Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Hremail3184
So popular now-a days 52%  52%  [ 76 ]
Saturn ring 'splosion 27%  27%  [ 39 ]
Oh Child! 10%  10%  [ 15 ]
Steak Sandwhich 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
Dooj! 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 146
 Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184 (Strong Bad Email 201)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:39 pm 
Admin Styles

ASongFromThe60s wrote:
I'm not going through all the trouble of going on HR wiki or remembering all the adresses

You do know this is the forum of the Homestar Runner Wiki, right? The wiki whose purpose is largely to be a resource for people in your predicament and whose main page is linked at the top of every page of this forum. The same main page that has a direct link to watch every new toon. Honestly, if you're truly that lazy, then we can't be bothered to care about your problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:09 pm 

I don't know...I liked it. I'm happy that we're getting :sb: emails back. The Garden Weasel was a bit...ouch...even for Strong Bad, but it had to be done. As to the death of the Lappy...some of you are saying he "heartlessly" killed it off, but was it really heartless? He even cried a little! It had to be done to make the email momentous. Plus, he made a really good point. Better to do it yourself, because then you only have yourself to blame.

Four beaten-up :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: / :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb:

Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:51 pm 

Neoxon312 wrote:
HstrRnr wrote:
The emails from him went on long enough, and Homestar got a cut-short chance.

I didn't like hremails that much from the start (just my opinion, you may have your own).

I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything, I just want to point something out: there were three hremails. I have a feeling that if you had only seen the first three sbemails and then compared it to the first three hremails, hremails would have one.

Favorite quote from latest toon: What latest toon?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:42 pm 

Mr_Eyeball wrote:
I don't know...I liked it. I'm happy that we're getting :sb: emails back. The Garden Weasel was a bit...ouch...even for Strong Bad, but it had to be done. As to the death of the Lappy...some of you are saying he "heartlessly" killed it off, but was it really heartless? He even cried a little! It had to be done to make the email momentous. Plus, he made a really good point. Better to do it yourself, because then you only have yourself to blame.

Four beaten-up :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: / :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb:

I think you have a point. It all had to be done. Nah, it wasn't heartless that he killed off his lappy. They already seemed to have some kind of understanding that it would happen anyway. As for Strong Bad "crying a little bit" I actually somewhat agree. In the Wiki Translation it says that he had a "Mock-sad" tone. Maybe it was, but at the same time I think it was just a bit more emotional then that

I know I know I'm over analyzing. But hey, it's fun! :p

The more I watch this sbmail/hrmail/big toon the more I love it. Bring 'em on!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:58 pm 

It's dot com wrote:
ASongFromThe60s wrote:
I'm not going through all the trouble of going on HR wiki or remembering all the adresses

You do know this is the forum of the Homestar Runner Wiki, right? The wiki whose purpose is largely to be a resource for people in your predicament and whose main page is linked at the top of every page of this forum. The same main page that has a direct link to watch every new toon. Honestly, if you're truly that lazy, then we can't be bothered to care about your problem.

How could I register without knowing what forum I'm registering on? But it's not worth going through it all just to watch ONE SBEMAIL. Seriously, you must be joking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:09 pm 

Neoxon312 wrote:
Also, he can't have just 2 emails when I sent him 6 during his break.

lol, same here

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:21 pm 

The intro was just hilarious. But I was kinda shocked that the Lappy was killed off. Let alone that
Strong Bad would do it. What's next?

Last edited by Strong Iron Clad on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:22 pm 

My favorite parts involved :sad: yelling "Oh child!" & :coachz: taking a spit-shower & putting shampoo on his hat. I guess :marzi: is not happy with :hr: this week, especialy if she's doing :sb: favors. & it's always great to see :senor:

I dunno if I'm really happy about Sbemails comming back so quick, I was hopping they'd go for 2 shorts or one big toon per month for the rest of the year. Sbemails are shorts, but they're too :sb: focused instead of well-rounded. I'd rather it focus on :hr: but without any emails being involed. The only thing I'm dying to have return to normal is making Bruce Wayne Batman again.

Last edited by likalaruku on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:28 pm 

Honestly, I don't think Sbeamils are returning. I thnk that's why Lappy had to explode, because she took New Paper down with her. so that way at the end of the toon there isn't anywhere to click to e-mail Strong Bad. They didn't ask for more e-mails to be sent in this toon, so I don't think they will be answering any more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:31 pm 

My favorite part was when Senor Cardgage started walking in place and it scared Strong Bad XD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 pm 
Admin Styles

ASongFromThe60s wrote:
It's dot com wrote:
ASongFromThe60s wrote:

How could I register without knowing what forum I'm registering on? But it's not worth going through it all just to watch ONE SBEMAIL. Seriously, you must be joking.

I am legitimately confused by your attitude. My question was rhetorical, but I'm not entirely sure yours was. I'm kind of hoping that you're joking, though. Just in case: at the top of every page of this forum is a Image Wiki link. That's one click. Then, on the main page, there's a Image watch link for every new toon. That makes two clicks. It's actually less trouble than going through the menus on the official site.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:38 pm 

That seemed unnecessary, cruel, and pretty darn contrived.
I can see how he wants to explode the New Paper, but it wasn't 50 emails ago (ok, wasn't three years ago) that the Lappy was held hostage and SB risked life and limb. Now checking emails doesn't interest him any more so everything goes up in burnination. What's next, the Cheat getting kicked to the moon? And Pom Pom still hasn't come down!
What I'm saying is, this toon creeped me out in only bad ways.
Except Cardgage. That was a cool kind of creepy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:33 am 

Quote:
Inside References
* Strong Bad smiles when Senor Cardgage first shows up in his house, and he and Strong Sad both smile in the Pop-Tart scene.

