Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:29 am 

Not crazy about this one at all... I'd give it lame/10. I did think that "bus-chucker club" was pretty cute though. Maybe it was the assonance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:47 am 

Well, come on, it's understandable that this wasn't the greatest SB e-mail ever. Y'all think the bros Chaps would put 100% of their time to their site during the holidays? What with the gifts of the X-Mas, and the post-New Years hangovers. I was actually surprised they even put one out this week...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:44 am 

DaerenRyft wrote:
Eh, 7.5/10 at best. It draws some chuckles the first time through, but if you watch it some more, it gets stale. Homestar talking about 'the gweatest undowsea epoch evow filmed,' he may be spoofing some quotes about the famous film '2000 leagues under the sea.' Moral: Good, but not exactly what I was hoping for after two weeks of waiting.

Why? WHY?? Why do people think they should type out the way Homestar talks? He says "GREATEST" not "Gweatest!" gweatest is NOT A WORD! I understand with Coach Z because it's made a point that he says "Jorb" and not "Job", but come on!

*calms down*

Anyway..this email was ok, I'd give it a good/awexome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:16 pm 

Nevrmore wrote:
DaerenRyft wrote:
Eh, 7.5/10 at best. It draws some chuckles the first time through, but if you watch it some more, it gets stale. Homestar talking about 'the gweatest undowsea epoch evow filmed,' he may be spoofing some quotes about the famous film '2000 leagues under the sea.' Moral: Good, but not exactly what I was hoping for after two weeks of waiting.

Why? WHY?? Why do people think they should type out the way Homestar talks? He says "GREATEST" not "Gweatest!" gweatest is NOT A WORD! I understand with Coach Z because it's made a point that he says "Jorb" and not "Job", but come on!

Exactly. One of my personal pet peeves here. Anyway, I watched it a few more times, and I changed my opinion. Now it's poor/average. So instead of 2/10, this is more like a 5/10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:42 pm 

I wasn't even expecting an email this week. I didn't think it was that bad. It's all right if people don't like it though. By the way, why was Strong Bad under Marzipan's table? Why did he have to sneek past Homestar? Wait a minute...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:09 pm 

Hysterical Woman wrote:
I wasn't even expecting an email this week. I didn't think it was that bad. It's all right if people don't like it though. By the way, why was Strong Bad under Marzipan's table? Why did he have to sneek past Homestar? Wait a minute...
Whoa, please tell me you're not thinking what I'm thinking that you're thinking. I dunno if that makes sense... He's was probably just there to steal more stuff....with the Grabbo Arm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:03 pm 

I'll agree with the most of you guys- wasn't that good. Only part that got so much as a snicker was Strong Bad's "work uniform". Although I did like the different backgroudn behind lappy, being now in another setting, as well as some practicality in the ol 5 min. battery life. Good to see Pom Pom again, if only for a moment. I guess the email just, so to speak, made sense, albeit not necessarily in a real funny way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:56 pm 

i thought it was gweat (sorry; great) like all the others. However, it wasn't that great. does that even make sense?

anyhoo, did anyone else notice that this email doesn't show up on denny's menu? or does this happen for all new emails?

i'm new here by the way :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:02 pm 

It usually dosn't show up on AOL for awhile but it works everywhere else for me.

It's my band! please listen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:16 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

I thought it was good, especially the Bus-Chucking and the weird Mr. Legarm egg at the end. I must concur that it isn't the best email, but hey, I'm not doing my best schoolwork after the holidays either. I'd like to hear some more opinions on Coach Z's exclamation; when I heard it I had no idea what he said (and still don't)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:44 pm 

It is not that terrible IMO, but it is not that great either. At least pom pom made an appearance. There are worse emails like "old comics" and i didnt care too much for "the facts" either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:19 am 

It was okay... I'm glad the Brothers Chaps did not die in an accident and never ask anyone to succeed them... and Pom Pom bubbled! He's been bubbling since MLS and I don't know why he wasn't (or appearing very much) for like, a long time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:13 am 

WHAAAAA!? Am I the only one who absoltely loved this email? I loved every single line and the comedic timing was spot-on. Homestar and The Cheat's little roles were hysterical, and the two scenes about SB's job were really good too! "You'll be WHAT, now?"

The only bad thing I have to say for it is the sudden ending? But the Easter Egg at the end made up for that. (The sad thing is, Dreamaway Johnny actually has the setup for a really good stageplay- maybe my next fanfic will be the script for it!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:44 am 

Location: Deep in the dark dank blackness of... I mean Melbourne, Australia
Not as good as most. 7/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:02 am 

I didn't think this one was very good.

After it was over, I found myself saying "um... what was that?"

I even watched it two more times so that hopefully it would be funnier the 2nd or 3rd time, and was kinda hoping that maybe i was just in a weird state of mind, and that it was better than i thought it was upon first veiwing.

It wasn't. Now, none of the emails are really that bad exactly.... But this is definatly not a greater moment.

A really big dissapointment when one thinks about all the other emails.

Plus, it dosn't help that it's a huge mishmash of concepts that don't make sense, or are co-hesive. The writing on this one looked hurried and rushed. I think they maybe just didn't feel like doing an email this week, and when they finally got around to it, they cooked it up real quick and added lots of new things like a change of location, and new graphics (like the hot dog clown costume) to make it seem better than it was.

