Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:45 pm 

I liked this one. Not the best ever, but good.
And once again some great drawings!

I love the way SB walks back from the cheat.

:eekdance: TOTPD :eekdance:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:18 pm 

Eh, not bad I suppose. I didn't really laugh over much, but I did grin. That's better than nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:49 pm 

The Cheat gnawing that statue = hilarious.

Everything else = not so much.

2.5 / 5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:01 pm 

This was pretty good, The Cheats cameos were great. Overall 8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:27 pm 

Nice, its about time they have an artsy email. Loved the easter eggs, and the very musical medieval type weapon. Not on the best stuff list, but makes the average mark.

Hey, I'm a Fine Arts Major!! My masters degree ain't useless!! I use it for all kindsa stuff... like... making... little paper cutouts of Homestar characters... or... stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:30 pm 

Not the best, but I liked it. The Cheat chomping the log was hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:53 pm 

hey evry buddy...im adam..man i dunno y i hadnt joined this b4 but i heart homestarrunner!!! i kno like almost everything on the site by heart...sooo about the email... i think it was pretty funny. i want one o those keyswordtars!! well....byee

Post subject: meh
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:53 pm 

it was pretty good
i wish there was an easter egg where u click on strongmad's macaroni art and u get an extra homsar scene
:homsar: <i was stamped out of a macaroni salad)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:18 pm 

I liked this e-mail. Sure, it was formulaic (pick a theme, list various absurdist renditions of it as in video games, animal, etc.) but it was good.

"Like I couldn't have gone down to the kindergarten and hired a five-year-old to make me one of those....except that sounds pretty creepy and I'd probably go to jail."

And now we have proof Strong Bad is over 18, assuming Free Country, USA has the same consent laws as the rest of the USA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:48 pm 

I agree, an art email was on the cards for a long time. It was pretty cool, I liked the duckie stick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:51 pm 

HAHAHAHAH DEALIN' BURGERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I thought this e-mail was pretty good, and alot better than some of the more recent ones.

I guess :hr: lives in a double wide?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:49 pm 

Shell bra!!!???? Funny, yes. But this stuff is only recent. I personally think that TBC might be getting a little too edgy with this stuff......

I mean the whole Coach Z stalking stuff was comic gold, but that's about as far as I wanted TBC to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:08 am 

Thnikkaman3 wrote:
Shell bra!!!???? Funny, yes. But this stuff is only recent. I personally think that TBC might be getting a little too edgy with this stuff......

I mean the whole Coach Z stalking stuff was comic gold, but that's about as far as I wanted TBC to go.

Ummm...No.

Don't sink to the level of soccer moms, saying the words bra on the internet is not "edgy". TBC relizes that as their audience matures they can add some jokes that would anger 30-somethings who go nuts over nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:37 am 

Thnikkaman3 wrote:
I personally think that TBC might be getting a little too edgy with this stuff......

AAAARRRRRGGGGLLLEEEEBBBBLLLLBBBBLLLLBBBLLLL!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:47 am 

they wont put anything too edgy cuz theyll lose a lotta their audienceses..es in an interview they said they were gonna keep it clean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:53 am 

the ch8t wrote:
they wont put anything too edgy cuz theyll lose a lotta their audienceses..es in an interview they said they were gonna keep it clean

..And the english language weeps.

Even if they did put some really controversial in H*R, I doubt they'd lose ALOT of their audience, I mean come on! They've had drug refrences, alchol related stuff, pie, and all sorts of other stuff, a little controversy is doubtfully going to be the downfall of H*R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:04 am 

I think it was pretty gopod. I like how they brought back "Gnawing The Cheat", and Lord Qauckignstick ruled. I'd have to watch it again to give a good rating, which i will do...a'right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:31 am 

BRA OMFG HE RLY SAIZ BRA EDGY EGY HOLY WOW

Just wanted to get that out of the way, and see if we can't give Joshua another aneurysm.

I think this email was pretty meh, actually. My biggest laugh was from SB getting stuck in the cutout. Everything else seemed kinda forced. Kinda like the Fall Float Parade. I'm a little concerned that the characters are living in their stereotypes too much. I really love it when TBC push the boundaries, and this email just kind of hid inside them.

