Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Yes, no good, bad?
5/5 – It's sawesome! 53%  53%  [ 47 ]
4/5 – It's Count longaerdauxs strong badians jerkianary fo mah own words! 31%  31%  [ 27 ]
3/5 – It's a regular dictionary 15%  15%  [ 13 ]
2/5 – Ehhh paunch smell 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1/5 – It's a gutterance 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 88
 Post subject: Re: Sbemail #204 Dictionary
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:54 am 

Costrick wrote:
Stiny wrote:
ripberger894 wrote:
Right, let's see...

A bit too random and free-associative, perhaps. And a few too many inside jokes - "Oh, that looks sinful" will make absolutely zero sense to new viewers.

On the other hand, it was excellent somehow. I found myself laughing throughout the entire thing. Even the bizarre frequency of random interruptions was hilarious, and I think it would actually work well if they decided to use that as the new style.

So, I don't know. I'm somewhere between a 3 and a 5; I guess I'll go with 4/5 for now.

Thanks for typing my review for me. He didn't really, but I agree with him on everything and now I won't have to type. And Costrick, you got any proof?

I really wish I did but I sent my email on a closed account 2 months ago. Sorry :-( That was really stupid of me. I don't blame you if you don't believe me.

Well, I believe you. How else could you have come up with such a specific explanation for "Costrick"?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:59 am 

Location: Conquering nations for the Strong Badian Empire...But We're in Space!...and Texas
Strong Bad missed a nickname: Costa Rica(n).

HRWiki Userpage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:04 am 

I'll pretty much give anything a 5/5 if Homsar has a speaking part in it. My Zune is named Homsar. :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :p

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:56 am 

That was a really great sbemail. Especially the index of suffixes. I wonder if I can use a few of those in a future Troperiffic Calvinball match. Something ending in "-valanche" could be Strong Bad's special ability... especially because he's the only one still left on my field after the location changed...

Where was I? Oh, yeah. The sbemail. Great idea putting in the infinite-loop "see also" trap. But how'd Homsar get past that? And I guess Virtual Paper is now the Compe-per... No, my keyboard cannot make accented characters. It is a cool name choice, though. Goes well with the rest of the Compe theme. I just hope this doesn't create more Wild Mass Guessings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:37 pm 

Costrick wrote:
Stiny wrote:
ripberger894 wrote:
Right, let's see...

A bit too random and free-associative, perhaps. And a few too many inside jokes - "Oh, that looks sinful" will make absolutely zero sense to new viewers.

On the other hand, it was excellent somehow. I found myself laughing throughout the entire thing. Even the bizarre frequency of random interruptions was hilarious, and I think it would actually work well if they decided to use that as the new style.

So, I don't know. I'm somewhere between a 3 and a 5; I guess I'll go with 4/5 for now.

Thanks for typing my review for me. He didn't really, but I agree with him on everything and now I won't have to type. And Costrick, you got any proof?

I really wish I did but I sent my email on a closed account 2 months ago. Sorry :-( That was really stupid of me. I don't blame you if you don't believe me.

I still don't believe you, but I have higher hopes now. How do I know that you impersonated the real Costrick and came up with a suitable explanation for his name? And I SWEAR I will get revenge on whoever did send the email for sending it cause if they didn't my email would've been answered for sure!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:36 pm 

The way SB says "Better go see if someone can go pee-pees in um potty all by hwimswelf" is such a ribtickler. And yes, it does seem there will be a new wallpaper for every email.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:04 pm 

Stiny wrote:
I still don't believe you, but I have higher hopes now. How do I know that you impersonated the real Costrick and came up with a suitable explanation for his name? And I SWEAR I will get revenge on whoever did send the email for sending it cause if they didn't my email would've been answered for sure!!

Logic does not confine you, does it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 pm 

Well, I loved this one. In short, consistent humour and in-jokes a-plenty. Oh, and Homestar's Easter egg at the end was quite hilarious, and the "see also" trap. 5/5, methinks.

Post subject: Fwd: See also, "Brain for brains"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 pm 

Costrick wrote:
Alright, first post!

I've been a lurker of the forums for about a year. I finally decided to join because of this sbemail.

Why, you may ask?

Because back when the first hremail appeared, I decided email Strong Bad so that way, if he returned, mine would be one of the first emails to appear. This is my email. You might not believe but I swear this is mine.

By the way, the reason the name is Costrick is because of Cosmo of the Fairly Oddparents and Patrick Star. And yes I really do use sawesome in conversations.

First off, congraturations, if what you say is true!

Costrick wrote:

Don't worry, just take a screenshot next time.

sjclock wrote:
What :homsar: said in the easter egg was *gasp* almost coherent!

You're right! But I'm too lazy to figure out which of his dialogs have also made sense.

ripberger894 wrote:
Right, let's see...

Same here. I found it funny, and I have no idea why! I gave it a 5/5, as I found it a good ("Don't call it a comeback!") comeback ("Aww...") to sbemails. Also, I did enjoy the first appearance of the "Shut Up, Lady" for the first time in almost a year and a half! And yes, there do appear to be a lot of inside jokes, I noticed:
  • I saw Count Longardeaux coming a mile away.
  • I recognized the background and music from "Coach Z's 110%".
  • Paunch, I've heard it before, but I'm not too familiar with it.
  • The hesitant applause that was also heard in The First Decemberween.
  • Onion Bubs! Onion Buuubs! Onion Buuuubs!
  • Who can't forget Homestar with the viking hat, as seen in "the movies"?

