Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:38 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:49 pm
Posts: 737
Location: Hot Topic. (I made you say...Jimmy Dean!)
Wow. This is stupid and hilarious all at the same time. I laughed hard at the leotard jokes! :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:53 am
Posts: 2217
Location: Australia
barwhack wrote:
Jenga_Jam wrote:
DNA Evidence Theory:

As SBemail 173 is (almost) upon us, The Paper will soon be killed... or destroyed... or something. Subsequently, the "DNA Evidence" will be recovered. It will turn out to be a piece of The Paper. They will use it to clone The Paper, thus bringing it back (but not Before Strong Bad tries an inkjet for a couple of weeks).


Yea, I could buy this. Some folks are tiring of the "DNA evidence" motif, I've noticed, but I like it. I haven't seen them foreshadow so much for ANYTHING else -- except The Paper's Demise. I think you're right, it does have to do with TP.

The only problem: it's STRONG BAD what messed with the evidence. Why would SB kill the paper or cover up his murder/maiming? Even so, I think the SBEmail173/DNA evidence connection seems attractive, but I can't (yet) see how it will be made. Anyone else have ideas?

Maybe it's not related to Email #173 at all. I still think they're foreshadowing, because that's the only explanation that makes sense at this point, but they could be foreshadowing anything.

I kind of hope it's the point and click game Matt Chapman spoke of in October. When's that coming out?

_________________
"Explain to me how drowning them would not ruin their date."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 173 and DNA?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:25 pm
Posts: 1930
Location: Inside of a shirt,underwear,pants,shoes and under a hat
barwhack wrote:
The only problem: it's STRONG BAD what messed with the evidence. Why would SB kill the paper or cover up his murder/maiming? Even so, I think the SBEmail173/DNA evidence connection seems attractive, but I can't (yet) see how it will be made. Anyone else have ideas?
Yeah, it's a cartoon. Also, paper doesnt have DNA.

Anyways, I dont think TBC are looking to make a big storyline. They just put emails out.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:06 am
Posts: 95
Location: The Field
I don't really think right now there is an actual story reason behind the DNA evidence. I reckon TBC are just using it as a constant running gag, maybe for the first half of 2007, or until someone emails :sb: about something to do with DNA.
We'll see sometime soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 am
Posts: 5581
Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Mike D wrote:
People actually found this creepy? As they say over on weebs-stuff.com, I assume you're also scared of ceilings and knees. Anyway, this was easily the best sbemail I've seen in ages. They really let loose with Strong Sad...I'm just sorry we didn't get to see his interpretive dance.

I'm also getting 404'd on everything but the flash file at the moment.

Mike


We didn't say anything about scary, just creepy. Or at least, I didn't. I dunno, something was just weird about SB's eyeless, tattered corpse floating in a jar. I don't mind gallows humor itself, I think it's just the way dead SB looks.

The Easter egg is still fantastically brilliant.

_________________
You look like you need a hug.
*hug*
There, now don't you feel better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 8:08 pm
Posts: 327
Location: Pinin' for the fjords.
Say, how long have Homestar and Marzi been living together, anyway? Or is that in some hypothetical future, after they get married?

Anyway, great e-mail. Solid, quirky, excellent. Although the DNA reference in this one felt a little forced. I loved how they repeated phone books, though.

_________________
"CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME!!!!"

- Unknown


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:06 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Ra'anana, Israel
Wow, i thought this one was like 5 times better than "the movies" but i did like the phone book part. i think the DNA evidence has to do with the paper too.

_________________
"Don't forget the crap-flap!" -Strongbad from "pop-up"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:46 pm
Posts: 1
This was an interesting one. I thought it had a lot of really humorous parts, but I thought it was kind of out of character for how TBC usually roll.

Still, 9/10


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: In...a twinkies packet, I think....
I loved this email! Not as good as some of the early 2007 ones but very good nonetheless. High points:
"Shut up lady! Peacful is not how I roll!"
Taxidoimied!!
DEATH METLE DURGE
Strong Bad Giving His Own Eulogy and Coach Z taping over it.
Stong Bad coming back to life

and of course....

Commando Strong Sad!

