Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Place ya votes!
5/5 – Congratulations, Strong Bad, on your 100th 200th email! 71%  71%  [ 100 ]
4/5 – We think you are sooooooo very cool. 19%  19%  [ 26 ]
3/5 – A protected landmark with surprisingly clean restrooms! 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
2/5 – I'm almost not totally disgusted! 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
1/5 – Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak! 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 140
 Post subject: Re: Strong Bad Email #200: email thunder!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:37 pm 

Xtermenator wrote:
The email actually would have been much better without the intro.

THE INTRO WAS AWESOME. X-(

Post subject: Re: Email thunder!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:38 pm 

Singing Poopsmith wrote:
kirby262 wrote:
HOORAY!!!!! IT'S FINNALY HERE!!!!

Noteworhty things in this sbemail:
They Might Be Giants makes an awesome song!
The Poopsmith breaks his vow of silence!
Homestar gets an e-mail show!
Strong Bad gets his revenge!
The Paper returns!
Spin-offs are reconized!

Quote:
My rating:

:kot: :kot: :kot: :kot: :kot: out of 5

5 KoTs? That not a very high rating. :p More like :trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor: out of five!

Here's to 201! :mrgreen: :-D :) :ehsteve: :trogdor:

I love the KOT. He's like my 4th fave character, after Homsar, Homestar, and Strong Sad.

this is my order from best to last

:sb: :cheatgrin: :kot: :homsar: :bubs: :trogdor: :ehsteve: :pom: :marzi: :coachz: :hr: :sm: :sad: :poop: :senor:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:42 pm 

Quote:
I love the KOT. He's like my 4th fave character, after Homsar, Homestar, and Strong Sad.

Wow, you like all the lame characters? :senor: These claims can be described as "Totally Lame" and "Not Very Cool".

naturally, i'm kidding. all the characters are pretty great.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:44 pm 

Y'know, the list of all the sbemails in the background make me think of TMBG's Dial-A-Song t-shirt, and they didn't stop making songs after the shirt was printed. Plus, there's an ellipsis! An ellipsis!

As far as what I thought about the email itself, when I heard John Linnell singing at the beginning I nearly died of happy. Then through the whole email I was wondering how on earth this email got to be so clever. The appearance from The Paper made me smile a lot, and then it burning up made me laugh out loud. And then using Abdi as his signature... ah, this is truly a sbemail to be remembered.

Six out of five.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:46 pm 

ok, long time since i been on the forum, BUT....

What is with all the negative crap? All of a sudden people think that TBC work for them or something. The way I see it, TBC puts out original content, unlike all the comedies on TV that copy each other, and they do it roughly three times a month. Oh, btw, they're not trained as writers or animators, so what you see is their own development.

Because they answer to no one but themselves, they can do whatever they want. I think that people do look at the Homestar Runner universe as a TV show, where everything has to relates to something else. This is not "Scrubs" or "The Office" or "Lost". This is just two guys that have an incredible gift having fun.

And, in closing, I think that sometimes they like to totally "break the rules" and remind us that they(TBC) are in total control.

SBemail 200 ROCKED!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:49 pm 

The Cheatentina wrote:
Y'know, the list of all the sbemails in the background make me think of TMBG's Dial-A-Song t-shirt (blah blah blah

Whoa! I would DEFINITELY buy a t-shirt that had all of the first 200 emails printed on it like that. It should say sb_email.exe in lappy font on top of the listing. it should be a black shirt with gray lettering. That would be awesome!

no, wait! tandy font, tandy font!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:06 am 

I thought it was TERRIFIC!! Really. It surprised the crap out of me! Very smart way to do sbemail #200. NICE easter egg with the hremail49 and 25 hidden pages!! haha. That was great.

I loved this episode!

However, I think it'd be funny if for a few weeks sbemail doesn't happen and hremail begins. Homestar gets a new computer and starts answering like 5 or so in a row before, eventually, Sbemail comes back. All the while Strong Bad is trying to destroy homestar's email program for good.

Or to really make people miss sbemail, they could do it awhile longer.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few hremails honestly. It wouldn't exactly be that far fetched for sbemail to be put on hiatus for awhile. It's happened before.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:19 am 

Hi everyone... I've been a longtime viewer of the Wiki and H*R for a while not, but this is my first post. I'm reading all about SBEmail200, but I'm encountering the same problem a few others have posted about: the "loading..." screen before the email begins just hangs...

