Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:27 pm 

I've sent a massive two e-mails to Strong Bad. In my life. I think my odds are great! :P

It kinda feels weird to e-mail an animated character though. It give me the jibneys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:57 pm 

there is no jibney crazy...the world you are looking for is "the jibbleys"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:15 pm 

:O whoa there's a world called the jibbleys *cough* you should click on the little link in his sig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:23 pm 

TrogdorTSL wrote:
there is no jibney crazy...the world you are looking for is "the jibbleys"

HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE GOOD NAME OF THE JIBNEY! I AM COMPLETELY INSULTED! :P[/crazystupidcapslockrantwhichwasajokesodontemailmeaboutit]

Of course there is a Jibney craze.

Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C

Anyhoo... just so this post isn't completely off topic, I've sent 12 e-mails to Strong Bad this week. And... toastpaint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:03 am 

I've sent in 2 emails. Looking back at them, I think they were pretty stupid. I now have a better idea of what they look for. Reading interviews with the Chaps helped a lot.

Some of my possible mistakes: I once asked, what became of that dinosaur egg that Strong Sad found under the couch in email #54? Does he now have a pet dinosaur? Does it look like him? Blah blah blah. It got too long. A simple question would have been best. But in the case of an obscure reference to an older email like that, just asking "What happened to the dinosaur egg?" would confuse many viewers and possibly the Chaps themselves. Can't work.

Potential is a good thing to have. You can only get so far on a dinosaur anyway. He designs an appearance, has it do something, and maybe it'll show up again as a cameo later. They already have Trogdor to use for that. Or Sterrance.

A good example is "extra plug". The question is unique, and leaves a lot of potential. The email is just well-written overall. It had me thinking, "I never thought about his outlet before... why didn't I think of that?" Well, that's mostly because it was the next email made after my question... but it's still a good one.

I'll bet that 99% of the emails that Strong Bad receives can be thrown out on these grounds alone. Keep it short, concise, and make sure that they can do something funny with your email (But of course, the humor comes from them, your idea just gets them started). Make life easier for the Chaps by keeping garbage emails to yourself.

Of course, my emails weren't answered. I can't expect you to take my words like the bible if they haven't given me any results. Just make sure to think about it.

Definitely consider what they said in an interview. Sometimes they just get an idea on their own, do a search through the billion emails in their inbox, and pick the one that matches their idea. Then there are some emails that they keep for a year because they know they can do something with it eventually. You never know what will happen.

On a boring side note, I did email the Chaps themselves once, asking about Thy Dungeonman. I got a reply pretty shortly... a short explanation and a link to the Videlectrix site. I had no idea that there was a Videlectix site before then. The fun thing about this is that Gmail has the Chaps on my contact list now, with a link to the list of our conversations. For a minute, my brother thought I had some real contact with them... haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:34 pm 

Location: To find my location follow this map i found on the ground , coincidently its a map to my house.
Zackarotto wrote:
I've sent in 2 emails. Looking back at them, I think they were pretty stupid. I now have a better idea of what they look for. Reading interviews with the Chaps helped a lot.

Some of my possible mistakes: I once asked, what became of that dinosaur egg that Strong Sad found under the couch in email #54? Does he now have a pet dinosaur? Does it look like him? Blah blah blah. It got too long. A simple question would have been best. But in the case of an obscure reference to an older email like that, just asking "What happened to the dinosaur egg?" would confuse many viewers and possibly the Chaps themselves. Can't work.

Potential is a good thing to have. You can only get so far on a dinosaur anyway. He designs an appearance, has it do something, and maybe it'll show up again as a cameo later. They already have Trogdor to use for that. Or Sterrance.

A good example is "extra plug". The question is unique, and leaves a lot of potential. The email is just well-written overall. It had me thinking, "I never thought about his outlet before... why didn't I think of that?" Well, that's mostly because it was the next email made after my question... but it's still a good one.

I'll bet that 99% of the emails that Strong Bad receives can be thrown out on these grounds alone. Keep it short, concise, and make sure that they can do something funny with your email (But of course, the humor comes from them, your idea just gets them started). Make life easier for the Chaps by keeping garbage emails to yourself.

Of course, my emails weren't answered. I can't expect you to take my words like the bible if they haven't given me any results. Just make sure to think about it.

Definitely consider what they said in an interview. Sometimes they just get an idea on their own, do a search through the billion emails in their inbox, and pick the one that matches their idea. Then there are some emails that they keep for a year because they know they can do something with it eventually. You never know what will happen.

