Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:02 am 

Senor wrote:
Achhh! It still tasted like White Glacier! LOL. Yeah, oddly that didn't gross me out like it did to some of you peoples.

To be perfectly honest, I think I'd rather eat a Speed Stick. I HATE white chocolate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:52 am 

Dunno about you guys, but I though it was great. I've liked all of the new e-mails anyway. (well most)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:58 am 

TBC seem to be on a roll- With TGS 8, Origins, Pesant's Quest Trailer, and Secret Recipes all in a row. All 4 of these toons have been added to my "Ultimate Favorites" list- the list of toons I really like, and I show to my friends when I'm sharing about homestar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:17 pm 

TheNintenGenius wrote:
I HATE white chocolate.

I LOVE white chocolate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 pm 

The "bounce thing" part was especially funny. Think about it. Coach Z doesn't know what a basketball is.

I like a lot of different forms of chocolate. Hot cocoa, chocolate milk, white chocolate, dark chocolate and even mole sauce (now there's a weird one for ya).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:50 pm 

Melonade wrote:
TheNintenGenius wrote:
I HATE white chocolate.

I LOVE white chocolate.

"White chocolate" isn't chocolate. Alton Brown even said so. White chocolate is the koala bear of chocolates.

Duck a L'Orange wrote:
The "bounce thing" part was especially funny. Think about it. Coach Z doesn't know what a basketball is.

Yeah, we got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:06 pm 

InterruptorJones wrote:
"White chocolate" isn't chocolate. Alton Brown even said so. White chocolate is the koala bear of chocolates.

And that is part of why I hate it so. Something with the name chocolate should actually be chocolate. The other reason is that it's disgusting.

Plus, Alton Brown is cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:36 pm 

Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
I think white chocolate should just be called "vanilla." I think that makes sense, since it's white and it's not chocolate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:52 pm 

Shopiom wrote:
I think white chocolate should just be called "vanilla." I think that makes sense, since it's white and it's not chocolate.

But white chocolate doesn't have any vanilla in it.

Vanilla is a flavor (actually an extract of orchid seed-pods), not a catchall for anything white, nor the "opposite" of chocolate. Eat a chunk of white chocolate and then drink a teaspoon of vanilla, you'll see what I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:29 am 

White chocolate is DELICIOUS!!!It's so much better than milk chocolate, dark chocolate, hot chocolate, chocolate milk, chocolate sause, or any other kind of chocolate. It's like, chocolate of the gods, or something.
In conclusion, octopuses lead interesting lives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:16 am 

TheNintenGenius wrote:
ABounceThing? wrote:
Another thing... I just noticed that when SB first mentions Great Uncle Pawdabber, he in fact says "Clawdabber". I changed the wiki transcript to reflect this. I can't believe nobody else caught this by now.

I did catch it the first time, but given the discrepency between "Clawdabber" and "Pawdabber," it made me think that I'd just heard Strong Bad wrong.

Yea, I figured that's how most people were. Still, the wiki usually freaks me out by how many little details people notice. Like it's kinda creepy.

ikipapa1 wrote:
So I am really suprised with these reactions. But I still didn't like it.

That's exactly how I felt about origins. But then I watched it again and couldn't get enough of Strong Bad filing his boxing gloves behind the concession stand.

Duck a L'Orange wrote:

Finally, somebody else giving props to the best line ever. I think it was something about the way he said, "Maaaan!" Like not only did he not know what it was, but, whatever it is, it's amazing! Ohhhh, I miss you so, poopaw...

Homeschool Winner wrote:
White chocolate is DELICIOUS!!!

I'm with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:03 am 

Well, that email was better than the last (origins), part-time job, and perhaps dreamail (and perhaps perhaps radio). Still not the best email that makes me laugh out loud (I think Bubs is to blame for ruining the hilarity of the Strong Bad emails, IMO). Well, the pros and cons.

Pros:
- The sour cream and The Cheat hair (with the 1/2 shaved The Cheat)
- Coach Z not knowing what a basketball is (so much for a coach).
- Homestar's reaction to what Marzipan said.
- The post-its to cover up The Cheat's shaven half.

Cons:
- No laugh-out-loud-and-roll-on-the-floor-if-the-situation's-like-that events in this email.

By the way, what did Strong Bad mean when he said "It's like even when we win, he wins." I have to ideas what Strong Bad might mean:
- Homestar didn't die or get health problems from eating the pinecone, much to Strong Bad's and The Cheat's disappointment, probably.
- Homestar's "diaper pie" is grosser than any of Strong Bad's family's secret recipes.

Well, what do you think? Overall, I like white chocolate too! Especially if it's cookie n' cream! But does that count as not white chocolate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:05 pm 

Shim-Sham-Sam wrote:
By the way, what did Strong Bad mean when he said "It's like even when we win, he wins." I have to ideas what Strong Bad might mean:
- Homestar didn't die or get health problems from eating the pinecone, much to Strong Bad's and The Cheat's disappointment, probably.
- Homestar's "diaper pie" is grosser than any of Strong Bad's family's secret recipes.

It means that, whilst Strong Bad and The Cheat got Homestar to fall for his own trick (i.e. eating a pinecone), he did so with such unabashed enthusiasm and clear lack of any negative reaction that their "victory" was a hollow one. It's the same thing with "Lookin' At A Thing In A Bag", where they trick Homestar into buying drinks for them, but he's so chirpy anyway that it completely spoils their success

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:11 pm 

An explanation of the different types of chocolate:

The first step in the chocolate making process involves drying, roasting and then grinding cocoa beans until they become a thick liquid called "chocolate liquor" (which, despite the name, is non-alcoholic). This chocolate liquor can then be pressed to extract the fat. Thus, the liquor is separated into cocoa powder and cocoa butter.