In my tiresome weariness of seeing how characters smiling is constantly an inside reference, I decided to figure out whether it should really count as anything. And I've found that Strong Bad has so far smiled in 67 of his 424 appearances (15%) and Strong Sad has smiled in 20 of his 217 appearances (9%). Which, I'll admit, is low enough that I guess it can be considered an inside reference, even if both characters have been seen smiling more in more recent toons than in older toons.

But I still find it annoying.

Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:15 am 

Monkeytender wrote:
Neoxon312 wrote:
HstrRnr wrote:
The emails from him went on long enough, and Homestar got a cut-short chance.

I didn't like hremails that much from the start (just my opinion, you may have your own).

I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything, I just want to point something out: there were three hremails. I have a feeling that if you had only seen the first three sbemails and then compared it to the first three hremails, hremails would have one.

That's what I did. I found sbemails much more funny (although, I have to admit, hremail 2000 was funny). But again, that's just my opinion. You may think otherwise, & I respect that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:31 am 

Draygone wrote:
Quote:
Inside References
* Strong Bad smiles when Senor Cardgage first shows up in his house, and he and Strong Sad both smile in the Pop-Tart scene.

In my tiresome weariness of seeing how characters smiling is constantly an inside reference, I decided to figure out whether it should really count as anything. And I've found that Strong Bad has so far smiled in 67 of his 424 appearances (15%) and Strong Sad has smiled in 20 of his 217 appearances (9%). Which, I'll admit, is low enough that I guess it can be considered an inside reference, even if both characters have been seen smiling more in more recent toons than in older toons.

But I still find it annoying.

Better place to bring this up would be an appropriate talk page on-wiki, you know. It's not going to change because it's discussed here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:43 am 

In addition to the frequency of the appearance, we should also consider the possibility that it's never special to see the antagonist smile, as I wrote on a Wiki Talk Page not too long ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:15 am 

Yeah, writing on a wiki talk page... let's do that instead of complaining about it here from now on. If people continue discussing that in this thread, I'm going to have to consider it off-topic and delete it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:53 am 

With every explosion of a computer comes a new, glorious era of sbemails, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:26 am 

Charmy wrote:
Honestly, I don't think Sbeamils are returning. I thnk that's why Lappy had to explode, because she took New Paper down with her. so that way at the end of the toon there isn't anywhere to click to e-mail Strong Bad. They didn't ask for more e-mails to be sent in this toon, so I don't think they will be answering any more.

Except that Strong Bad said it was a comeback, said he needed "fresh blood" and at the end joked he'd need a new paper too. It's also not the first time a sbemail ended without the paper coming down. He pretty much announced he was returning and the whole destroying Lappy thing was PART of it. So he can get a new computer.

Although I can see the Chaps doing something like, bringing the Tandy back. Or Compy. For some reason, just to throw everyone off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:31 pm 

Good to see Gardenboy back. I'd forgotten how good "Yes, wrestling" was. I think maybe I'ma go watch it again now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:47 pm 

Charmy wrote:

No, i won´t lost the hope of the reappering of the new :sb: emails, of the new computer and of course, of the new(est) paper.

Happy Tree Friends and Homestar Runner forever!!!!

I´ll do more translations in Spanish soon!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:10 pm 

Power Crunch wrote:
Charmy wrote:
Although I can see the Chaps doing something like, bringing the Tandy back. Or Compy. For some reason, just to throw everyone off.

But the Tandy and Compy have both been eliminated completely back in 2006.

The only computer I see happening now is the Zappy XT6. That's that floating computer that Strong Bad would get within five years (that was back in 2007). It was on a DVD-exclusive email, in which Strong Bad is asked about the loss of his old accent and that Strong Sad predicts that in five years, SB's voice will be more different.

So I have a feeling that if SB does get a new computer, it will be the Zappy XT6 from a DVD-only-email, like so:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:13 pm 

Like other people have already said, Too many things were lost in this email (the Lappy, the New Paper, his desk) to show any definite sign of his return. However, personally I like the sbmails and I see it coming back.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:31 pm 

blimf123 wrote:
Like other people have already said, Too many things were lost in this email (the Lappy, the New Paper, his desk) to show any definite sign of his return. However, personally I like the sbmails and I see it coming back.
The other two things I'll give you, but hasn't he "lost" his desk several times already?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:34 pm 

I saw this email on my wii's internet browser, it was the most glitched up thing I ever saw!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:14 pm 

After seeing this, all I can say is... wow. It's nice to see Strong Bad getting back to his e-mails (at least I hope he is), and maybe he destroyed the Lappy to begin afresh. I liked the callbacks to previous e-mails, and hope that the TBC are starting Strong Bad Emails again, especially after teasing us for so long. But that's just me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:13 pm 

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone... I figured he'd do the lappy in after SBCG4AP finished... and whaddaya know, he did. As for more, I speculate they'll come. he wouldn't mention that he'll have to get a another paper if he wasn't planning a (don't call it a) comeback... if it truly is a comeback, then they will abound.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:17 pm 

"And THAT is what I call a Comeback!!!!"

Yes. Just, yes. Glad to have the wrestle guy out of retirement. And even more glad to have explosions. Hope this isn't the last e-mail, but if it was, then it was the best way to end 'em.

6/5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 pm 

CaptainPastHisPrime wrote:
Power Crunch wrote:
So I have a feeling that if SB does get a new computer, it will be the Zappy XT6 from a DVD-only-email, like so:

If he was going to get the Zappy in the future like that email fortold, he would eventually lose his current accent/voice too like that email fortold. I think that was just a sloppy prediction (it was a joke.).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:57 pm 

Homestar Thanks for loaning me your rake

ahahaha

4/5

Maybe we can look forward to a new computer. :-|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next