9/10

_________________
(THE ABOVE USER HAS BEEN BANNED)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:20 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Uh...
Wow. That excerpt from the Book of Phone is totally going in my signature on every forum I go to. :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:11 am
Posts: 8
A bit creepy at first, but on repeated viewings its pretty funny. I loved the Strong Bad supplexing a cougar, the easter egg, and Coach Z rapping is always a good thing!

_________________
Marzipan's got a face fulla super mud and I'm feelin' fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:04 am
Posts: 7
Location: Silent Hill
Another DNA reference?! I wonder how long they'll keep it up?

I really liked this Email; Coach Z's guilty hip-hop dance, Strong Bad being taxidermied and ending up as a coat hanger, and Homestar reading from the phone book all made me laugh!

9.5/10


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:02 pm
Posts: 31
TheNewX wrote:
Oh boy...

Well, I'm going to predict, in the following 4 pages of responses, here, an onslaught of forum members who were either offended or otherwise upset at the presumably morbid subject matter of this week's sbmail.

That's right, I'm calling it, now. ;)


I am so either offended or otherwise upset at the presumably morbid subject matter of this week's sbemail!! ;)

It was a pretty good e-mail. Great easter egg. The DNA evidence is starting to get more and more obvious (on the first 2, I didn't even realize it.) I hope the DNA leads up to something. Maybe they'll just leave it going forever....

I'll give the email a 3 for Coach Z's dance.

Oh wait! I almost forgot: STRONG BAD CLOSED HIS EYES!!!!!

_________________
miyomiyo1050 rating system:
0 - HORRIBLE (has not been given yet)
1 - Okay, don't recommend it
2 - Not one of my favorites, recommend it
3 - Really good
4 - Oh my god amazing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:27 pm
Posts: 31
The best part of this email was Commando Gron Sad. THAT was hilarious. The Strong Bad corpse preserved in salt water earns a solid, shaky a-jibbly.

_________________
"Everybody, everybody, longest pants!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:44 am
Posts: 331
Location: Totalslavia
Wow, that was really... dark, especially for something on H*R. But you know what? I loved it anyway. XD I dunno, I like a dose of good wholesome creepiness every once in a while. ;)

Loved the death metal funeral dirge and Coach Z taping over the eulogy. XD And Homestar reading from the Book of Phone. I dunno, the phrase "Book of Phone" just sounds funny to me. :P

And THAT EASTER EGG WAS THE BEST THING. EVER. Ommmg COMMANDO STRONG SAD. YES.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:46 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Not sure, I'll check
Man, this was almost MY email, I sent an email to Strong Bad about his funeral as well. I got so psyched when I saw the update and the email title: your funeral.

I was really disappointed, however, when I saw that I wasn't the sender of the email. CURSE YOU BIBENDUM!

Edit: First post!

_________________
Image


Last edited by jimmy91 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:45 am
Posts: 43
Location: Original Bubs!
And here's an interesting, hyper-nerdy continuity question:

Do you think the zombie apocalypse is what leads to the world being rebuilt and tech-no-lo-gized into the 20X6 world? Because it'd have to be after 2046, now, but before 2100.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 am
Posts: 5581
Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Shawn wrote:
And here's an interesting, hyper-nerdy continuity question:

Do you think the zombie apocalypse is what leads to the world being rebuilt and tech-no-lo-gized into the 20X6 world? Because it'd have to be after 2046, now, but before 2100.


You never know! And if it means we somehow get Former Commando Sad and/or a hyper-muscled commando descendent of Commando Sad, then I am totally all for it.

_________________
You look like you need a hug.
*hug*
There, now don't you feel better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 2656
Location: Writing a dazed and confused piece.
I thought this sbe-mail was very morbid and very creepy, why did strong bad's eyes have to be black?

It's good to know strongbad will be awesome from cradle to grave.
And did the kot outlive strongbad? Because, that would be just wrong.

And what shocked me most of all was while all this time strongbad was 'understanding' the speech disabilities of strong mad and that yellow thing, he mentions he would not want them reciting a eulogy. (?)

