Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:26 am 

I didn't like how SB was just playing at being a spaceman. The Strong Bad we know and love would have really tried to get there, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:49 am 

MUSKETEER'D! wrote:
I didn't like how SB was just playing at being a spaceman. The Strong Bad we know and love would have really tried to get there, I think.

I was a bit surprised at that myself..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:14 am 

ryansturmer wrote:
Horray for screenshots then,

And the original...

http://static.flickr.com/32/63362276_e72bcf6cc6_o_d.png

I really have nothing better to do. :sb:

I just can't believe you actually signed it crapfully doodoocrap. I mean, come one. He'll still read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:19 am 

How long has it been since the last time I have posted on this forum? It feels like forever, with the fanstuff wiki and all. Anyway, I found this email to be meh. I don't know, but I didn't like it that most of the email was concentrated on that slide show. I thought it took a little too long. I would have preferred Strong Bad or some other characters to do explanations with some demonstrations. But I did like the philly cheese sandwich clips. I also liked attacking Homestar. Make sounds, throw a CD case, and hope that the mutant dies. I was kind of amused by the KOT's appearance in the end as well when Strong Bad sang about 60's-style girls. But in the end, kinda bland. Could've use some more work, and HEART.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:47 pm 

This was an okay one.

That easter egg suceeded in making Coach Z creep me out even more though :eek:

"I was told I was gonna get to pee in a cup!"

"In due time. In due time."

"Doo time? That's even better"

>____>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:48 pm 
Pizza Pizza

MUSKETEER'D! wrote:

Yeah, I, too was shocked at the total lack of Soy Sauce in his space travel attempt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:11 pm 

Wierd email... but funny! It isn't my favorite, though. But the fact that I didn't understand half the things that was sayd could be a reason.
It could've been better maybe, but you know, even the worst sbemail is still very funny.
I liked the way they drew SB and TC, that was great :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:33 pm 

Did anyone else notice that the tyre at the end is smoking a cigarette? It's the little touches that kill me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:38 pm 

Grumblecakes wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the tyre at the end is smoking a cigarette? It's the little touches that kill me.

Yes, he's playing as the guy who smoked on the introduction reel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:54 pm 

Wow, this email was really grood. I loved the references to 60's girls, the Hamburger Vs. Ghost video game, and the ABA basketball taped to the front of SB's ship. The entire filmstrip was also good. I give this email a 9.5/10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:01 pm 

I think the cheat looked awesome in his purple glasses! I think that the crying dog was a reference to little brudder', I mean think about it. And what's up with strongbad and the faces? Space Captainface, Sir Hotbod Handsomeface, doth I sense a reccuring joke?
Anyway, it was good, I'd say 8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:18 pm 

Oh man, this was an awsome e-mail! "Will you be one of the hot 60's girls to wish Captain Spaceface a safe voyage? And if not, how come? *sad dog face*"
I loved that :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:40 pm 

StrongRad wrote:
...Why, Flight Engineer Ted Averill! You aren't smoking a smooth relaxing cigarette at all! {beep}"
That was hillarious. Not exactly appropriate for kids (since we all know kids smoke when they see cartoon characters smoke /sarcasm), but definately funny...

What I don't understand is why TBC has been doing so many drug references recently! Why the heck are they doing that?! It's ruining the clean atmosphere of the site!

Oh well, nothing's perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:43 pm 
Pizza Pizza

Ian911299 wrote:
StrongRad wrote:
...Why, Flight Engineer Ted Averill! You aren't smoking a smooth relaxing cigarette at all! {beep}"
That was hillarious. Not exactly appropriate for kids (since we all know kids smoke when they see cartoon characters smoke /sarcasm), but definately funny...

What I don't understand is why TBC has been doing so many drug references recently! Why the heck are they doing that?! It's ruining the clean atmosphere of the site!

Oh well, nothing's perfect.

It's not ruining the site...
That whole filmstrip is making fun of the NASA culture of the 60's... Watch some of the stuff that comes on NASA TV or PBS sometime.. It's hillarious. TBC actually outdid themselves this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:34 am 

Jenny wrote:
You guys just aren't Trekkies, so you can't appreciate the awesomity of this particular email :mrgreen:
OHH! FREAKIN AWESOME! i knew you werent like other chicks, you Stud :mrgreen: Inside Joke, only she can get it.

