Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SBemail 109
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:37 pm 
Oh, man that one was great! I expected Homestar to be to stupid to see that puppy as sad, but he did! And then, The Cheat showed up and cried, then Strong Sad cried at himself! Hillarious! Of course, Strong Bad caved in, too.

Post subject: i am sooooo happy
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:20 pm 

Location: standing in that doorway, hunched over, hungry for...you dont want to know
i alerted everyone and made the page for the email :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) it was my first time!

i thought the email was really funny

and everything is going to go my way someday, someday
everything is gonna go my way someday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:23 pm 

I enjoyed it. Lil' Brudder almost made me cry, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:26 pm 

I have to admit I don't like this one too much. Homestar crying like that is hard for me to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:26 pm 
Yeah, I do mind! I don't agree with ratings, as A: People's opinions could change over time, and B: People get a predetermined rating of how the toon is before watching it, therefore affecting their opinion! So, if you can, take it off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:30 pm 

In a manner of speaking, though, it's not really your thread...there'd be one -- and only one -- thread on sbemail109 whether you started it or not. I'm kinda ambivalent towards having us rate the e-mail, though...besides, most e-mails would drift towards five stars if we started doing that (except for the occasional ones many of us don't like, such as "car")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:31 pm 

I didn't like it really. It was sad :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:32 pm 

Ingiald wrote:
Yeah, I do mind! ... So, if you can, take it off!

Yow. :eek:

Deep breaths, Ingiald.

I don't suppose I should mention that if they did happen to read this thread before they watch the toon, it's pretty much gonna spoil it for them anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:32 pm 
But what if someone sees it and, at first, thinks it sucks and votes 1 star, then, a week later, loves it, and wants to vote five stars? There's the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:55 pm 

Amazing email. I was crying from laughing so hard. Homestar on his knees, arching his back on the ground, kicking his heels? Oh, man that got me rollin'. I haven't rolled in a while, felt good.

As for the star - rating system, I would like to steer away from that. I like to discuss the email, and if you want to come up with some kind ao rating system yourself (e.g. "out of 10" or 5 stars) then feel free to. I personally think it makes comedy less...funny.

I would feel like crap if I went on some site and they were demanding things from me with crappy 2 out of 5 star ratings. It shortens a lot of work into a single variable.

I mean, who are we, a bunch of simple-minded critics?!? Like that guy from the glaring eye of the Fox News Spotlight?

Well, yes, critics of each other, but surely not of the Brothers Chaps?

This is not to say I am rescinding my right to complain from hereon.

In conclusion, I thought Strong Sad's glistening eyes were a cool touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:03 pm 
I thought it was funny when Homestar realized what Strong Bad had "No, don't do it! You know the storm that will unleash!" And when Strong Sad showed up. "My whining could power a whole town!" "Yeah, it probably could!" Eventually, of course, Strong Bad gave in, too. "I've got a, food in the oven." That was classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:21 pm 

that was great! one of the best. I was little dissapointed with the number of Easter Eggs though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:23 pm 
Four easter eggs. That's not so bad. "Great for Some Kid's birthday party!" They should sell that at the store. I can't really understand the easter egg with Homestar. His voice gets weird when he's crying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:39 pm 

Those first two eggs were funny. The DJ jokes, especially.

Don't tell the cops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:48 pm 
Like I said, they should sell the yo-yo in the store!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:55 pm 

I would totally buy one of those yo-yos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:59 pm 
"Great for some kid's birthday!" And also, the one where Homestar was crying, that one was hillarious. Strong Bad sure knows how to make people cry. The Cheat crying was just about the funniest part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:25 pm 

Location: Currently floating between universes, a ghost if you may.
Quote:
I-I'm thinking of getting into male modeling - o-or maybe high finance... {he mispronounces "finance"} I JUST DON'T KNOW!!
:eek: ...who knew. anyone notice that li'l brudda sounds like little brother? and Strong Sad is Strong Bad's little brother? coiencidence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:28 pm 
Yes. Listen to what Strong Sad says when he first shows up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:49 pm 

I also thought this one was pretty average (as far as Strong Bad e-mails go). It was good, but I didn't laugh out loud like I usually do. Of course, average for Strong Bad is pretty darn funny anywhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:14 pm 

woah. I still haven't seen sbemail108 yet.

geeze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:23 pm 

It was cute seeing The Cheat crying! Oh, Li'l Brudder! :((

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:24 pm 
Why haven't you seen sbemail108 yet, AgentSeethroo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:26 pm 

Location: Currently floating between universes, a ghost if you may.
I loved it...specially Homestar being a male model...kinda funny to think of...*pokes friend into watching sbemail 109*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:16 pm 

"Can you give me some sound financial advice?!"