On a boring side note, I did email the Chaps themselves once, asking about Thy Dungeonman. I got a reply pretty shortly... a short explanation and a link to the Videlectrix site. I had no idea that there was a Videlectix site before then. The fun thing about this is that Gmail has the Chaps on my contact list now, with a link to the list of our conversations. For a minute, my brother thought I had some real contact with them... haha.

off topic..........
i wish my e-mails were answered :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:46 pm 

Zackarotto wrote:

too long clanky too long!! lol just kidding..i just wanted to say that.. man, you should be a journalist or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:56 am 

Just in case Strong Bad ever answered one of my e-mails, I keep official-type evidence. Like some guy once said - you can never have solid proof unless you post the email somewhere BEFORE it gets answered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:20 am 

My email wasn't answered, but I was featured in an email.

In lackey, when Strong Bad says, "Woah, BC? Most of the emails I get are AD. Or the occasional JD..."

He was refering to me.

Post subject: yeah
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:09 am 

My friend sent virus and it got answered. i was amazed wen i saw it on the site. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:16 am 

How many people have claimed that so far?

(Not on here, but I;m sure I've seen others claim they sent that one in).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:53 am 

Nope :( The kewlest email I ever got was from Jhonen Vasquez.

Any guestimates on how many emails the Chaps & Strongbad get every week? Or how many have built up since December?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:16 pm 

Every email Strong Bad has ever answered was sent in by me.

Honest.

No really, it's true.

believe this and you're a fool

No plus no equals no. All no's lead to no, no, NO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:26 pm 

Spangles wrote:
Every email Strong Bad has ever answered was sent in by me.

Honest.

No really, it's true.

believe this and you're a fool

Wow. I completly believe you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:15 am 

Jhonka wrote:
I had my e-mail answered, and my name pretty much gives which e-mail it was.

Im a noob. Haven't checked hsr in a very long time, which one were you in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:29 pm 

I think you all need to stop emailing them, they probably just dump 99.99% of them straight away anyway, and considering the ones that are answered are the creme de la creme, i don't think they have been very interesting at all. They need something to work with here, not just some moronic question. Having said that, i have enjoyed all the emails, espeically from the early 386 era

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:49 am 

Location: Like, in my room hiding from my brothers. Homsar is here, but I'm looking for his Jenga Jam.
I once sent 25 on a Sunday but none got answered. Now I just settle for about three a week. Monday morning I sent one about my TV being broken, but I doubt that'll be answered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:32 am 

Joeqjim wrote:
I once sent 25 on a Sunday but none got answered. Now I just settle for about three a week. Monday morning I sent one about my TV being broken, but I doubt that'll be answered.

Yeah, if you send them in on Sunday it's probably not gonna get answered. Monday morning like, right after the new e-mail is out would probably work better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:09 am 

Location: Like, in my room hiding from my brothers. Homsar is here, but I'm looking for his Jenga Jam.
Oh, wait. I meant I sent 25 on Monday night and I sent three on Tuesday morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:17 am 

I've written some for sure! But no, no I haven't tasted the sweet, sweet feeling of waking up to my email on SB's screen. I think I'd probably explode with excitment...perhaps not being answered is for the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 am 

I see a problem with the have a picture of email. Whats keeping people from typing up the same email and posting it? O and mine was email 136

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:25 am 

I sent in an email about a theme park (before the theme park one was released), however the one that Strong Bad answered wasn't mine. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:33 pm 

I honestly wrote nothing.

No seriously.
I wrote nothing

Dear Strong Bad

From
Name and state ommited

lol.
My emails have never been answered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:32 pm 

My friend Ryan Green's was in cheatday, his was the one that asked if he, strong mad, or the Cheat was better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:01 pm 

I have a perfect idea for 150.

If it fails then I'll tell you what it was.

If so I will be able to prove it like this:

The message will be signed:

Alexander Paciga, Maryland

Which is not my real name or state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:40 am 

Let's see - 3000/150=20% chance. Unless their bad emails, you're pretty likely to get your email answered if you send them on a Monday night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:10 am 

What if they already start making one on Mondays earlier? Then they don't check their e-mail for good ones, cause they already have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:28 pm 

Not me, but (unless it was made up) I live in South Gate, CA which is where the sender of the e-mail "Depressio" is supposedly from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:02 pm 

Thatched-Roof Cottage wrote:
I have a perfect idea for 150.

If it fails then I'll tell you what it was.

If so I will be able to prove it like this:

The message will be signed:

Alexander Paciga, Maryland

Which is not my real name or state.

Scratch that... I'll just save it in my sent email folder... I just learned how to do that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:28 pm 

Location: Cornwall, Ontario, Canada (My name is pronouced Kaypheus)
I got mine answere :) Ive been on a high since then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next