Has anyone else who's been having this problem found a solution yet? And if not, is there a mirror somewhere that the #200 email can be found on. I'm dying to view it, but I can't... not with Firefox, nor Internet Explorer, nor Opera. And all three browsers have been used on both Vista and XP... and all 6 combinations are producing the same result: NOTHING!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:20 am 

Super great and super awesome, and all that, and the celebratory atmosphere was palpable, but there is one thing that stuck out in my mind:
The other anniversaremails were Strong Bad being awesome while commemorating just how awesome he is. All except the last scene at the end (I will never get tired of that giant bottle of Mountain Dew) seems to just be Strong Bad commemorating how awesome he is, without being awesome. And yet, he was still awesome.
And why the crap wasn't Homestar's email given a proper DELETED!? I mean, Strong Sad's updated his blog since the last time SB properly deleted an email. Still, a 5/5 worthy kickawesome sbemail.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:34 am 

Awesome email but...

The poopsmith talked

Marzipan rocked (In One Two)

...I say cool jacket is next

Post subject: Re: Sbemail 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:39 am 

Rumo wrote:
Ahh I know what your problem is. Here's the correct link:http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemailtwohundred.html
Unless you were using that link, then I don't know how to help. :/

It worked at first, but then the animation became dodgy and stopped halfway throught, though the audio continued.

That WAS surprising that the Poopsmith actually spoke.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:14 am 

Location: They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
H-d-d-buh *stammer sputter*...is... :poop: ...?
oh, and the fake 200 failed at life. the HRwiki extention borked the resolution.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:31 am 

I'd describe Sbemail 200 as "epic" & home hremail becomes a reality.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:50 am 

Where was Senor Cardgage? :senor: I missed the creepy guy.

But yeah, not a bad job for not answerin' an email.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:02 am 

Shelly2010 wrote:
Roll over "kind of cool" when that list pops up at the end.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:19 am 

It was pretty good, but I felt like I was The Cheated here somehow. I was expecting more.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:24 am 

For how significant it was, it could have been better, but it was still great! I'm surprised they did not just one thing you'd never think they'd do, but two (making the Poopsmith talk, and bringing back The Paper.) I strongly doubt this email will bring about any changes about Homestar or The Poopsmith or anything like that. It's a milestone sbemail, not a turning point. Strong Bad's computer didn't die, and that's pretty much the only thing that has to do with continuity in a significant way.

I love the Limozeen Easter egg. I would have enjoyed a unique one, but the cheap editing was hilarious, and that's what matters. Also, if any emails thus far were to end them all, it would be this one (not counting the fact that the other 199 have had a sbemail after them), but I strongly doubt they'll stop. There's no reason to. The only question is, will they make it to 400 so maybe we can hear The Poopsmith's voice when he's not singing (no, I stand by senior prom being The Blacksmith)?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:55 am 

there shoud have been a montage of past emails like this list of mine if i did it: some kinda robot homsar depressio i rule duck pond band names cartoon sb_email 22 CGNU 1 step ahead superhero name flag day gimmicks sisters guitar helium vacation invisibility action figure techno your friends ghosts 50 emails comic japanese cartoon dragon huttah! monster truck interview unused emails the show caper personal favorites big white face crazy cartoon mascot funny sibbie the process | stunt double impression kids' book no loafing couch patch colonization caffeine kind of cool army video games | monument stupid stuff different town flashback theme park replacement crying for kids old comics pizzaz time capsule montage virus animal dreamail origins | secret recipes rock opera best thing do over boring (really) modeling bottom 10 lady...ing geddup noise highschool death metal secret identity myths & legends disconnected candy product alternate universe senior prom redesign theme song cliffhangers retirement | coloring the chair strong badathlon unnatural your funeral from work more armies the paper concert hygiene original pizza joint yes, wrestling diorama fan club shapeshifter love poems being mean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:59 am 

wiiareus wrote:
there shoud have been a montage of past emails

I think that would be too much like an extended rock opera.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:03 am 

It would be a soletion of them to a longer versoin of poopsmiths song and not anything like rock opra and they would be in short clips form the emails

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:44 am 

--

Last edited by Prophet on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:00 am 

my jaw HIT THE FLOOR when I saw the Poopsmith singing. Wow... just.... no words.

