Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:23 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:03 am
Posts: 140
Location: Ohio
Did anyone else notice that Strong Bad was interacting with this emailer in a style much more reminiscent of older emails (Trevor the Vampire, the credit card scammer guys, and even as recent as "lunch special" or "stupid stuff")? You know--rather than using the email as an excuse to launch into a parody of TV show theme songs or moviegoing or unintelligible drive-thru speakers, he actually responded directly to it! Don't get me wrong, I like an occasional spoofing, but the formula was getting drilled into the ground recently. Plus, Senor Cardgage's easter-egg appearance was hilarious and totally caught me off guard. Overall, I liked the change-ups. Keeps you on your toes.
Is it just me, or does that candy bar wrapper look like a Zagnut wrapper? But the bar itself looks like one of those Reese's NutRageouses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:45 am
Posts: 43
Location: Original Bubs!
Mercy me!

That one made me laugh more than 2 times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:02 pm
Posts: 31
I think this one was one of the best in a while. I had completely forgotten about the DNA evidence until it came up in the Easter Egg. High points:

:sad: Note to self: Get A - Bigger - Note - Boo - K
:hr: Malinko Drinko
:hr: ...........................DNA Evidence
Barbed wire part
:cheat: Acting like a seal

It seemed a little strung together, but I think it deserves a 3.14 rating.

_________________
miyomiyo1050 rating system:
0 - HORRIBLE (has not been given yet)
1 - Okay, don't recommend it
2 - Not one of my favorites, recommend it
3 - Really good
4 - Oh my god amazing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:34 am
Posts: 84
I liked this email. I liked how they worked in the DNA Evidence. :sad: "suing" :sb: and :cheat:, and :hr: being "sued" were funny.
I also liked :sad: 's "Get A - Bigger - Note - Boo - K "

_________________
'If ignorance is bliss, which one of you is the happiest?"
-George Gray (Weakest Link)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:00 pm
Posts: 376
Location: Down Under
homsar_dude wrote:
That's it the DNA evidence officialy means something. They wouldn't put it in an easter egg like this if it didn't.


They're probably waiting for us to make a drinking game out of this ;)

Hmmmmm...... :idea:

http://forum.hrwiki.org/viewtopic.php?p=555785#555785


Last edited by Cyberdemon on Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:27 am
Posts: 1106
Location: Angel Grove
Wow, Homestar is really starting to pick up again. It feels like 2004 all over.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:41 pm
Posts: 114
JUST REALIZED!
Anyone notice Strongbad's maxymoron, "quickfast"?

_________________
I wish I had a signature.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:01 pm
Posts: 1006
Location: dancin' in the streets
I'm not sure "quickfast" actually counts as a maxymoron. He seemed to be using it as more of a noun. The original maxymoron was quite clearly an adjective.

Anyway, I liked this email. Homestar selling flavored water made me think of things like Fruit2O and K2O protein water, because I was forcing myself not to think about what SB-flavored water might taste like. Because I'm weird and immediately think "strong bad! that's my favorite flavor! not," instead of "Strong Bad brand flavored-water drinking beverages. Hmm, that seems like a highly satisfying product."

Also, three cheers for Strong Sad. "I've been saving these in the freezer since I was eiiiight!"

_________________
Image
get LOST
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:33 pm 
Offline
Pizza Pizza
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:05 pm
Posts: 10451
Location: probably the penalty box
That was ok... I loved the eggs at the end.

Homestar's DNA was the best, mainly because it was so dumb and/or predictable (think about it, they hadn't mentioned DNA in the entire email).

_________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:04 pm
Posts: 9
best part in the sbemail:



:sad: :Mercy me!

_________________
Oh crap, i forgot to edit my sig.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 5441
Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
This I think is the most winingest DNA evidence we've had yet!

*applaudes* This email made me laugh/smile, which i needed today :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:03 am
Posts: 36
Location: Over thar.
This was a good one. I liked how they stuffed in "DNA Evidence" somewhere.

172 is coming up. Boy oh boy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: In...a twinkies packet, I think....
Inverse Tiger wrote:
It was pretty good. No one thing really stood out for me, but I definitely liked it.

It was like an album where no one song could really stand alone, but the whole thing really works and is worth listening to. But I forgot about the whole DNA Evidence running gag, so to have the absolute last thing I see in the email be Homestar grudgingly forcing a DNA Evidence ref in... Serious LOL.

Thats what I feel like too. I'll give it an 8/10.

_________________
(THE ABOVE USER HAS BEEN BANNED)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: DNA Drinking Game...?!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:12 am
Posts: 34
Location: new yawk
I love how these funny emails show up just when I need them.

:cheat: *clap clap*
:sb: ok, one more.

And the :senor: appearance made my day as well.

I'm all about the "DNA Evidence" drinking game, too. ;-)

_________________
Ashley Wool dot net - It's dot com!
http://www.ashleywool.com
And also, too...
Ashley Wool makes money when you click here-
http://www.reverbnation.com/ashleywool


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:37 pm
Posts: 454
Location: Playing xbox live
That was preaty funny. I thought the the whole SB2o was funny and strong sad was really funny. The barred wire was making me crack up. I give it...

