Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Hremail3184
So popular now-a days 52%  52%  [ 76 ]
Saturn ring 'splosion 27%  27%  [ 39 ]
Oh Child! 10%  10%  [ 15 ]
Steak Sandwhich 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
Dooj! 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 146
 Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:37 pm 

Hmm. I'm kind of disappointed with this one. It wasn't worth waiting three weeks for. It seemed like a bunch of random jokes somewhat related to explosions mixed with TBC trying to make it as obvious as possible that sbemails are coming back. I think splitting this toon in half, having one sbemail only about the comeback and then another one about explosions, would make it more enjoyable. The whole mixture thing was awkward and clumsy for me.

I think The Lappy was the funniest character in the toon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 pm 

YES! More sbemails. New computer and paper! Finally the internet is justifying it's existence!

Life is good. :bubs:

ElTruco wrote:
Did anybody notice that the sbemail menu of this week doesn´t have a Scroll Button Song?

They might be working on a new one, or are junking the concept.

Last edited by Heimstern Läufer on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merge double post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:49 pm 

The E-mail makes sense, if you think about it in a different perspective.
Now, first: ignore everything you have ever learned about the H8R universe, ever.
Now, think of it like this (and I'm taking you back to E-mail Thunder to start with, so hang on): There is a man who has had his own TV show where he checks fan E-mails for a long time. He then finds out that there is another man with his own show with just about the same premise.
The first man tries to sabotage the second man's show by destroying his computer, but the second man just gets a new one. Disgusted, the first man lies low for a long time, watching Cheat Commandos (Two Part Episode: Part One Easter Egg) in his basement. Then, the second man's show just gets...burned out, and totally lame. He is giving E-mail shows a bad name. So, the first man gets off his couch, borrows some tools from the only person in town who has a garden, and beats up the second man. The first man then decides that he needs something new for his E-mail show, a new computer. Unfortunately, all he has on hand is a steak sandwich, and after a pathetic attempt to pretend that it's a computer, turns to his old laptop friend for help. The laptop computer, who is also out of practice, tries to say how much she appreciates the first man's return, but kind of botches the whole thing up. The man then asks if she belongs to the disturbing old homeless person who lives on their street. The homeless person, who has probably not eaten in a long time, then shows up, claims that the steak sandwich is his computer, and steals it. He is so preoccupied with his new lunch that he doesn't notice that he is walking in place. The first man then proceeds to answer the E-mail in the typical and hilarious style of his show. Since the E-mail is about explosions, and he was thinking of getting rid of his computer anyway, he decides to blow his computer up in a fantastic way. (As he also notes, this will stop the second man from beating him to the punch.)
Now does it make sense?

"Maybe now that the HStarRwiki forums have killed off the best topic, everyone will go over to http://strongbadiathefree.forumotion.com/forum.htm so that I can get myself promoted!" -from Dangeresque 3.141592654: Uzi-Bazooka's Conquest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:26 pm 

I can see where you coming from, and yes, it makes sense, but here's where my problem is: Why should I forget everything I already know about H*R? If it doesn't fit in with the existing canon, that's a fault that I don't think your approach really addresses.

Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:34 pm 

I think the email was Ok,I gave it a :sb: :sb: :sb: :homsar: / :sb: :sb: :sb: :homsar: :hr: ,
At first when It started with Homestar I was like-Ugh..This is pathetic for a Hremail.-Then Strongbad came and beat up Homestar and I couldn't stop laughing,but Strongbad Killing of The Lappy does seem out of character,even if it were to eventually happen-Besides look how he treated it in Cliffhangers and Retirement,then look at Virus and see how he reacted to the Compy's death.

Last edited by DarkLugiaMaster-Gir on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:50 pm 

Groovy Dudette wrote:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

I can't BELIEVE he went ahead and did it himself! He blew up his own lappy! He actually blew it up! Here I was thinking that he would take it hard when it died. But nope...

Well, he did take it hard at first when the Tandy blew up, but he got over it quickly and replaced it with the Compy all by himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:58 pm 

To summarize how I feel about this in one ridiculously long word: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P. Lappy and What Paper SB was using.

The financial aid office
is closed on Tuesdays
and steer clear of the beef stroganov at the dining hall.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:06 pm 

That... Was... AWWWWWEEESSSSOOOMMMEEE!!!!!

The triumphant return of SBEmails! (He said comeback ya know. That means he's coming back.) Time to speculate on a new computer.

RIP Lappy. 2004-2009
RIP New Paper. 2007-2009

Wow. I wonder if there will be a bridge email before he gets another computer (like weird dream)

5/5 for the toon/hremail/sbemail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:22 pm 

So does this mean a... Pentium processor... is on the way???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:23 pm 

Well, this one certainly contains the second instance of Coach Z's angry eyes. The first instance hasn't been added in Kick-a-Ball's trivia section yet, has it?

And let's hope Strong Bad backed up his text files before he blew off the roof.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:29 pm 

I give it a 4/5, Homestar being beaten with garden tools was hilarious, as were a few other spots. Some of the jokes were just weird, but I'm just glad that Sbemails are back.

Next week, the Zappy XT6. I'm calling it.

Anyone else notice that the Lappy SBemail Menu "random.bat" has Strong Bad's voice even though he's not even in the room?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:30 pm 

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Senor Cardgage's walking. That's completely out of character; it's basically a ripoff of Homsar's bit. The two characters are way too similar if they give Senor Cardgage the ability to bend reality.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:51 pm 

hremail3184 appeared in the sbemail menu as the first new item in a long time, so they might plan on coming back.

Post subject: Something Else
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:55 pm 

Hey, I'm right!
Waddle Dee from Yesterday wrote:
Also, I'm thinking there's a 5.5% chance of this being SBEmail 201.

