the 150 mark! Won't be long now and #173 might just creep up on us. Oh, how I wish the montage prediction would simply vanish. The 'pseudocharacter' of whom I represent might as well be considered obsolete at this point. Nevertheless, I still confide in old technology. "Smell that purple ink!"

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:37 am
Posts: 234
Location: In your garbage, having a look for any incriminating evidence.
it was OK, but I miss homsar, when will he come back?
:homsar: :homsar: "Let's sing a song of pennzoil"

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:01 am
Posts: 2359
Location: LV-426
Somm-1 wrote:
but they just don't piece together. Think about pizza and chocolate.

it's been done. i remember pizza hut's 'easter stuffed crust' one year. [shudder]

that printer. it makes me feel happy in a way to know that it's there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:42 pm
Posts: 1025
It was okay. I rate it 7/10. It's only getting this high of score because of fluffy The Cheat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:53 am
Posts: 457
Location: Holland!
I liked it. Not one of the best emails, but I had a good time watching it :)

Isn't the beat you hear while Homestar is dancing/working out from 'I think I have a chance with this guy'?

_________________
In case you think this is interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group