Best. Easter egg. EVER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:59 pm 

"Don't worry Homestar I can make it on my own!"
"I'm gonna grow up to be a quarterback!"

So far, the best email in a long time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:01 pm 

It just occurred to me that this e-mail might offend some disabled persons. Which would be pretty silly, but a possibility. Hm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:34 pm 
For some reason, one of my teachers thought disabled people might be offended by the talking wheeelchair. She didn't think that herself, but she didn't want me showing my drawing of the talking wheelchair to anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:07 pm 

This was so great. For a long time I've been saying that I'm at a crossroads, I wonder what I should do with my life. Now I feel like an idiot. Go, Strong Bad!!!!

Last edited by SenoraCardgage on Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:13 pm 

Quote:
I-I'm thinking of getting into male modeling - o-or maybe high finance... {he mispronounces "finance"} I JUST DON'T KNOW!!

Ha ha, I remember the whole Senor Cardgage Mortgage (Ok I could have said that wrong; PLEASE don't correct me, I hate it when a site turns into one huge spellchecking/grammar machine) thing, and he says financin like fih-nahn-sehn.

Anyhoo, this e-mail was so-so. Of course, almost every e-mail that TBC creates is better than the last (ALMOST), and we will soon come upon an endless string of "awesome"s and "hilarious"seseses; no critic I know gives good review more than bad.

On to the sbemail . . . I think it was OKAY. The whole crying thing was a little unneccesary; I missed the Homestar we all know and love, and the crying overshadows his normally humorous self (including the unnecessary "w" in certain words such as sewiously. That reminds me of the Answering Machine where Homestar breaks up with Homestar on accident because he misunderstood what she said . . . that made me crack up! And the way he talks to Pom Pom . . . you gotta love that. Didn't see much of that talking in 108.).

Strongbad and Homestar both have distinct personalities that I like equally, and I would wish to see more of them in each sbemail. And you gotta love Strong Sad's complaining. And The Cheat . . . the TBC use him less frequently (minus 107); however, they cleared some rumors up by stating simply "The Cheat is not dead." The relationship between Homestar and Marzipan is, in fact, still intact, and NO, Pom Pom has NOT exploded from a perilous pin (mind the agonizing alliteration). Also, Bubs's's's concession stand has NOT floated off into the great beyond (therefore landing on a remote reservation on the moon which Strong Bad had reserved; he then set off on an expedition to retrieve this perilous plot in . . . Thy Dungeonman, 3!).

In fact, the past few sbemails have been based around a specific character (109=homestar 108=pom pom 107=the cheat(day)). Maybe TBC is trying to keep alive all the past terms and events of all of their Free Country, USA productions. It is quite hard; H*R (referring to the site) is mostly very random, and trying to keep all the randomness together is quite like trying to pester carbon monoxide to lend you a c-note while it's busy trying to invade the home of 50 Cent to kill him once and for all (see, randomness is quite easy to condu--BUNNIES!!!).

However, we all feel a certain sense of satisfaction when we can say, hey, I know who Eh, Steve is!, or, yeah, I remember Coach Z's afro (18)! Or possibly remembering that time one saw Sibbie (76) about a million times to listen to the two songs (and try to decode the second one while Strong Bad was screaming) and to figure out if the person saying "Mom!" is, in fact, John Ritter from Three's Company, all while trying to find a connection between Clever Dan and Kewpie Dan.

Well, I guess we can just stop worrying about how to rate the toons themselves and just enjoy the outburst of stuff from TBC while they try and kill their extreme boredom over the summer (while infinitely collecting money from their merchandise). I mean, that Decemberween menu . . . come on! Amazing. And they still get a Sbemail thru every week. I wonder if they ever do anything else ?

Back to http://www.hrwiki.egg . . .

:20x6: Mike :20x6:

*Shifty eyes*