Those are the ones I got off of the bat skimming through the email again, though of course, I was reminded of a a lot more in the list.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:52 pm 

Monkeytender wrote:
Eric the orange wrote:
and the poll options need to be more clear.

It confuses me when people say this. Just because there isn't a number there, doesn't mean it isn't obvious that "sawsome" is better than "gutterance".

Hey I think gutterance sounds cool...

but really it's just a clarity thing. Generally most people start with five and go down to one. But sometimes its the other way around so it's always a good idea to number them.

Post subject: Re: Fwd: See also, "Brain for brains"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:58 pm 

Soiled Bargains wrote:
Paunch, I've heard it before, but I'm not too familiar with it.

The cheat making a commercial for "paunch berrys" flavored ice cream in "Where U Goin' 2".

here's a link to that toon.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/whereugoin2.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:46 am 

I must admit. The bottom 10 reference won the email for me. I'm caught between 4 and 5...

(On another note, first post, woo... I've lurked this place for a long time now. At least two years. Don't know why I never signed up...)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:53 am 

"This suckquake of a movie is a complete wastenado of my seven bucksonsoon."

$5 says some reviewer on YouTube uses this line, first given chance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:42 pm 

meh, i didnt really enjoy it that much

the only part i laughed at was when homestar was stuck with all the "see alsos"
man, if i had a nickel for every time thats happened to me

oh, did anyone notice that after strong sad says "my pauwnche does not smell!" (or some variation of that) strong sad can be seen on the stage with everyone else when they say "yes it does!"? someone may have posted that, but i didnt read all the posts before me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:07 pm 

did anyone else notice the SNL reference there, the "quotient quotable" is a reference to "potent potables" from SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:50 pm 

Location: Conquering nations for the Strong Badian Empire...But We're in Space!...and Texas
Kirbythebanshee wrote:
meh, i didnt really enjoy it that much

the only part i laughed at was when homestar was stuck with all the "see alsos"
man, if i had a nickel for every time thats happened to me

oh, did anyone notice that after strong sad says "my pauwnche does not smell!" (or some variation of that) strong sad can be seen on the stage with everyone else when they say "yes it does!"? someone may have posted that, but i didnt read all the posts before me

YES IT DOES I DID!

HRWiki Userpage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:39 am 

Hey! Strong Bad stole "crapvalanche" from me! I say that word all the time!

I really liked this email because I also have a dictionary's worth of words I've made up, such as my favorite, trultitasking {for when you are multitasking with 3 things). For some reason, I feel this email would have been better if they removed the Onion Bubs easter egg. And maybe the broodroscotch being poured on. However, the Homsar scene more than made up for Onion Bubs. I played it over again like 10 times!

Costrick wrote:

Simple solution: You tell us what that email address was. Then we email The Brother Chap and ask them for the address of the sender of this email. If they verify it, then we know you're legit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:10 am 

If they ever reply. Don't they get, like, 4,000 e-mails a day?

But yeah, this emailonsoon was a groodvornado oneforestfire.

HRWiki Userpage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:40 am 

tojo940 wrote:
Simple solution: You tell us what that email address was. Then we email The Brother Chap and ask them for the address of the sender of this email. If they verify it, then we know you're legit.

Except that this would be a privacy violation on TBC's part to tell strangers the email address of some random person who emailed SB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:19 pm 

Not unless you asked them if it was a specific email address (the email address that Costrick gives us). I guess it could work...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:45 pm 

it had some pretty funny moments, although it could've been better.
for instance, the final graauuunncscsch sound was pretty similar to the sound sb made for coach z...i think due to the amount of time i've been coming to the site i'm giving it a bit of slack when i say it's a 4.

the homestar easter egg hit the spot.

Post subject: That's some good eyesight.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:03 pm 

Strong Vader wrote:
If they ever reply. Don't they get, like, 4,000 e-mails a day?

Homestar Runner Wiki's article on Flashforward 2006 Seattle wrote:
…While booting up their laptop, one could glimpse "3726 unread emails" on Matt's user profile.…

Mind you, that's just 2006. Who knows how many they get now!

tojo940 wrote:
I feel this email would have been better if they removed the Onion Bubs easter egg.

But who doesn't love Onion Bubs, if not for that cheering lady?

Last edited by Soiled Bargains on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:52 pm 

That was excellent. I laughed out loud multiple times. I'm torn between a 4 and a 5, but for the sake of making my 5's rare, I'm rounding down.

I especially liked the term "suckquake" and Onion Bubs. Also, "hurl!" "Tooth!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:53 pm 

tojo940 wrote:
For some reason, I feel this email would have been better if they removed the Onion Bubs easter egg.

Really? That was actually one the most hilarious parts of the email for me.

ONION BUBS!!! ONION BUUUBSSS!!! ONION BUUUuuubs....

XD

Post subject: This message is not particularly exciting.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:18 am 

Yeah, Onion Bubs and "HURL!" were my favorite parts.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:03 am 

My friend Philip used to have a Philiptionary, including words like "scrapulate" (which could mean anything you wanted it to), and "vlumming" (having had a sex change operation).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:40 pm 

This made me laugh out loud.

I loved the "Awesome Sauce" at the end (which also doubles as an easter egg.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:20 pm 

I love the fact Onion Bubs won at Family Feud

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:16 pm 

Location: At an Axe Gauntlet concert, booing Axe Gauntlet off the stage
"Suckquake" just landed itself a permanent place in my vocabulary.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:49 pm 

I think :sb: is losing his touch. I didn't find this very amusing. At all. Maybe the Bros. are out of SBEmail practice.

3/5