Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Place ya votes!
5/5 – Congratulations, Strong Bad, on your 100th 200th email! 71%  71%  [ 100 ]
4/5 – We think you are sooooooo very cool. 19%  19%  [ 26 ]
3/5 – A protected landmark with surprisingly clean restrooms! 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
2/5 – I'm almost not totally disgusted! 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
1/5 – Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak! 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 140
 Post subject: Re: Strong Bad Email #200: email thunder!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 am 

thelongestpants wrote:
ThatGameDude386 wrote:
thelongestpants wrote:
I loved the "hwemails" part, and I actually sincerely hope that sbemails sort of die out in favor of hremails. If there was any email that TBC could stop the sbemails on, this was it. Even if sbemails keep going, which I expect they will, I would LOVE a hremail every now and again.

...you didn't really want to live to see sbemail 250, now, did you? You wouldn't have said that otherwise. The Cheat, why don't you treat this gentleman to a game of golf. *WACK WACK THWACK*

Oh...my...pfargtl..... I laughed so hard at that! Thanks, I needed that. :)

Oh, man! He likes it! Swich to plan B! *The Cheat takes out a jar of fire ants*

*Ahem,* now, sbemail 200 rocked, and I sincerely doubt there will be hremails, thanks to the hremail easter eggs.

"Wait a second... This isn't Heaven!!! AUUUUGGGGGGGGGHH!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:49 am 

ThatGameDude386 wrote:
*Ahem,* now, sbemail 200 rocked, and I sincerely doubt there will be hremails, thanks to the hremail easter eggs.

I agree with you on that, but here's hoping.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:14 am 

FInally a new sbemail i can call EPIC 5/5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:20 am 

I almost forgot to mention that the email was "epic" (It's my catchphrase for all dem' milestones!). But as a veiwer who came in during the "Golden Days", this one was a real treat. Unlike some things on the site, this email was extremely self referencial in a "GOOD" way. I love how bad some people are taking this one. It was funny in two ways.
1.) It was hilariously clever and witty.
2.) It broke the rules, mocked it's fanbase, and mocked itself in a halarious way.
It also showed that they don't let their fans control them. I love that.
They could have done alot, but THIS was definently the way to go. None of the stupid ideas people who hated the Email wanted them to do. You can't control them.
No Senor Cardgage Email. That would be lame and ruin the poor hobo.
This wasn't jumping the shark. You've all ruined a perfectly good phrase! Just like you ruined Trogdor!
I noticed a quote of some guy saying "I've stuck by them since tape leg and they owed me so much better and just plain failed. This will probably be one of the last times I even visit the site. I mean, come on, hremail? Really? That's the best they could come up with? I remember when this site really stood for something but now all TBC do is just bring up old jokes and mail it in." Really? That's the best complaint you could come up with? I remember when people din't get all emo-emotional over a funny cartoon.
We already had all his alternates appear in SBEmail 150. None of them need to appear in this one.
So, I suppose the bullet point of this is, stop your complainin'!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:29 am 

I don't think there will be anymore sbemails after this one. I think :hr: deserves a LOT more time in the spotlight, as does :pom: (Where has he been?) and :ehsteve: (and the rest of those Cuppin' Cakes pals.)
Strong Bad is cool and all, but it's time to let other characters in Free Country USA have a go at making us laugh.

Also, I would really appreciate it if someone could put "Why Come Only One Girl?" on Youtube. I wanna see it, and I dun has teh deeveedee.

:hr: emails FTW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:05 am 

Strong Bad finally reached his 200th email. It should be time for them to just set him down and pick up Homestar. He's getting dusty. o.o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:14 am 

Sloshy wrote:
Strong Bad finally reached his 200th email. It should be time for them to just set him down and pick up Homestar. He's getting dusty. o.o

Maybe they could even give the remote control on the toons menu a new button. Or maybe even create a brand-new toons menu, different than what we've got now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 am 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:

Maybe they could even give the remote control on the toons menu a new button.

Cheat Commandos page FTW!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:23 am 

Raise your hand if you went to Strong Sad's Lament to check to see if he had updated it after watching that Easter egg.

*raises his hand*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:24 am 

HomestarWinner wrote:
Raise your hand if you went to Strong Sad's Lament to check to see if he had updated it after watching that Easter egg.

