Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:18 pm 

Okay, back on track and back on total randomness. I loved the Scooby-Doo parody, the babies were really cute, but the paramecium bit was just way too weird. I guess the emails have been getting weirder recently, but still... just... what?

Oh, and can anyone explain why Don Knotts would be coming around in Roman times?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:23 pm 

man it wouldnt load but after a few tries it finally worked! i liked it but i think they were trying a bit too hard...ill give it .... :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: / :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:26 pm 
Pizza Pizza

Dark Grapefruit wrote:
Oh, and can anyone explain why Don Knotts would be coming around in Roman times?

I can't explain why he would be coming around in Roman Times, but I'm pretty sure that the fact he was mentioned was a call to the numerous Scooby Doo episodes in which he (and/or others) appeared as a "guest".

That's how I took it, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:32 pm 

'Huzzah!' was shouted from the many gatherings in Forumopolis, as the update drought that had plagued their pleasant village had finally come to pass, and they rejoiced in the streets as the updates had finally returned.

Anyway, this email was kinda bizarre, but I thought TBC did a good job of parodying the different television themes from a while back, like the Scooby Doo thing, and the "Spinoff-where-the-characters-are-babies" thing, but the amoeba sequence was pretty weird. All in all, I give this email a 6.5/10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:40 pm 

Dark Grapefruit wrote:
Why wouldn't he? He was there when Caesar was killed. I hear that he was the one that organized it. ;) The thing is, I can't understand what he said in the egg, no matter how many times I listen to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:43 pm 
ramrod wrote:
Dark Grapefruit wrote:
Why wouldn't he? He was there when Caesar was killed. I hear that he was the one that organized it. ;) The thing is, I can't understand what he said in the egg, no matter how many times I listen to it.

Don said "Andy?", shame on You for not checking the wiki.
The only parts I found worth while was the paramecium part and the roman times easter egg, all an all 6/10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:51 pm 

i was really dreading a full scale scooby doo parody in this email (complete with multi doored hallway chase sequence) but lucky TBC diddnt go down that dark path of humor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:58 pm 

oh my gosh that was the best thing i have ever seen :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :hr: :hr: :hr: :hr: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheatgrin: :cheat: :cheat: :cheat: :cheat: :bubs: :bubs: :bubs: :coachz: :coachz: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :kot: :kot: :kot: :kot: :kot: :pom: :pom: :pom: :pom: :marzi: :marzi: :marzi: :marzi: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :homsar: :trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor: :trogdor: :ehsteve: :ehsteve: :ehsteve: :ehsteve: :ehsteve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:59 am 

sock2828 wrote:
oh my gosh that was the best thing i have ever seen *lots of emoticons*

Hi there!
We're glad you're so enthusiastic about the email (I know I am) but the moderators tend to yell at you if you over-use the emoticons, it tends to make the page load slowly. Just to give you a friendly heads-up. Happy posting!

Toastpaint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:00 am 

I loved it, especially the paramecium part. OK, not the whole thing, just "These are for my twin brother!"

I still can't believe I used to love Scooby Doo. Ahh, nostalgia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:03 am 

Well, it's finally here. I'm always late to these updates.

Anywho, I thought this was an above average email. 4/5

Best Parts:
"This is for my twin brother!"
"I'm gonna be the coach of the football torm!"
The whole actual scene of what they were like in highschool. Especially the scene they try to get rid of Homestar's pants. Classic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:08 am 

meh, it was poorly written. They just threw in a bunch of new artwork and called it a new sbemail. I didn't laugh once.. Disappointed! I'll be glad when they finally get back into the groove, and out of their "well deserved break phase." I wish I could take a one-month break from work... Well, at least they aren't teachers - they get 3!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:19 am 

It's was OK. I liked weird baby Coach Z, and the "We were.. umm.. Romans." made me laugh. Nothing like good random humor. But the rest was just OK.

Oh, and the easter egg was pretty good, I liekd how Sickly Sam turned into a.. thing.. I can't remember the word.

Overall, 5/10 (Which sounds better as 2.5/5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:26 am 

This is the first email in a while that's left me feeling underwhelmed. I don't know why. It's not that I didn't like it. I just didn't like it as much as other emails. Still, it's TBC so...

Not last place.