Regular chocolate is made by combining cocoa powder, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter and sugar. Milk chocolate is combined with the same four ingredients, plus milk. White chocolate is (usually) made by combining cocoa butter, milk and sugar. Sometimes white chocolate is made with vegetable fat instead of cocoa butter, but this is usually considered to be of inferior quality and taste.

Because white chocolate does not contain cocoa powder, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration does not classify it as chocolate. There is an effort, however, to standardize white chocolate.

http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20030106.html

Mole (pronounced moh-LAY) sauce covers a wide varitey of Mexican pepper sauces and used primarily on meat dishes. Most of these sauces contain cocoa powder and are thus brown in color and contain some hint of chocolate taste as well as being rather spicy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:25 pm 

Location: Next to that SPIDER ON YOUR SHOULDER! Ha, made ya look.
DJ Soul Camel wrote:
Shim-Sham-Sam wrote:

It means that, whilst Strong Bad and The Cheat got Homestar to fall for his own trick (i.e. eating a pinecone), he did so with such unabashed enthusiasm and clear lack of any negative reaction that their "victory" was a hollow one. It's the same thing with "Lookin' At A Thing In A Bag", where they trick Homestar into buying drinks for them, but he's so chirpy anyway that it completely spoils their success

Whew! We got us a smart one here! Yup!

Check out my tale, and I promise to start posting again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:26 am 

I totally just got a chance to see this. And, it was okay, I guess. Maybe I'm being too harsh; it was, ahem, soooooo good! No, it's somewhere in the middle. I liked origins better, but that's just my opinion; I'm a big fan of random, just ask my friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:14 am 

So, that's why Strong Bad has a The Cheat, to fatten him up and eat him.... he's taking his time though.

White 'chocolate' isn't too bad, better than dark chocolate (too bitter), but not as good as regular milk chocolate. Cadbury's rocks!

My dog likes white choco-stuff... but before anyone complains that I am slowly killing my dog, he's been eating the stuff for 12 long years and he's had no chocolate-related health problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:40 am 

One of the best emails in a while, especially the whole "chekt" thing.
9.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:16 pm 

A very funny E-mail indeed. Homestar eating the pinecone cracked me up! I also liked the cookbook egg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:08 pm 

Hey, i like to eat Chekts...ok so no i dont...and once i tried to eat a pinecone...it tasted bad...9.5/10

700TH POST!!! W00T :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance:

All over each other and without even speaking
We'll know that it's over and smile and go greeting
Whatever comes next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:49 am 

"The more posts you have, the less of a life you have"
Well not necessarily true. But congrats on reaching 700 No Toppings! Most I had is 700 on another board, took over 3 years to do it. Seen someone with 21,000 on another board...they gotta get a life!

Back from my moratorium due to screwed computer.
The first time I saw the email I got interrupted, not by Jones. So it was only somewhat funny. But I found myself wanting to watch it again and man it is definitely a good email, top 40 for sure. Not quite my top 30 though- maybe borderline. The noise/pose Teh Chekt makes when Strong Bad pulls the towel cracks me up every time. And the pimecome, combimed with pamcakes. Makes me wamt to replace all of my m's with m's. It's kimd of addictive, similar to how my friemd and I always quote Crazy Cartoom as "The Chort". I will admit though, I don't like the narrator voice. It just isn't as "good" as the other voices, like, anybody could do that voice- seems really strained, not unique or interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:11 am 

I LOVE white chocolate!

Back on topic: I can't believe that I forgot to post on here before now. But I loved the email. Hilarious. "'Not a pimecone.' Well, he got that right."

"So long, suckers!" {mouth full of pimecone}

"It's like, even when we win, he wins."

Plus, Coach's Z's appearance. I find it odd and inconsistant that the Coach wouldn't know what a basketball is. Okay, not that he didn't know, but that he acted as if he had never seen any before. Obviously he had. But even so, it was funny. Go Coachie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:57 am 

InterruptorJones wrote:
koala bear

Can you Americans get over calling them koala bears?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:50 pm 

I'm thinking that he used the term "koala bear" for effect in that instance. Just as white chocolate does not equal chocolate, a koala bear does not equal a bear. I know I never call them koala bears unless I'm trying to prove the point that they're not bears. Same with pandas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:54 am 

Or canary bird?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:26 pm 

Overused&Underappreci wrote:
According to whomever it was who found out couth's meaning: Strong Bad complimented Strong Sad :eek: Pray mercy he doesn't find out what it means!

Or maybe he already knows! (insert hysterical laughter)

I think SB tried to insult SS here, but he does not know the actual definition of "uncouth." Just a bit of irony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:41 pm 

Location: At an Axe Gauntlet concert, booing Axe Gauntlet off the stage
The Chekt was definitely the high point of this email. It has potential as a recurring inside joke, don't you think? I hope so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:54 am 

INVADERTK wrote:
DJ Soul Camel wrote:
Shim-Sham-Sam wrote:

Whew! We got us a smart one here! Yup!

Yes, mods, we have situation here, code 4-96-A, we've got a smart one

Yeah, I thought it portrayed the Cheat and Homestar very good! I like this email.
9/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:48 pm 

Melonade Man wrote:
TheNintenGenius wrote:
I HATE white chocolate.

I LOVE white chocolate.

Love it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:12 pm 

White chocolate's okay, but real chocolate's better.

This email was great. The best part was Coach Z. He was hilarious! :coachz: :coachz:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next