Post subject: Mehh.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:20 am 

Meh. Didn't like this 'un too much.

I mean, the slideshow was mediocre, and the parts with Strong Bad as Space Captainface were okay, but that was it.

Was "Space Captainface" referring to Sky Captain?

EDIT: Good for you, ryansturmer. You are one heck of a lucky punk.

I see you haven't played Twilight Princess. Why is that?

I got to the water dungeon thing and got bored.

WOW. You just lost the very little respect I had left for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:19 am 

Isn't anyone going to add an explanation for Impelliteri (and Italian guitarists generally)? I'd do it, but someone disabled anonymous editing.

Post subject: Impe-what?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:21 am 

I'll do it, if you tell me what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:23 am 

And Teff, while you're at it, you should change the transcript where it says "Strappin' Space Captainface." I'm fairly positive they said "Strap and Space Captainface." Just saying.

Also, CHECK YOUR FREAKING PM'S ALREADY!!!111! :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:16 am 

One of the funniest in a while, not specially a great e-mail, but very, very funny.
''How come'' still cracks me up. And ''good jokes'' was hilarious the first time. I've come to the realization that the Cheat is hilarious no matter what he's doing but in this e-mail he really stood out.

7/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:30 am 

All I'm sayin' is - there isn't many drug references on the entire site - and this e-mail has several - are they trying to make up for lost time, or what? (cigerettes, highball, etc, etc...)

I, persoanly, find it hilarious that they can be so funny, and yet, so clean - and I think they are pushing the edges with this e-mail - it has sexual references in it too (hot looking 60's girls). I'm not saying that stuff is bad - I just personally like that they are so funny without that stuff - why not be different? That is what makes HSR so awesome - it is not like anything else on the net! (or off, for that matter!)

I mean - even Teen Girl Squad's version of Hot Girls are not HOT by any standard - and these Hot 60's Looking Girls are close to life drawings - something I think has been a rarity on HSR up to this point.

- Whistler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:51 am 

Good Sbemail, but I guess I wasn't in the mood for a slideshow :)

I loved the part with Homestar starring as some bizarre creature from outerspace, very trekkish! (no I'm not a trekkie :P)

As for the cleanliness of the site, h*r maybe on the cleaner side, but it's not its mission.

Why doesn't anyone complain about some of the very bad things Strong Bad did to Strong Sad? Refering to cigarettes and hot girls from the 60's is not clean, but SB gluing the hands of SS to his face is clean?

TBC always had some subtle but present social comentary, sometimes dealing with serious stuff, and there are more "adult" references in h*r than this wiki and forum likes to admit. There has many other drug and sex references before, but they were not documented since many peope simply didn't want to believe it. People are still debating if "a cold one" is refering to a beer.

By the way, if you look at Marzipan a little too long you might have weird visions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:03 pm 

vl-tone wrote:
People are still debating if "a cold one" is refering to a beer.
And yet there is little to no uproar about Coach Z in Answering Machine 5... probably simply because of its age.

It's not that it's edgy, it's that it's edgy in ways it hasn't been recently - edginess in a new way is more noticable, since it's unexpected.

Not that I'm accusing anything of being out of line - this is no worse than a lot of earlier stuff... frankly I find this phenomenon of calling everything since Commandos in the Classroom "edgy" in some way rather intriguing...

Post subject: The REAL 'Proud Anselmo'
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:04 pm 

I would like to dictate that the 'Proud Anselmo' could be noted as several items, one of them being ME! My name is Anthony Anselmo and I have written, endorsed and praised HomestarRunner.com on several occasions. In fact, its even linked from my site http://www.anthonyanselmo.com.

This Philip Anselmo noted in the Wiki is a sham. The real Anselmos came over from Italy around the early 1900's, and have since been noted to disperse all around the globe. While I might not be a full fledged musician, I do kick much more 'faint-of-butt' then this Philip guy!