I checked it too, but not on the same day I saw the email.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:09 am 

Bad Bad Guy wrote:
HomestarWinner wrote:

I checked it too, but not on the same day I saw the email.

Same here. I checked it today... Go Aquabats?!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:27 am 

Hello there. First time posting here, but I've been reading the boards and wiki in general for a while.

It took me 2 viewings to reach this conclusion, but I took this one was a reminder that Homestar does in fact still exist. While this might sound a bit odd, you have to figure that the way most toons and such go, Homestar is made out to be a minor supporting player or the idiot or both while everyone goes for Strong Bad. I'm not saying I have anything against ol' SB, but it IS Homestar's website and all that.

We'll probably see hremails as like an extra to something or maybe in a new DVD. Its an interesting concept with potential. That or maybe some Homsar emails. Knowing him, I can't even begin to thing how that would be abbreviated. As for Sbemails, I also doubt they'll end anytime soon.

And with regards to the Poopsmith talking, meh. It doesn't kill his character for me. I personally woulda had him voiced similar to Original Bubs though.

Although I didn't talk too much about the actual E-Mail, I give it a 4 outta 5. It was alright once I came to the conclusion I came to, but the lack of Homestar's "bomb" was a huge disappointment. And I think the Lappy is due to croak soon. Maybe Strong Mad will like, leave his magnet collection on it, formatting it and rendering it useless or The KOT will smother it in butter and cheese and devour it or something.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:54 am 

20X6 GEM wrote:
I almost forgot to mention that the email was "epic" (It's my catchphrase for all dem' milestones!). But as a viewer who came in during the "Golden Days", this one was a real treat. Unlike some things on the site, this email was extremely self referential in a "GOOD" way. I love how bad some people are taking this one. It was funny in two ways.
1.) It was hilariously clever and witty.
2.) It broke the rules, mocked it's fanbase, and mocked itself in a halarious way.
It also showed that they don't let their fans control them. I love that.
They could have done alot, but THIS was definently the way to go. None of the stupid ideas people who hated the Email wanted them to do. You can't control them.
No Senor Cardgage Email. That would be lame and ruin the poor hobo.
This wasn't jumping the shark. You've all ruined a perfectly good phrase! Just like you ruined Trogdor!
I noticed a quote of some guy saying "I've stuck by them since tape leg and they owed me so much better and just plain failed. This will probably be one of the last times I even visit the site. I mean, come on, hremail? Really? That's the best they could come up with? I remember when this site really stood for something but now all TBC do is just bring up old jokes and mail it in." Really? That's the best complaint you could come up with? I remember when people din't get all emo-emotional over a funny cartoon.
We already had all his alternates appear in SBEmail 150. None of them need to appear in this one.
So, I suppose the bullet point of this is, stop your complainin'!

My poor misguided friend, I like you :) If you go back and reread my post, you'll see that the first half of it was precisely bitter mocking of all the simpletons on this forum who complain and say all the ridiculous things I did. I went out of my way to try and mock the ridiculous whining that the so many here do.

Your sentiments strongly echo the second half of my post and even though you missed the fact that I was being mockingly sarcastic, I'm glad you took offense at the stupidity. I did think this toon was fantastic! [as said by the Blue Laser Commander] and enjoyed how expertly done the humor was.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:19 am 

Quote:
Maybe Strong Mad will like, leave his magnet collection on it, formatting it and rendering it useless or The KOT will smother it in butter and cheese and devour it or something.

*chuckles out loud as he imagines the following scene: Midway through an e-mail, Strong Bad returns to his computer room after doing some explaining stuff outside, to find that his Lappy had just been devoured by The KOT. Strong Bad says in an exaggerated depressed voice, "Awww... Looks like I'm gonna have to get a new computer, again." Next scene, the new computer is quickly introduced, and the e-mail continues.*

It would be a total WTpF Sbemail, but funny.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:24 pm 

Man, why does it seem like everyone thinks that with this email, the website has jumped the shark? I hate it when people think things like that! Stop trying to offend me on this, because I do take offense to this!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:13 pm 

Here's an idea: TBC should make a new long toon called "Shark Jumping!" In it, :hr: and :marzi: would get married and have a little one, who would wander in on :sb: taking PCP. :coachz: would have to have a VERY SPECIAL talk with :sb: about the dangers of drug abuse--to prove his point, I believe a rap video by Peacey P would be in order. :cheat: walks in, but has been replaced by a different actor (perhaps :pom:?) , and :sb: lovingly kicks him, to show that all is back to normal. They tearfully embrace.