I'm so glad SBEmails are back, but I'm going to miss having 'toons & shorts besides SBEmails. Well, TBC accomplished a lot during Strong Bad's break and now it's time to get back onto business. Strong Bad, may your quest for a new computer be successful!

:sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :homsar: / :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb:

Anybody else had an idea that The Brothers Chap went on this forum and took everything we said/type & rolled it into a epic victory? Because I remember people on here saying they wanted a Bubs & Coach Z scene like in Happy Fireworks and somebody saying the Lappy will retire. Who knows... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:56 pm 

I give this 5/5, but am left completely wondering whether sbemails will continue. I was thinking they were dead, with the hremails just poking fun at 'em, but this gives a chance of them coming back while simultaneously destroying the Lappy and both Papers. It seems that if sbemails continue they will probably have a different computer and paper. I wonder if SB will move to a basic GUI (like Windows 3.1) or just a slightly newer ancient computer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:08 pm 

I kind of like it, but it was disappointing the Lappy died. I'll also miss having other shorts. 4/5

Check out my deviantART! http://bubblerevolution.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:48 pm 

You know, I was really excited about the fact that Sbemails were gone forever.

And somehow, in five minutes, I've become really excited about their don't-call-it-a-comeback. Probably because this was just so well done. The recent Sbemails had gotten a little... out of practice, but if this is what a 2009 Sbemail looks like, I'm looking forward to the rest of them. We can only hope they don't get in the way of the major cartoons.

Flaws? Not so much. The steak sandwich was actually pretty funny, and it was a perfect representation of Strong Bad's uneasiness with his old Sbemail style. Senor Cardgage was maybe a bit too surreal, but that particular effect worked well with him, just like the KoT's infamous donut rush, which I thought was great (it's a cartoon, guys). I can understand why the spitting might have been gross to some people, but that whole scene was excellent, especially Strong Sad's "Ptoo." The explosion clip show was satisfying in that explosive way, and... oh, yes, the Lappy's death. Possibly just a little out of character. But I think Strong Bad, like many of us, realized that a new age of Sbemails called for some refreshment. And let's not forget what happened when he simply threw away his old computers.

5/5.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:05 pm 

In my opinion, I think this was ok. I liked the beginning part where Strong Bad hits Homestar 3 times.
The steak-sandwich as a computer part was ok, but it really wasn't Strong Bad.
I did NOT get the Senor Cardgage walking away part.
The rest was ok.
I give it a 3/5.
Offtopic: It feels good to post again. Haven't been on in so long...
2 SECOND LATER EDIT: After voting, I feel this is overrated. 27 5 Stars (?) and 11 4 Stars (?).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:10 pm 

That was incredibly awesome. I'm hoping SBmails will comeback, but the toons have been really funny lately so I'm fine if we don't get anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:10 pm 

I always hated Marzipan -_-. But this toon was very surprising O_O, in a good way. :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: / :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: 5/5

Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184 (Strong Bad Email 201)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:47 pm 

Aww...I'm gonna miss original content.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:48 pm 

And HstrRnr said sbemails were gone for good. Best comeback ever. Can't wait to see how he replaces the Lappy (probably by stealing Homestar's computer).

:sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: / :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:54 pm 

So, I was at the desk at my work experience. I didn't have any work to do and wasn't really experiencing anything, so I loaded up hrwiki.org to see if that new toon they promised was up yet.

Strong Bad Email

I saw these words, and was almost literally paralyzed for a few minutes. Of course, I couldn't watch the toon in the office, so when I watched the toon, it came after about five hours of intense speculation.

The e-mail was funny (I mean, come on, it's a sbemail!) but I wouldn't put it in my personal favourites. I'd say 4/5. And at least I liked the Cardgage walking bit!

Charlie Jr. wrote:
Well, this one certainly contains the second instance of Coach Z's angry eyes. The first instance hasn't been added in Kick-a-Ball's trivia section yet, has it?

That has the potential to become another Strong Bad Smiling...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:53 pm 

That was so funny! I couldn't stop laughing! Definitely worth the couple of week's of time we had to wait! 5/5!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 pm 

ckool5000 wrote:
That was so funny! I couldn't stop laughing! Definitely worth the couple of week's of time we had to wait! 5/5!

Well worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:11 pm 

flicky1991 wrote:
{About Coach Z looking mad} That has the potential to become another Strong Bad Smiling...

No one ever said anything like that about the first showing of Marzipan's teeth in "Cool Things." Maybe the Remarks section in Kick-a-Ball would be another option.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:03 am 

If this is the End of SBEmails, Then I gonna Felt Unhappy.

Since Now he Blowed Up his Computer, and The New Paper. There ain't gonna be more SBEMails. I'm Sad. :-(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:26 am 

If this is the beginning of the return of Sbemails, then it sure was a great way to bring 'em back. The opening was definitely the best part, what with the garden tools and the tiring out of the hremails. A few things fell were lame and/or out-of-character (Cardgage's odd walking in particular), but overall it was a pretty solid email. I give it a 4/5 and look forward to see what TBC do with sbemails next week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:44 am 

You know, I take back my earlier post. It wasn't that good, especially for three weeks wait. I'm re-rating it to a 4/5... Especially since 5/5 is supposed to be, like, Hall Of Fame awesomeness.... But note that I'm rounding it down from a 4.4/5.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 am 

Since email 200 technically wasn't answered or even really addressed to Strong Bad, wouldn't this technically be the 200th email? And if so, wouldn't that have made Strong Sad right that the Lappy wouldn't make it out alive(although he was more so reading off as something to bet on) ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next