This sbemail gave me a fuzzy feeling inside. just.... amazing. aaaaaa

Bravo, TBC. Brah-voh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:29 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
Shelly2010 wrote:
Roll over "kind of cool" when that list pops up at the end.

Yeah, but I wanted to hear him talk though :-(
He has the most awesome speeches ever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:33 am 

This is proof that Homestar Runner has indeed jumped thew shark. The only thing missing is the baby. But the fact that TMBG is in this one and the cliffhanger of "will there be a 201?" make this about a 3/5, 3.5/5 at the most.

You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife.
You may ask yourself, "Well, how did I get here?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:46 am 

Notice the absence of the new paper at the end of this Sbemail.
Could it be a sign of the end of an era?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:09 am 

BOOST IT UP TO 5/5! I just read the inside and real world references, and they're hillarious! One of them is a reference to The Beatles, A PAGE I CREATED!

I lost 40 clams! Champeen and Homeschool weren't revived!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:43 am 

s0merand0mdude wrote:
This is proof that Homestar Runner has indeed jumped thew shark. The only thing missing is the baby. But the fact that TMBG is in this one and the cliffhanger of "will there be a 201?" make this about a 3/5, 3.5/5 at the most.

You know, I kind of take offense at that kind of idea of H*R jumping the shark.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:57 am 

I just sent Homestar an email and asked him how he types without arms. With any luck I just created a new inside joke.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:22 am 

[EDIT] In case it's too subtle for you to pick up on, this part is sarcastic: [/EDIT]

I'm disappointed and didn't really find this at all funny. I only kind of smiled once, and it was only half of my mouth smiling. Sigh, there was so much wasted potential here. I mean they could have brought back Cardgage and had him answer an email and there's wasn't even any Pom Pom :(( They really let us all down and didn't meet any of my expectations.

I can only give is a miserable two singing :poop: :poop: / :rolleyes: :cheatgrin: :pom:

I'm probably the first person to ever suggest this but am I the only one who thinks that TBC have totally jumped the shark with sbemails here? (I probably am since I'm so perceptive and clever. It's so chic to claim shark jumping lololol) I've stuck by them since tape leg and they owed me so much better and just plain failed. This will probably be one of the last times I even visit the site. I mean, come on, hremail? Really? That's the best they could come up with? I remember when this site really stood for something but now all TBC do is just bring up old jokes and mail it in.

Ok seriously, every time I visit this forum I foolishly hope for something different but there's always the pretentious jerks claiming any of the above sentiments along with such gems as "they did a better job with ___", "this would have been better with ____", "it was boring" and the penultimate "THEY NEEDED TO ___". [By the way, no they didn't, shut up. You go take your brilliant, earth-shattering idea and start your own web cartoon phenomenon and leave HSR out of it]

The sad thing is that no matter what TBC did with #200, there would be people crying that they jumped the shark or it wasn't good enough or wasn't what they expected or wanted. Oh well, I suppose everyone is an expert and knows what's best for HSR. Man, what did TBC ever do before forums like these, it's a wonder they ever became popular in the first place counting on their own talent and ideas.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but the amount of negative whining on here amazes me. Can't you just watch it and enjoy it for what it is? Having a comment about the toon is one thing, but no one cares about your individual expectations and what you think should have been done better. I don't love everything on the website but who am I to say that I know better and that my ideas would be more popular?

And now I will take a deep breath and go enjoy this email and all of the other awesome things on the website that have kept me a happy fan for the past 8 years.

Rock rock on, TBC, rock rock on.

Last edited by Danimo on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:32 am 

Am I the only one who actually prefers Homestar to Strong Bad? I know that SB became the star of H*R a long time ago, but I was never really okay with that. I always looked forward to Homestar appearances, and so if TBC actually carried on with hremails or had some other sort of Homestar weekly feature, I'd be very, very pleased.

On a slightly-opposing note, I quite enjoyed the 200th sbemail. Partially, of course, because of the hope of maybe seeing some more Homestar from this point on. But still, a good one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next