_________________
It's okay...to be yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:41 pm
Posts: 114
I had the exact same 20X6 theory!!! I don't think they'll build onto that at all, but I do have my suspiscions of the DNA evidence. Perhaps a sequel to Strong Bad Is In Jail?

_________________
I wish I had a signature.


Last edited by ripberger894 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:34 am
Posts: 84
DNA Evidence!!

I laughed a few times at this email, expecially :sad: 's dance and :coachz: taping over the eulogy and :hr: reading from the Book of Phone. :p
The email overall was creepy-funny.

_________________
'If ignorance is bliss, which one of you is the happiest?"
-George Gray (Weakest Link)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:54 pm
Posts: 32
Location: the stick, free country usa
strong bad after he broke out of the glass gave me the jibblies, :sb: wrestling with the cougar was hilarious and so was the yellow pages

_________________
Barbecues, tea kettles, gobs of axle grease
There comes a time for every man
To sail the seas of cheese
Now, life's a bowl of bagel dogs,
but there are unpleasantries
Cold toilet seats, dentist chairs
and trips to DMV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Hooray For Zombies
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:14 am
Posts: 63
Location: Atlanta, GA
I loved this E-Mail, and I personally think it's one of the funniest ones I've seen in a while (though I love them all). It was a great balance of old jokes, references to previous e-mails and new funnies, and seriously, that easter egg at the end was ridiculously hilarious! Hooray for Zombies!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 2656
Location: Writing a dazed and confused piece.
OH! I do't know if this has been said before but this sbe-mail kinda reminds me of 'replacement'.

_________________
It's okay...to be yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Get the leotard!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 65
Location: Cactus Area
This email is hilarious! Its easter egg beats the :sb: "Dee-doh-doo-do-da-doh-doo-du-dee-doh-doo-do-DIE!" from the last email, but I'm already getting tired 'bout that DNA evidence gag. (I'm-a go send an email to SB 'bout that *Brick'd*. No, seriously. I'm gonna do it...)
Overral: 8/10

Coolest quote/dialouge/scene:
:sad: "Fall back. The zombies have broken through our defenses!"
:sb: "BLAAAAARGH!!"
:sad: "We need to activate the doomsday device... Get the leotard!"
"PUT HIM IN THE JAR!"

Edit: First post on the forum! :p

_________________
Image
Brawl Code: 2406-4842-7494


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:42 am
Posts: 16
Location: Pantsburg
totally creepy, unique, funny, and gross

is it just me, or does :bubs: look weird with angry eyes?

_________________
I'm-a gonna throw a brick at your cellist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:26 am
Posts: 164
Location: leagues away from Stu's backyard.
buhubs wrote:
... morbid and ... creepy ...
... the speech disabilities of strong mad and that yellow thing ...


HAHAHAHA!!! "THE YELLOW THING"! That's wonderful... I love it.

As for all this about morbid and creepy, don't forget that SB's roots lie within the criminal mastermind myth. He is dark by nature; a zombie would be a fitting end to 'im. And yea, he's really kind of a joke as a criminal, cute and cuddly while still "bad" -- usually ineffectively.

I like the parallel with 20X6 and 2046. Any correlations with the exact time? In 2046. On March 31st. At 2:03 pm.

_________________
Too big to be my avatar, but I like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:26 am
Posts: 164
Location: leagues away from Stu's backyard.
buhubs wrote:
OH! I do't know if this has been said before but this sbe-mail kinda reminds me of 'replacement'.


It was kinda a stealth sequel wasn't it? SB said "until the day I die" in replacement, and then "I guess I just can't die" in this one.

_________________
Too big to be my avatar, but I like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 3:18 am
Posts: 166
Location: Da Illadelph.
That was kinda creepy...in a funny way.

BTW, fark.com has posted it as well. Image

_________________
Former writer for WGN's Bozo Show 1993-96.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:40 am
Posts: 810
Location: Thickly thuckled woods.
This one was great--I loved SB's list of things it will be "off". His voice when he reanimated himself was creepy...but the zombie thing was great. I enjoyed Z's dance. As far as the DNA thing goes, I'm not sure whether to think it ridiculous and annoying, or extremely intriguing...

_________________
I could use some salve.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group