Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Hremail3184
So popular now-a days 52%  52%  [ 76 ]
Saturn ring 'splosion 27%  27%  [ 39 ]
Oh Child! 10%  10%  [ 15 ]
Steak Sandwhich 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
Dooj! 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 146
 Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184 (Strong Bad Email 201)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:21 am 

SlyFoxDeveraux wrote:
This wasn't a great Sbemail by any means, but the return to Strong Bad E-Mails is extremely important to the success of the website, and I think they made a good move bringing them back. The actual specific one where they return to it was bound to be gimmicky and not fantastic, but that's unimportant.

Some people (I think TBC included) have underestimated the need for these cartoons to be seen through the lens of Strong Bad's viewpoint. As ridiculous as he can be, he's really far FAR more normal than most of the other characters, and thus having someone with whom we can relate, who gets that what's going on is strange and absurd and has enough knowledge of societal normals, common sense, pop culture and current events that the word can seem familiar...

...Strong Bad's not my favorite character, nor do I find him to be the funniest character, but he is a great and necessary main character. I think the cartoons where Homestar is the main character don't work nearly as well.
I agree with everything you say 100%. He speaks english, for one. IMA, SB is flexible, and his range of emotions is flexible, which makes his reactions to other characters more real. (Unlike a character like Strong Sad where it's uncomfortable when he's happy, or Bubs, where it's uncomfortable to see him sad.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:07 am 

Neoxon312 wrote:
Cloverstardrop wrote:
HstrRnr wrote:
Because he has 201, and the funnier :hr: has only 3 or 4. It's gone on for 8 years, people! We don't need more emails from :sb: !

THANK YOU! Somebody agrees with me for once! Well didn't homestar actually have like 60+ hremails? And I agree,I thought hremails were WAY funnier! I love when Homestar made fun of Shadow Homestar in that one :mrgreen:

I personally dislike hremails (with hremail 2000 the only acception). Though, it's your opinion, & I respect that.

You know, I liked hremails okay. But I couldn't see them being as funny as sbemails for as long as sbemails have lasted. I mean, 100 hremails would probably have been pretty stale. Besides, it's obvious from the fact that hremails were never added outside of the NEW STUFF menus that they were meant to only be part of a story arc so TBC could take a long long break from sbemails (which I'm sure they wanted). They were never meant to be a permanent site fixture or a replacement for sbemails.

They just wanted fans to wonder whether or not sbemails would come back (they probably weren't sure, and waited until they felt like doing it again)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:58 pm 

...Oh my God.

Does this mean - I mean I don't even - what do we -

Me: "It's like my whole world's been turned upside down!"
My little brother: "Or it's just been turned right side up."

..So the Lappy is dead and the New Paper burned. What will happen? Is this really a triumphant return? Are we being taunted? What could possibly happen now that the Brothers Chaps caved and gave the fans what they begged for?

And of course, what will it mean to me that I will only be able to respond on my mother's lappy, my own lappy having died i a milk-related accident? We'll see. We'll see.

And now, gobbledegook from the aforementioned brother:

vjti65ezu5zuaut5uj6yzi6t5i6ti,86,8i6sxi86x,68i6,x,8u58.58i6.i969.7.96796966969.i6x9.69.i6.96.969.696.96.96ry6iyitikyikyikyiuiyiyiyt7i797iyjyhkiyti7titykhyiyikyhmhkiuipoop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:38 pm 

I like how TBC mess with us so much. They continued the emails, but in a way that makes it seem like it won't continue anymore.

I'm very sure it will, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few weeks, just to get people thinking. It is an email though, so that's a start... Also, I found it very funny, which is good too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:23 am 

yarrunmace wrote:
If that happened, then they would change the e-mail menu like the other times. Besides that, a decent 4-star cartoon

Actually, not every time. For a short amount of time Strong Bad was absent but the Compy still there in an email menu. Change the ".html" at the end of the URL to ".swf" to see what I mean.

Anybody notice the fact that The Cheat didn't help Stro Bro Destroy his computer? I found that interesting..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 am 

Duuude... if this email was an explosion it would be like DOOOOOOOOOJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ!!!! [firehose-sized stream of spit gushes out of mouth] Then it'd be like.....GAH-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHJJJJJJJJJ!!! [pool flies out of mouth]

That's not my wife.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:05 pm 

Like I said before, Strong Bad Emails is never coming back and this is just a sick April Fool joke. Wait, it was released in June. Darn. For once in my life, I'm wrong. Aw well. :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: / :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:48 pm 

Wow, that was pretty awesome! SBemails are finally back, with added spittle, but I just didn't feel like the Lappy really needed to go. I mean, he was blowing it up just because he felt he could? Wasn't the Lappy like, his favourite computer? Well, anyway, despite the random computer blower-uppery, I'm going to give this a...
4/5!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:56 am 

SenorSterrance wrote:
Wow, that was pretty awesome! SBemails are finally back, with added spittle, but I just didn't feel like the Lappy really needed to go. I mean, he was blowing it up just because he felt he could? Wasn't the Lappy like, his favourite computer? Well, anyway, despite the random computer blower-uppery, I'm going to give this a...
4/5!

He blew his computer up because he didn't want someone else to blow it up or destroy it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 am 

I loved this e-mail. I don't know why, but something about it I just really liked. Possibly the fact that it's a return to sbemails, idk, but i loved it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:24 am 

Location: Conquering nations for the Strong Badian Empire...But We're in Space!...and Texas
Yeah, I liked it. It musta been the explosions. That also explains why I like MythBusters.

HRWiki Userpage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:44 am 

*checks sbemails for the first time in a good half year and practically has a heart attack.*

Holy crap guys, that was my email. I sent that like, forever ago. *_*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:26 pm 

This was a good email because Strong Bad makes a comeback to his emails. The only thing I didn't like was that the Lappy died.

Speaking of the Lappy, someone said that he brought her back to life,but has a different name.

Here's another video how she was brought back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:03 pm 

Awexome wrote:
http://www.homestarrunner.com/hremail3184.html

http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/hremail3184

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AMAZING! So...many...inside refernces. I can't feel my brain.

Oh boy. Strong Bad's gonna get a new computer (finally) and a new Paper? Time to speculate.

RIP Lappy 486
On the Half Side of SBEmails Lappy 486 is dead for now
But... Strong Bad Email fans have to crys
So Long Lapppy 486 Goodbye
and HELLO To Compé
:-(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6