|Homestar Runner Wiki Forum
|Welcome and Forum Rules
|Page 1 of 1
|HRWiki Forum [ Mon May 10, 2004 3:55 pm ]
|Welcome and Forum Rules
Welcome to the Homestar Runner Wiki Forum!
We wish we could keep the same free and inclusive attitude here as we have over on the wiki. The wiki practically polices itself, but unfortunately, a forum will require much more attention from the administrators and moderators to keep it a safe and fun place for everyone. Therefore, we feel compelled to lay down some fairly strict ground rules:
1. The Admins have the final say in all matters of the forum. We will, however, listen to your opinions and take them into serious consideration, as long as they are brought to us in a calm and respectful manner.
2. No racism, classism, sexism, religious bias, or any other form of bigotry. The exact definition of bigotry is left up to the moderators and admins. If you feel uncomfortable or harassed in any way, please do not hesitate to contact a moderator or admin. In general, we expect users to treat each other with courtesy and respect.
3. NO SPAM.
a. Posting anything in the wrong forum.
b. Writing posts without meaning.
c. Asking questions that have already been asked or giving answers that have already been given.
d. Writing posts like "I agree" that do not contribute to the conversation.
e. Advertisements or promotions. Non-profit plugs are allowed in the designated thread
f. Double-posts that are not at least three hours apart.
g. Posts made only to steer a thread back on-subject. If you'd like the thread to get back on topic, make a legitimate on-topic post. If a conflict is holding up the discussion, PM a mod or admin.
The exact definition of spam is not limited to the above, and is to be determined by the admins and moderators.
4. No headaches. Try to use proper spelling and grammar - don't overuse 1337, cHaNgInG cApS, smileys and the BB codeS. In addition, do not post anything that is unnecessarily large, such as enormous pictures.
5. Use your common sense!
6. No foul language. This includes the word 'Hell' (except as used to describe the place), any words containing sexual innuendo, and any words used to describe excrement other than 'crap', 'manure', 'excrement', and any others of its nature that are brought to our attention. The intentional misspelling or partial censorship of profanity is also unacceptable.
7. No pornography in any form, including links to any part of pornographic websites.
8. Your name cannot be one of the main characters. It becomes too confusing. If you have an account on the wiki, please use the same name.
9. These rules are subject to change at any time.
Thanks for playing nicely. Your participation makes this place more fun for everyone!
|HRWiki Forum [ Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:24 pm ]
It appears that having a huge signature is all the rage. Considering that takes up more than half a page on my laptop (1024x768) we are now implementing a few rules on signatures.
1) Your sig may be no more than 65Kb in total size. If it is bigger than that it takes too long for our dial-up users.
2) If you are using text in your sig, limit it to 5 total lines of text. This means 5 lines of the default size. If you modify the text size, take that into consideration. (5 lines translates to roughly 100 pixels in height on my computer)
3) Your sigs dimensions may be no larger than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall. This includes both images and text. For example: if you want to have both a picture and a line of text, the total height needs to be less than 100 pixels.
Here is an example that illustrates the acceptable dimensions:
While I am at it, I suppose it's worth bringing up avatars. Just because you can link to an off-site avatar, doesn't mean you are exempt from the size limitations. Keep your avatars less than 100x100pixels in dimension and 20Kb 10Kb in size.
These aren't suggestions, these are rules. If you don't comply we will remove your ability to post an avatar. If you continue to ignore us we will lock/ban your accounts.
We are sorry that we have to treat you this way, but with over 1500 users we can't send out personal emails/pms to everyone.
|Page 1 of 1
|All times are UTC
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group