Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 338
Location: live at Awexome Cross
I liked it. The best part was definitely the flush twice gag, although Coach Z's thong gave me the jibblies. :eek:

_________________
Shameless Flogging Molly fan

****

"The next worst word you can couple with the word fan is, you guessed it, the word FICTION."-Strong Bad, "fan club"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 430
Hey miyomiyo1050 I like your rating system, where 1 or 2 is still good, unlike when people who put 7/10 as the minimum and 10/10 as the max.

When watching toons alone I rarely laugh, but "You-REEK-a!" had me laughing pretty hard. The rest was sort of an average email, and Coach Z's thong, I agree, was quite disturbing!

Hey Revenge of the B., I got the plastic diver guy bit too!

I didn't really care for the DNA evidence thing...running gags/reference jokes are not my thing, preferenced to jokes that anyone who hadn't previously watched Homestar Runner would understand.
2 emails to go!

_________________
I've been walking on clouds and flippin' off rainbows, on the wings of an emaaaaail....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:34 am
Posts: 84
I liked the YouReek-A T-shirts. This email was pretty good, but there weren't many really funny parts.

:hr: "Two weeks!? ... Teeth!?"

_________________
'If ignorance is bliss, which one of you is the happiest?"
-George Gray (Weakest Link)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Prance
Okay, am I the only one who wasn't disturbed by the thong, the buttcrack, or the black secretions? I guess I'm pretty desensitized... I thought those jokes were hilarious! Didn't even make me cringe.

Sooooo..... is Coach Z part octopus?

EDIT: Woo 50th post woo.


Last edited by KartoonKween'D on Tue May 08, 2007 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:07 pm
Posts: 53
That was pretty good.

AHHHH!!! Today kept feeling like a thursday or friday. My first reaction to seeing a new sbemail was, "Woah! A new sbemail on a Thursday, WOW!" Then, AFTER I watched it, I was like, "Oh wait, its Monday. Oh NO, its Monday."

_________________
Toons! Games! Characters! Downloads! Store! Email!
If you order within the next 30 seconds, we'll also throw in a game where you download toons with characters in them, who buy things at the store via email!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:01 pm
Posts: 99
Location: You 'kay?
KartoonKween'D wrote:
Sooooo..... is Coach Z part octopus?


Interesting thought. Coach Z just gets creepier and creepier; I personally can't remember the last time his presence didn't give me the jibblies. Atleast you can laugh at Marshie's creepiness.
How was it that Strong Mad knew what had happened when Coach Z took the 'item' off, though? Does this mean that those suppossed sound-effects are actually the background noises of Free Country USA?

_________________
You and me? Soggy napkin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:50 pm
Posts: 37
Not bad I just miss the DNA evidince.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 am
Posts: 5581
Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Eh. Didn't really make me laugh or smile. I don't know why, but this one just fell really flat for me.

_________________
You look like you need a hug.
*hug*
There, now don't you feel better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 10:36 pm
Posts: 4328
Location: The island. Where and when that is I cannot say...
An interesting mix of reactions here. I personally thought it was the best one in a while. The black stuff was the best part. No wait, the cilantro was. No wait, the emo CD was. No wait. A-.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:03 am
Posts: 140
Location: Ohio
BazookaJoe wrote:
Mr.Twisted wrote:
Getting a tad bit more risque?

Always has been. When you think about it, H*R has never been a kiddie toon.


Well, it's not so much that it's not a kiddie toon as that it doesn't shy away from poop jokes and other forms of gross-out humor. Frankly, I was turned off by the nastiness gags in this email...not because I found them morally objectionable or even offensive/disgusting, but just because gross does not necessarily equate to funny.
Strong Mad's buttcrack? By all means a surprise. Perhaps mildly amusing. But certainly not hilarious. Reckon I'd give this email a 4/7.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: In...a twinkies packet, I think....
BucketHand wrote:
Yeah, that email was amusing, but all the creepy gross stuff ("We're going to need you to flush twice!", Strong Mad's butt-crack, Coach Z's inky black secretions and weird taste in bathing suits) made it feel kinda off. Here's hoping they go easy on that stuff next time.

I totally agree with you. One of the reasons I like Homestarrunner.com is the fact that you usually don't find that stuff there. And DeathbyChiasmus has a point: Gross does not neccecarilly mean funney.
3/10

_________________
(THE ABOVE USER HAS BEEN BANNED)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:13 am
Posts: 1755
Location: People's Republic of Socialist Romanistan
Do I sense a 'You Reek-A' shirt coming? Let's hope so.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:49 am
Posts: 14
Perhaps the stuff radiating from Coach Z IS the DNA evidence. :)

I notice my suggestion that the "Stink's Reach" ad in the egg is a reference to the show "Twin Peaks" due to its similar theme music, storyline, usage of a town buildboad sign as its logo, and slightly rhyming name was removed from the Real World References page. Does no one else see this as a "TP" reference?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:03 am
Posts: 36
Location: Over thar.
Epic shirt is epic.