I really didn't laugh. I just ended up thinking: "...uh... huh??"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:39 pm 

The best bit was the musical easter egg.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are at 35,000 feet. Please hold onto your wallets, we're flying over Liverpool. --Unknown but probably Boris Johnson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:31 pm 

Swooshoman wrote:
WHAAAAA!? Am I the only one who absoltely loved this email? I loved every single line and the comedic timing was spot-on. Homestar and The Cheat's little roles were hysterical, and the two scenes about SB's job were really good too! "You'll be WHAT, now?"

The only bad thing I have to say for it is the sudden ending? But the Easter Egg at the end made up for that. (The sad thing is, Dreamaway Johnny actually has the setup for a really good stageplay- maybe my next fanfic will be the script for it!)

I too thought it was hilarious. Although, I did think while watching it that not a lot of people would care for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:47 pm 

I'm going to have to go with Swooshoman here. I thought the Chaps were up to their usual standard with this episode. There was some great dialogue between Bubs and Strong Bad, and practically every line was hilarious. And Coach Z was on top form as well.

"Ooh, a hot dog clown! What fun! Pom Pom, take a picture of me with the hot dog clown! It'll be classic!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:49 pm 

Am I alone in thinking that the Dreamaway Johnny scene mimics some film? Can't say I remember seeing it, but it is possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:15 pm 

leoZ wrote:
anyhoo, did anyone else notice that this email doesn't show up on denny's menu? or does this happen for all new emails?

You have to dump your cache. Then refresh the page.

Oops, you bwoke it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:02 pm 

This is a decent email. While not spectacular, I did find "part-time job" quite entertaining. Once again, this reinforces my belief that Homestar has decided to use superlative phrases as much as possible in conversation... "the best (or most) [noun] I ever [past tense verb]" wiki-link for homestar's superlative usage.

Naturally, my favorite part was when, for the very first time, the viewer was actually able to control The Paper! This "easter egg" totally rewrites the book on The Paper and its automaticity. I always thought of The Paper as its own separate being, but now I realize the need for electricity for it to come down. (In this case, I'll throw in the idea of the microwave powering it.) Of course, we've yet to see the 'invisible' printer since the "Email Processing Room".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:11 pm 

It was a pretty good email, I enjoyed it a lot. :cheatgrin:
I like the easter eggs, and strong bad in a hot dog clown suit! HA ha ha ha!!! Bubs was acting weird, though.
Best line:
"And I'm 2x2"- :bubs: (I really think it was a reference to tooty-two)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:39 am 

Actually, I think Bubs is saying "Two-time Stu", as in some weird phrase people might use. Example, "Yeah, and I'm Micheal Jackson...", somethin' like that.

Although that didn't make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:48 am 

Okay, I have officially decided that I almost never agree with you guys. It seems like every time I think the emai lsucks, everyone thinks it's amazing.

And I loved this one, I laughed through the whole thing. Maybe humor is different in my neck of the woods...

SS: Give him a foot massage!
SB: THOSE ARE NOT FEET!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:51 am 

I'm agreein with modestly hot girl. You guys dont seem to be concerned with The Coach's wired line. errrrg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:22 pm 

I though it was good. Not a "LMAO!" (sorry, there's no better way to express an awesome email), but it's definitly not a Snore. I liked Bub's new "Money Maniac" personality. The whole e-mail seemed to be a spoof on some movie. But, I do like the idea that now Strong Bad can check his emails anywhere. I can imagin the opening.
SB {whispering}: Ok, I'll do one quick one
{the email comes up}
{he reads it quitetly, and gets offended}
SB {yelling}: WHAT THE CRAP!
{camra zooms out to see SB behind Bub's, with 3 boxes of candy-crunchys, attempting to push them away}
Bubs: Ah ha! I just knew you'd come to steal my Candy Crunchys! That will be... 50 bucks for Candy! And 60 bucks for stealing!

And so on. (sorry, it's a bit crappy, but you get an idea)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:48 pm 

It was nice. TBS took a very short vacation this year and came up w/ some new ideas! I have muscles!! That's a pretty sinister smile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:03 pm 

I'm not saying that this was the greatest e-mail ever, but it was a good one to say the least. Coach Z's lines were hilarious, and the dialouge (sp?) between Bubs and Strong Bad were great as well. Over all, this was a solid email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:36 am 

Chorge, forsh!

That alone makes this email awexome. :)

Good frickin' grief, MKwhatever dude! Spammity Calamity!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:01 am 

Alright all, I'd like to say "Hey." I'm brand new to this whole deal but have been an avid Strong Bad follower since the days of the Tandy 400. Here is the first ever rating by moi.

1 for H*R pronounciation of "pewfect"......just pewfect.....
1 for Strong Bad's Part-part-part-part-very part time job....of which he is currently 15 minutes late for.....sounds like me.....
1 for Bub's retortion of "And I'm gonna be 2 times 2!"
1 for that awesome Hot Dog Clown outfit.
1 for Strong Bad's request of "now" off.
1 for the hobble of Strong Bad in a top heavy Hot Dog suit.
1 for the onomotopoetic paper. "Preeeeeeeeeeeow"

Got a 7 pointer here.....not bad...... not that good, but not that bad......