:homsar: wakes up and realizes it's all been a dream. "Ahhhhhh, I've got to cut cold turkey!" he'll say.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:55 pm 

That...could actually be pretty funny.

Just, no drugs. Listirine maybe.

P.S. Can anyone get the song used in between strongbad pouring the melonade and the credits?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:18 pm 

Brilliant e-mail! TBC did something that all great story makers strive for a major and completely unexpected twist. Now that we know about hremail we need to completely reexamine Homestar. Maybe he isn't as dumb as Strong Bad thinks he is It also allows for them to return to making Homestar the main character again, which I'm sure to them is important).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:29 pm 

Actually, an intentionally shark-jumping toon, as overused as that phrase is, could be really funny. They probably wouldn't and shouldn't call it that, though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:12 pm 

Hmm, no new scroll button song. What gives?

I'm sure lovers of The Paper are pleased to see The Paper return. What a surprise. :-D And Strong Bad's smiling really does suggest his mood. I guess we never will know if 200's the finish or if there's more to come. Or for that matter, if HREmails will be explored. It's true, Strong Sad hasn't updated his blog in over three years. Hee hee.

5/5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:27 pm 

Definitely worth most of the wait...highly enjoyable...long live email goodness...

http://www.crashnklein.com - The current and future, low-mortgage, 3-bedroom-1.5-bath-with-three-acres home of the Denim Avenger and other assorted hero types

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Denim_Avenger/index.php

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:38 pm 

Honestly, I love the idea of Homestar answering emails a lot, but I'm sad to say it's probably not going to happen. They used the URLs hremail24 and hremail48, so that kind of implies they won't go down that path... *sigh* I really hope that's not the case

Now, if they decide to do Homestar Emails, they could get around it by making the whole emails, not just the snippets. They could also changing the URLs for Hremails or just skip those two numbers. Or they could start on a higher number than 50.

I really hope I'm wrong because I've wanted to see more Homestar than Strong Bad for a while.

This is Ekul, slinking back into reclusion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:34 pm 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
jedibob5 wrote:
If they continue with absolutely strange crap like this, we may have a shark jump. If they run hremails tandem with sbemails, WTF. (and we definitely sailed straight over that shark.) And if they completely abandon the sb sort for this hr flavor, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

I take offense to H*R ever jumping the shark. Maybe it's time that they gave SB a break and give Homestar his website back (with SB always trying to thwart him, of course). Maybe they could go in different directions here.

Look, I'm a big fan of HR, and I'm not saying they've jumped it yet. I'm just saying that if TBC keep hremails, (which they may or may not) it's a signature move of one. All I'm saying is, only time can really tell whether HR has jumped or not, and I sincerely hope they didn't.

Post subject: Re: Email thunder!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:41 pm 

revertedtozero wrote:
Am i being too questionable?

Being questionable means able to question, Which doesn't go with what the rest of what you said

[/grammarnazi]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:55 pm 

Well, we all knew something would happen at 200, i wasn't expecting TBC to say Homestars been answering emails all along... And all this new information really shook our understanding of the homestar universe, several pages now need editing...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:02 pm 

Am I the only one who thinks its weird that so many people signed up just to comment on this thred. Including the thred maker how signed up right before making the thred and has only made that one post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:06 pm 

I forget, but I think I registered on this board to talk about Email 150.

So no, it's not that odd. People got opinions.

I have no freaking idea what they're gonna do at this point. They could even make a SBCG4AP episode out of this, I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:41 pm 

It was definatly a good one...but I am slightly disappointed in the fact that there was no actual email to Strong Bad.

:bubs: :bubs: :bubs: :bubs: / :bubs: :bubs: :bubs: :bubs: :bubs:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 pm 

Hey, steering this topic in a different direction... Could someone decompile this email? I found a little secret, but can't see the whole thing:

When Strong Bad reads "Dear HOMESTAR?!?!?!" and the camera zooms way into the lappy, the whole lappy is there, and there's a reply written under there where there wasn't before...
All I can see it "Oh...Steven! I thi[...] 200 emails I'm f[...] to make out with[...]"

Maybe this will answer some of your questions about shark jumping too... :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:48 pm 

I didn't see it, and I looked. Screencap, please?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next