A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:43 pm 

Shwoo wrote:
Wally McButter wrote:
Quote:
Is there a being among you that believes that this was a 'Real World Reference' and should be added to the wiki article, or am I just chasing a phantom gag?

I'm with you, now. First time I watched it I thought SS said "cute neighbor," which was wrong in a lot of ways.
The Wilson reference sits much better with me.

My brother thought the same thing. And I know he doesn't like Strong Bad/Strong Sad, because I showed him a Strong Bad/Strong Sad fic that I wrote and he was understandably grossed out.

Since I never get the opportunity to ask this to writers of slash fiction, I figured I have to ask now, what possesses you folks to get involved in that? (?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:28 pm 

I liked this one better than the last few. Love how they slipped in the dna evidence line so you could barely hear it (I was like dna WHAT?) And honestly I have no idea what strong sad said since I was reading the dullard comic the entire time he was talking. Probably wasn't all that interesting.

Best lines? "No, I mean no...I mean no" XD and the one about hitting all the keys and staring at the blue screen til your shift is over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:18 am 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Rob-Bert wrote:
Since I never get the opportunity to ask this to writers of slash fiction, I figured I have to ask now, what possesses you folks to get involved in that? (?)

I don't know, what possesses folks to get involved in any other type of romanticatin' in the fanfic department? Something to do, really. Slash doesn't necessarily have to be explict. Some people just like writing cute fuzzy-wuzzy romance stories. It's been ages since I've written any fanfiction, but you can but I loved fuzzy-wuzzies. Still do, as a matter of fact, which is why my earnest and current attempts at original fiction have plenty of fuzz.

Toastpaint. If you want to hear anything further, I suppose ya can PM me. :P

StrongSadSympathizer wrote:
And honestly I have no idea what strong sad said since I was reading the dullard comic the entire time he was talking. Probably wasn't all that interesting.

Dullards are too distracting. I wish they didn't always put them smack dab in the middle of the 'toon where you'll miss the good stuff reading them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:00 am 

I always just read the Dullard comics on the Wiki.
http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Dullard
Speaking of which, I'm thinking about printing a few of those out if I ever wind up working in a cube.

Edit: To whomever among you goes by the username of 'WiiZeld' on the wiki, thanks for adding that part about Wilson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:53 pm 

About slash, I'm probably the wrong person to ask, but I like Homestar slash because I think it's funny. Normally, slash is kind of meh to me. I'll read it if it's well written. But with Homestar Runner I actively seek it out. Don't know why.

I agree about Dullard. They should go where you won't miss anything by reading them. That's why I prefer to read them on the wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:54 am 

It gets better every time I watch it.

Post subject: BEST IN A LONG TIME
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:15 pm 

Maybe I identify so much with this email because my company just recently blocked several popular websites from my computer.

:sm: ggrrrrrrr.

Do you think I could get a copy of the Cheatware? I'm tired of tazering gnomes.