If I ever get a chance to buy it, I will.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:49 pm
Posts: 737
Location: Hot Topic. (I made you say...Jimmy Dean!)
Boooooring. So much wasted potential on this one.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 2049
Location: Standing on Watterson's front lawn
The Multi-purpose Skunk wrote:
I notice my suggestion that the "Stink's Reach" ad in the egg is a reference to the show "Twin Peaks" due to its similar theme music, storyline, usage of a town buildboad sign as its logo, and slightly rhyming name was removed from the Real World References page. Does no one else see this as a "TP" reference?

Not to mention the mountains in the background. Yeah, Twin Peaks was also the first thing I thought of when I saw that. But getting a ref to stick on the wiki's very hit or miss. It's pretty arbitrary. Don't take its removal personally. It's just the inscrutable way the wiki works.

_________________
ATTN: LOWER BOARD USERS HAVE MOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM. COME JOIN THE FUN!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 7:25 pm
Posts: 25
Location: The fabled realm of Angle-Land.
Is it just me, or has :sm: been absent from any recent toons/emails?

Anyway, great email, although the subjects are definitely getting more random. I loved the :coachz: scene. I'm not gonna ask wtpf that black stuff was...

I'll give it... a :senor:.

_________________
The young'uns filled up the swimmin' hole with red jellos!
"í dag viðrar vel til loftárása."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:49 am
Posts: 14
Inverse Tiger wrote:
Not to mention the mountains in the background. Yeah, Twin Peaks was also the first thing I thought of when I saw that. But getting a ref to stick on the wiki's very hit or miss. It's pretty arbitrary. Don't take its removal personally. It's just the inscrutable way the wiki works.


I see now that someone says that the condiment writing is a "Napolian Dynamite" ref. Now that one I'd call a stretch.:) At least my NOVA post seems solid. Speaking of which, thank you to whoever fixed the wiki/NOVA link. I kept trying to get it to point to 'NOVA (TV Series)' but it just wouldn't do it for some reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: DNA evidence? Child Abuse?
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:04 pm
Posts: 22
I'm surprised no one has suggested a connection between the doubly-missing DNA evidence and the initially-present-but-now-gone mention of child abuse... Does anyone still have a copy of the flash file that included the child abuse line? Was it clickable?

Maybe the Brothers Chaps had a change of plans, didn't like where they were going with the DNA evidence, and pulled it. Still, I wonder what they were planning with the child abuse line...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DNA evidence? Child Abuse?
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:28 am
Posts: 37
CheesyCrabSandwich wrote:
I'm surprised no one has suggested a connection between the doubly-missing DNA evidence and the initially-present-but-now-gone mention of child abuse... Does anyone still have a copy of the flash file that included the child abuse line? Was it clickable?

Maybe the Brothers Chaps had a change of plans, didn't like where they were going with the DNA evidence, and pulled it. Still, I wonder what they were planning with the child abuse line...


No, I just think they didn't want to mention the topic of child abuse. Like, they originally included it, but then thought better of it and changed their minds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:30 am
Posts: 41
"Ow! Pointy!" :mrgreen:

I liked this one, but something about it felt... unfinished. I don't know what, it just didn't quite satisfy me like so many past SBemails.

_________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is a bunny. Copy and paste him to aid him in his quest to take over the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:27 am
Posts: 50
im from Dart Mouth!

_________________
I'll have one sooner or later


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:40 am
Posts: 810
Location: Thickly thuckled woods.
KartoonKween'D wrote:
Sooooo..... is Coach Z part octopus?


No, that would be a squid.

_________________
I could use some salve.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:27 am
Posts: 1106
Location: Angel Grove
I live near Darthmouth! I feel cool!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Prance
Revenge of the Burninated wrote:
KartoonKween'D wrote:
Sooooo..... is Coach Z part octopus?


No, that would be a squid.


Actually, both octopi and squid have ink sacs.

(toastpaint)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 am
Posts: 5581
Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
ChickenMovieMan wrote:
"Ow! Pointy!" :mrgreen:

I liked this one, but something about it felt... unfinished. I don't know what, it just didn't quite satisfy me like so many past SBemails.


I think those were kind of my feelings too. Something's a bit empty about it.

_________________
You look like you need a hug.
*hug*
There, now don't you feel better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:55 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Land of the Free (?)
Dart Mouth Pipes and Drums!

Cuttlefish?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:08 pm
Posts: 5
ChickenMovieMan wrote:
"Ow! Pointy!" :mrgreen:

I liked this one, but something about it felt... unfinished. I don't know what, it just didn't quite satisfy me like so many past SBemails.


Is it the no DNA evidence?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 107
Let me guess...

Sbemail #172:

Marzipan: "What happened to the DNA evidence?"

Homestar: I can't bawieve I wost it!

Strong Bad: I burned it!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 2321
Location: Strawberries. :[
A sbemail just isn't a sbemail without DNA evidence. It was sort of funny, but a little bit empty.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group