Actually in all seriousiness, I doubt the Brother Chaps are aware of my existance. My first thought was reference to Rene Anselmo who was a guy who owned the first privately owned satellite in orbit during the 1980's. http://www.space.com/news/space_news_100-1.html.

The guy who also does Donald Duck's voice current shares my name as Tony Anselmo. He started off drawing him, and once the previous voice actor died, he stepped and now does Donald Duck Voices.

So the Anselmo name is out there, so just for giggles this is what I wrote to the Chaps...

Dear Strongbad,

This concerns your recent strongbad email #138 to be exact...
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail138.html

As a 'Proud Italian' and 'Proud Anselmo'; I must inform you that the term 'Proud Anselmo' is copyrighted 1975 by myself and Anselmo Inc. I must also inform you that I am not constructed by cardboard, but with authentical, live tribbles purchased from the far mountains of Ohio. We here at Anselmo Inc. take our copyrights very very seriously and request that proper compenstation be delivered for use of trademark. As such we request a huge donation of one strongbad email's 101-130 be delivered to our offices. We also will accept a personal call by you... um yourself...himself to our Answering Machine to use for entertainment with our co-workers.

We have yet to contact our lawyers but we feel that any donation on your part, may avoid this forseeable disagreeable action-um... eable.

Thank you for your time...

P.S. Please note that we have also given proper credit to any puns, or hot buns, we borrowed and or used without thinking about it on our webpage at http://www.anthonyanselmo.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:43 pm 

Yeah, you are right - Answering Machine 5 is pretty bad - for a drug reference, I mean.

So I suppose that they have done drug references in the past, but I guess what I'm saying is, this e-mail has several, and you are right, I was just surprised.

I just hope that future toons and e-mails are funnier.

But just so everyone knows, I thought that Halloween Potion Ma-Jig was hilarious and fit the style of H*R exceptionally well - especially all of the references to various tv shows. I love their traditions - and I just thought that this e-mail wasn't true to the traditions of SBemails. But that is just my opinion.

- Whistler

Post subject: Hmm.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:43 pm 

Hmm. Ironhide, you might be right about the Rene Anselmo thing... it seems far more plausible than whatever is on the Wiki now.

But that's just my guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:29 am 

Phlip wrote:
frankly I find this phenomenon of calling everything since Commandos in the Classroom "edgy" in some way rather intriguing...

Actually, I'm pretty sure it started with "lady...ing" with "sand off your nipples".

Then there was Strong Sad Lemment's "Parade on my Rain" with peeps and wet naps.

Then Trogdor Con with some of Strong Bad's closing comments.

Then Commandos in the Classroom with everything.

Then TGS 10 with the first basing with the piece of paper.

Then More Fan Costumes with the Hot Homestar.

And now this.

Will they never cease? Tune in to find out!

(And yes, I'm one of those people that's finding this phenomon annoying.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:28 am 

I can tell the future! Sweet. :mrgreen:

Anywho, I don't get why everyone has gone crazy over this. Every show has something "Edgy" if you're that nitpicky. I'm not, and it doesn't bother me.

I'm annoyed by people saying it's "edgy". It ain't, now get that through your thick skull! X-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:26 am 

I admit that there are more controversial allusions in toons nowadays, but my point is that h*r was never the holy cleanliness by itself.

It's possible that TBC play little games with us. Maybe they are not reading all threads here, but they probably heard from friends the disproportionate reaction to some jokes they made recently.

They decided to do a little teasing by adding more controversial and less subtle sex & drug references lately. Personally I don't think any real harm can be done from these references, and I find the teasing to be funny in itself since it's not mean teasing. Maybe some people will realize that they have their priorities mixed-up.

You can see how they are aware of that controversy phenomenon by their references to "hot girls from the 60's" instead of just saying "hot girls". In the 60's many people were outraged by the short skirts and outfits of these "gogo" girls, yet if you compare it to what "hot girls" means today in the mainstream media, the girls from the 60's looked like saints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:55 am 

Jeeze. Must I say this again:

"What the f" in trevor the vampire
"Screw all y'all"
The kids Strong Bad should be having with Ali and Ali's sister
The bird
Multiple references to drinking (cold ones)

The site is no more edgier than it used to be. Yeeeeeeesh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next