9.4/10


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:10 pm
Posts: 3999
Location: Sims 2
Cheatachu wrote:
This was a good one. I liked how they stuffed in "DNA Evidence" somewhere.

172 is coming up. Boy oh boy.


Urmm... the sig's too big.



Anyway, onto the email, this one was worth giggling at. Felt like a semi-story, becasue of the beginning, middle, and end, but had lots of jokes that are at least worth a smile. I had the volume down, so I almost didn't catch the Homestar Egg at the end. And Strong Sad's "Mercy me!" will be the next HRWF meme, probably. Not. I have a 99.9% prediction fail.

9/10

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 am
Posts: 5581
Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Strong Sad is awesome because he can throw out a little subtle thing like that and get you laughing. "Mercy me!" indeed.

_________________
You look like you need a hug.
*hug*
There, now don't you feel better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 65
Location: Cactus Area
Cybernetic Teenybopper wrote:
Strong Sad is awesome because he can throw out a little subtle thing like that and get you laughing. "Mercy me!" indeed.

Yep, you're right. But keeping that aside:
I liked the part when :sad: ACTUALLY got a bigger notebook and started launching snowballs to The cheat and SB.

The DNA Evidence egg kinda seems forced/inputed right away/funny/clever and I doubt it has to do with the legendary "sb_email_173". I think it's more of a gag like "crap" or "the cheat's gold tooth". Speaking of cheat-denture, I LOVED the part where T.C. acted like a seal and the "Rough Copy" movie...

9/10

_________________
Image
Brawl Code: 2406-4842-7494


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:11 am
Posts: 18942
Location: Sitting in an English garden, waiting for the sun
Not the greatest, but it was fun. :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:50 pm
Posts: 4431
Location: Remember Strawberries, guys?
I didn't really like it.
But I'll watch it again tomorrow…maybe my opinion will change.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:30 am
Posts: 41
:sad: "I've been saving these in the freezer since I was eight!"

Loved it, though I think Strong Bad was a little hard on poor -Malinko-...

_________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is a bunny. Copy and paste him to aid him in his quest to take over the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:17 pm
Posts: 1670
Location: Texas, U.S.A.
That was a stupid DNA Evidence tag. Really. It's like they were just desperate to get it worked in.

_________________
The meaning of life is 'bucket.'

FOR PONY!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:08 am
Posts: 51
Location: CT
I liked this one, and not just because it was the first time in a long time where there was actually an SBmail two weeks in a row (seriously, I can't remember the last time that happened).

_________________
Image
"Loud or lewd or la-di-da-di, everything to everybody!"
-Ah, But Underneath, Follies


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:53 am
Posts: 2217
Location: Australia
strong badathlon and unnatural. The first two emails to mention DNA evidence.

_________________
"Explain to me how drowning them would not ruin their date."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 35
Location: Alaska!
this was... one of the few that made me laugh out loud XD Best parts~

Strong Sad: Note to self: *flip* get—big—ger— *flip* note—boo— *flip* —k
The Cheat's love of soft tacos
Strong Sad's revenge that he's been planning since he was eight
Homestar: ........................... *sigh* DNA Evidence...

I agree with whoever said that tBC forgot about it, so the easter egg was a last minute thing XD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:34 am
Posts: 131
Location: somewheres, out theres...
The Cheat's open mouth and acting like a seal freaked me out at first, haha. Soft tacos...haha.

I also liked Strong Sad's, "Mercy me!" XD And, "I've been saving these in the freezer since I was eight!"

I also liked Homestar's easter egg. -sigh- "DNA evidence..."

Quite a good email. ^_^

_________________
StrongRad wrote:
It's Rule 1 of the universe. "Sometimes, you have to write stuff in German."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:53 am
Posts: 374
Location: Platypusville.
This one deserves applause. Seriously. I was laughing at pretty much everything. I guess I'm just crazy that way.
Strong Sad was brilliant. It was nice to see him getting some revenge on Strong Bad. The two easter eggs were great too.

I give this a six out of five. I might be going overboard just a little.
:cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin:
Oh, and I'll throw in a Senor Cardgage too. :senor:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:48 pm
Posts: 746
Location: In the not-too-distant future, somewhere in time and space
FINALLY Strong Sad gets his revenge.

_________________
My music
My LJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:01 pm
Posts: 99
Location: You 'kay?
Man, does The Cheat look weird mouth-open or what? I think I now understand why he mumbles all the time.
:cheatgrin:

_________________
You and me? Soggy napkin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:22 am
Posts: 17
Location: woo woo!
the best part was the email song. Or email statement. And I kinda hope they don't do anything with the DNA evidence.

I feel like there is a clear divide between emails made before and after alternate universe. This one reminded me of the older, pre-150 ones, which is good, in my opinion.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group