Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Hremail3184
So popular now-a days 52%  52%  [ 76 ]
Saturn ring 'splosion 27%  27%  [ 39 ]
Oh Child! 10%  10%  [ 15 ]
Steak Sandwhich 6%  6%  [ 9 ]
Dooj! 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 146
 Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184 (Strong Bad Email 201)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:48 am 

aww MAN! i was hoping the new toon would be a 20X6... :((

still... pretty good though ;)

my tongue is green.

pure genius...

(bursts into laughter)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:34 am 

Now that's what I call a comeback! ∞/∞

I think the question of the whether sbmails have returned is ridiculous. I also don't understand why the wiki lists it as a hrmail. It's on Denny's menu. I'm looking forward to a new scroll button song. Maybe even the ability to use the scroll button on my mouse. I don't think the Lappy explosion was out of character. He has shown before great sadness at the perceived lose of a computer which he later happily discarded. He also wanted to do his comeback as kick awesome as he could. The occasion calls for it.

Since the "original" paper came back, are we getting the new paper or a new new paper? What is there left to do? A scanner? Maybe he'll scan pictures.

edit: I didn't know we supported censorship.

Last edited by Heimstern Läufer on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Edited for language.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:41 am 

Wow, that was awesome!

I was a little disappointed to see it was another Hremail, and then I was pleasantly surprised! Then I was disappointed Strong Bad was killing off the Lappy, but the spectacularness of it more than made up for it, not to mention the fact that he probably grew tired of it/her in the eight months we haven't seen them together. As for the rest of it, GOLD!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:51 am 

Anyone notice that we finally got to see a :bubs: eye view of the shotgun?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:40 am 

Oh...my...gawrsh.

They actually did it. With a bang.
Awesome. Awesome enough to drag me out of my short forum-tierment, (expect this to be a big post,) which I was about to finish of anyway.

5/5, Guys.

Good Parts:
"Oh child!"
The whole spit sequence.
The Garden Weasel
The Gardenboy

Also, I going to go bump the "Strong Bad's next computer" thread. (Edit: It was bumped, thanks guys.
On an unrelated note, The Ghostbusters video game is one of the best games I have ever played, and the best of 2009, so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:56 am 

Oh no,not more sbemails! X-( *Sigh* well it was pretty funny,the opening was the best. I loved Senor Cardgages weird walking part :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:01 am 

ckool5000 wrote:
You know, I take back my earlier post. It wasn't that good, especially for three weeks wait. I'm re-rating it to a 4/5... Especially since 5/5 is supposed to be, like, Hall Of Fame awesomeness.... But note that I'm rounding it down from a 4.4/5.

I didn't really see it as having to wait. I mean, I knew they'd probably come back eventually and just enjoyed the other toons for the time being. I'm excited it's back and all but I mean, I thought it was fairly solid. But you're right it probably wasn't 5/5 so much as a 4/5 toon in general.

I also doubt they'll focus on sbemails as much as in the past if they come back. And space them out more than they used to. I also can see them NOT giving us a sbemail next week, just cuz. lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:41 am 

i liked the quick montage of all his computers exploding, that was quite cool, but i think it would've been nicer if the e-mail itself didn't scream (the lappys gunna die) cuz thats immediatly what i thought when i read the word "exlpode" in the subjet line

but overall, i thought it was good. 4/5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:41 am 

Next computer will be Terminal D6 just remember I called it from the foreshadowing in Sbemaliarized(spelling?)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:53 am 

Stinkosar wrote:
Next computer will be Terminal D6 just remember I called it from the foreshadowing in Sbemaliarized(spelling?)

I agree. P.D. The typing sound of Terminal D6 looks similar to the Corpy XT6

Happy Tree Friends and Homestar Runner forever!!!!

I´ll do more translations in Spanish soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:39 am 

I wish the Steaky Steak 6 ME was the new compy. :(
Lappy's dogweeks comment was fantastic. As was this whole toon! Hadn't realised how much I missed sbemails, but I must have done. However, Coach Z's bits were the highlight. And baibai, Lappy & Paper or New Paper. Hmm, what now? =P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:33 pm 

Cloverstardrop wrote:
Oh no,not more sbemails! X-( *Sigh* well it was pretty funny,the opening was the best. I loved Senor Cardgages weird walking part :mrgreen:

How can you hate sbemails, they're awesome (especially this one)!

Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:41 pm 

Heimstern Läufer wrote:
(About Uzi-Bazooka's earlier post, attempting to explain the E-mail for those who just don't get it)I can see where you coming from, and yes, it makes sense, but here's where my problem is: Why should I forget everything I already know about H*R? If it doesn't fit in with the existing canon, that's a fault that I don't think your approach really addresses.

This is Homestar Runner dot-com. They barely even have an existing canon, and that's why I enjoy it so much. Characters can always become completely out of character.
Here's an example of one we should all know about: originally (in "Marshmallow's Last Stand" or in "The Reddest Radish"), Strong Bad thought of Homestar as his worst enemy. Now, he mostly just sees him as a nuisance (merely groaning when he comes in, or even being nice to him in, say, "Homestar Presents: Presents" or in "Baddest of the Bands").
Of course, going even unnecessarily further, in this E-mail, he hits Homestar Runner with all sorts of painful gardening supplies (that garden weasel...nasty!)
And while we are talking about the gardening tools scene, let us just take a look at these two: :hr: :marzi:
Everybody knows these two are dating, right?
Except for the innumerable times when Marzipan has said she's breaking up with him, or gotten mad at him (or helped Strong Bad mash his face with a garden weasel.)(Examples:
"Baddest of the Bands", "love poems". "Strong Badia the Free")
That is why I always approach every new toon without thinking of the others. When I want to over-over-over-analyze Homestar Runner, I'll look at the wiki. That's what it's there for.