I give it an X-Play-tastic two...
...out of five.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:07 am 

Dealin' Burgers... haha. That was awesome. As for the rest of it, nothing really grabbed me. It was about as average as an email could be. Better than that "space program" bullroar.

2.75/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:36 am 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
Not perfect, but had some rather amusing bits. The Cheat gnawing on the log and the carboard cutout bits were pretty amusing! I also liked the keytarblade and Lord Quackingstick. For some odd reason, he reminds me of Ezlo from Minish Cap...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:47 am 

The BC are slipping when it comes to SBEmails. They are becoming to focused on comercializing everything. The cure? They can answer one of the twenty emails that I've sent them, all filled with clever anagrams and such. :p

They aren't in any danger financially as far as I can see. They've sold a good $25,000 of merchandise or more last week alone, and even less the production costs, that's still a sizable sum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:10 am 

TWO WORDS:

REALLY BORING

It's graham-cracker-rific!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:11 am 

I'm always late for watching these things. Oh well.

Average email, nothing special.

Best parts:
The cheat spray painting Strong Bad's Deutch (or however you spell it) drawing.
"Thanks for breakin' my moose lamp."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:53 am 

Thnikkaman3 wrote:

Honestly bro. I think your making way to much out of it. I mean, if there is some kid out there that actually might get upset about that...

He doesn't even say it that cleary anyway, like it could be heard as Shellgra or who knows what. Anyway, if you think that is too edgy, you should probably move to the middle east and like not allow women to show their faces and stuff

I'm pretty sure things like them getting drunk of soy sauce and flying the concession stand, and locking strong sad in a tub might be alittle more edgy for nerds like you

Last edited by BrettBretterson on Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:57 am 

BrettBretterson wrote:
Thnikkaman3 wrote:

Honestly bro. I think your making way to much out of it. I mean, if there is some kid out there that actually might get upset about that...

He doesn't even say it that cleary anyway, like it could be heard as Shellgra or who knows what. Anyway, if you think that is too edgy, you should probably move to the middle east and like not allow women to show their faces and stuff

Ok, I agree that that stuff wasn't edgy, but that was mean, just because he's a bit of a worry wort doesn't mean he's a sexist. Now, let's get back on topic.

Toastpaint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:08 am 

KISS-Cringle 66 wrote:
Now, let's get back on topic.

Toastpaint

Good point. I wonder why TBC have been slackin on the creativity of the recent e-mails. I mean I thought this one was better, but who knows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:01 am 

BrettBretterson wrote:
KISS-Cringle 66 wrote:
Now, let's get back on topic.

Toastpaint

Good point. I wonder why TBC have been slackin on the creativity of the recent e-mails. I mean I thought this one was better, but who knows

I actually thought that this might be the start of a good strek of e-mails. It somehow reminded me of Video games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:37 am 

Could've been better, but it got a laugh out of me....
I was dissappointed at how the e-mail was addressed, though. It wasn't as creative as I'm used to with Strong Bad... I was hoping to see maybe Marzipan attempt to paint Strong Bad too, or even better: Strong Sad painting Strong Bad's portrait and making him evil or something..... I dunno, it was just a good e-mail but not a good enough answer to it from Strong Bad. This gets a 7/10: Average.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:52 am 

This one had one of the best opening jokes I've seen in awhile. Dealin burgers being an accurate job description. But, I would have liked to see Marzipan or Strong Sad try to paint the portrait. The email feels a little odd with an art subject without either of those two. But, the jokes in it were really good, and made this one for me an 8/10.

Thnikkaman3: The bra thing is not the "worst" thing they've done. That's not even bad...

I actually love some of their more "out-there" material, like Coach Z giving Marzipan a Scratch and Sniff Coach Z Calendar (so much can be said by that part...) and him later passing out in the snow due to drinking Listerine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:20 pm 

really cool! i did think it was good, especially 'Dealin' Burgers' and did anyone else think that the macaroni picture by strong mad looked strangely alot like sb? i know TBC can do that cos its a cartoon der, but it looks alot like him while just being macaroni glued to paper! good job all round, i like the keyboardtar! and when sb said, 'oops. no. hey. i got it!'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next