"Maybe now that the HStarRwiki forums have killed off the best topic, everyone will go over to http://strongbadiathefree.forumotion.com/forum.htm so that I can get myself promoted!" -from Dangeresque 3.141592654: Uzi-Bazooka's Conquest

Last edited by Uzi-Bazooka on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 pm 

Neoxon312 wrote:
Cloverstardrop wrote:

Because he has 201, and the funnier :hr: has only 3 or 4. It's gone on for 8 years, people! We don't need more emails from :sb: !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:58 pm 

HstrRnr wrote:
Neoxon312 wrote:
Cloverstardrop wrote:

Because he has 201, and the funnier :hr: has only 3 or 4. It's gone on for 8 years, people! We don't need more emails from :sb: !

I personally don't like hremails much, but that's just me. You have your own opinion, & I respect that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:59 pm 

I thought this email was hilarious!
It was worth the wait!

Last edited by BugNinja on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:59 pm 

Also, he can't have just 2 emails when I sent him 6 during his break.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:00 pm 

BugNinja wrote:
I thought this email was hilarious!
I was worth the wait!

Well worth the wait, indeed, my friend.

Last edited by Neoxon312 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:00 pm 

I wonder what the new paper is going to be like

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:01 pm 

BugNinja wrote:

Hope it looks good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:02 pm 

Neoxon312 wrote:
BugNinja wrote:

Hope it looks good.

Probably it might look like the old paper.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:03 pm 

BugNinja wrote:
Neoxon312 wrote:
BugNinja wrote:

Hope it looks good.

Probably it might look like the old paper.

Maybe something new, like a paper that DOESN'T RUN OUT OF INK ALL THE TIME!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:06 pm 

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:
This is Homestar Runner dot-com. They barely even have an existing canon, and that's why I enjoy it so much. Characters can always become completely out of character.

Eh, I don't really agree with your assessment. The characters do in fact have certain characteristics they tend to adhere to. The example you gave of HR and SB is one that's changed a lot from the early days, it's true, but in the modern canon, it's remained pretty steady. So are Marzipan and Homestar: steady at being unsteady in their relationship, that is.
Uzi-Bazooka wrote:
That is why I always approach every new toon without thinking of the others. When I want to over-over-over-analyze Homestar Runner, I'll look at the wiki. That's what it's there for.

I guess that's really where the breakdown is. After all, I'm one of the folks that runs the wiki. So over-over-over-analyzing is second nature to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:23 pm 

Heimstern Läufer wrote:
I guess that's really where the breakdown is. After all, I'm one of the folks that runs the wiki. So I think it's over-over-over-analyzing is second nature to me.

I just fix up anything you guys miss on the Wiki (like the 2 Part Episode: Part 2 on "Without plastic crap to win,...").

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:20 pm 

PLEASE COULD YOU ALL STOP USING SMILIES FOR PEOPLES NAMES! Thank you. It annoys me.

Anyway, I'm glad Strong Bad has continued Sbemail Checkin', but I didn't like this email.

Something else that wound me up, The new Sbemail menu.

Why? I watch older toons & Sbemails on my Wii. But now, the menu's a blank Lappy Screen, So I can't watch them! And I'm not going through all the trouble of going on HR wiki or remembering all the adresses, like a bunch of you saddos.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:25 pm 

ASongFromThe60s wrote:
PLEASE COULD YOU ALL STOP USING SMILIES FOR PEOPLES NAMES! Thank you. It annoys me.

Anyway, I'm glad Strong Bad has continued Sbemail Checkin', but I didn't like this email.

Why? I watch older toons & Sbemails on my Wii. But now, the menu's a blank Lappy Screen, So I can't watch them! And I'm not going through all the trouble of going on HR wiki or remembering all the adresses, like a bunch of you saddos.

Yeah, modern toons barely work on Wii. Maybe the Chaps will make a page just for Wii.

Post subject: Re: Hremail 3184
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:32 pm 

HstrRnr wrote:
The emails from him went on long enough, and Homestar got a cut-short chance.

I didn't like hremails that much from the start (just my opinion, you may have your own). Sbemail's return was the gods answering my prayers. Just accept it,

SBEMAILS ARE BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!!! (unless the Chaps stop here, though that may not seem likely since they now have to make enough emails to fill the 7th Sbemail DVD).

Last edited by Neoxon312 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:33 pm 

Neoxon312 wrote:
ASongFromThe60s wrote:

Yeah, modern toons barely work on Wii. Maybe the Chaps will make a page just for Wii.

I don't mind the toons, that just misses out peoples mouthes and that kinda stuff, but they should at least do the menus the old way!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 pm 

ASongFromThe60s wrote:
Neoxon312 wrote:
ASongFromThe60s wrote:

I don't mind the toons, that just misses out peoples mouthes and that kinda stuff, but they should at least do the menus the old way!

I wouldn't mind that. That way, I can actually watch Sbemails without going to the Wiki over & over (which I don't mind for anything except being forced on there to watch Sbemails).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:39 pm 

:) Exactly my point!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next