*A "NOT LAST" ribbon appears with a "ding!" sound effect.*

*edit*

That Free Country USA RPG sounds wicked Ju Ju Master! Where can I get more info?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:34 am 

Stevolution wrote:
This is the first email in a while that's left me feeling underwhelmed. I don't know why. It's not that I didn't like it. I just didn't like it as much as other emails. Still, it's TBC so...

Not last place.

*A "NOT LAST" ribbon appears with a "ding!" sound effect.*

*edit*

That Free Country USA RPG sounds wicked Ju Ju Master! Where can I get more info?

Nowhere except talkign to mke personally... on AIM. Still under construction, it'll take a long time. I hope by this summer, but I can't promise anything

Toastpaint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:47 am 

I thought it was OK. Everyone did realize the little kid (middle school versions) was a reference to Muppet Babies right? lol. And their crazy imaginations. StrongBad was basically Gonzo and Coach Z like Kermit... sort of. I liked most of it, MINUS the Scooby Doo reference. Nobody ever needs to reference scooby doo and Don Knotts (being in SD) again.

lol.

Overall... if I rated them... and 10 was highest...
7/10

I want level 10!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:06 am 

The best thing was "We better play in a band". Just to be sure, and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:14 am 

Encountering Gremlins wrote:
I particularly liked Strong Bad's high school persona and his misuse of i.e. (bet IJ is groaning at that one ;))...

Actually, "i.e." wasn't misused. It means "id est", Latin for "that is." "e.g." ("for example") would be incorrect, but "i.e." is perfectly valid.

Pretty solid email, especially when compared to the ones lately. I loved the paramecia and Homestarmecium's multiplying made me laugh both times I watched it, a rare feat for a H*R toon.

I won't rate it numerically since I'm horrible at that. Oh, and by the way, my name is not Scott. My username comes from a character in an RPG I want to make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:37 am 

I waited patiently and got this. Well, it's no "rock opera", but it'll do for now.

The good: the different flashbacks and the characters, Very Old-Timey,Strong Bad's greeting at the start

The bad: some humor fell flat, like Homestar's purchase from "Bubs".

The Ugly: Homestar's pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:59 am 

Oh man! This is probably my new favorite e-mail. I was laughing so hrad!

Dubba dubba dubba, can take me down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:01 am 

Pretty good email this week. Scooby Doo thing was funny. And the babies. And the paramecium...thingy.

Post subject: Re: At last
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:02 am 

Space Captainface wrote:
Strongbadiophage wrote:
As a long-time lurker who never registered, it looks like I picked a perfect time.

Now that everyone is stuck with their permanent usernames, some of the newbies like me get to snag some cool recent creation.

Fear the Phage!
You can edit you're username actually. I did a couple months ago. :mrgreen:

You canlt do that anymore, they locked that function thingy yesterday or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:35 am 

Location: At The Eastmost Peninsula in the toilet of my heart
There is not ONE THING I dislike about this email!! Not one! I'm still laughing!!! 10/10, yo. I only wish I could give it an eleven, but that's mathematically impossible. *gets beaten up for being reasonable*

Best Parts and Quotes:
Strong Bad: "Well, cowichewa to you too, Patrique."
Homestar: "We should play in a band, just to be safe."
Homestar: "Are sure this won't emancipate me from my ridiculous striped pants?"
BABY COACH Z AND POM POM!
Baby Strong Bad: "That freakin' duck swallowed both my pixels!"
Homestarmecium: "These are for my twin brother!"
The Old Timey easter egg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:35 am 

Space Captainface wrote:
don't you add that to the Wiki under real world references?

Hmmmm. I did, but somebody's removed it. Oh well. I was probably wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:22 am 

alberto wrote:
Don said "Andy?", shame on You for not checking the wiki.
I never said I didn't check the Wiki. I'm saying that I still couldn't understand it, even after checking the Wiki. It was said way too fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:20 am 

So I guess since other folks are having problems, that something is wrong with H*R site, and not my personal compy. I had to watch the mirror. The real one wouldn't load at all.

This is the first time I've been mad at TBC. Not giving us Decemberween is annoying, but technical difficulties with thier site really bugs me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:23 am 
Pizza Pizza

Morna wrote:
So I guess since other folks are having problems, that something is wrong with H*R site, and not my personal compy. I had to watch the mirror. The real one wouldn't load at all.

This is the first time I've been mad at TBC. Not giving us Decemberween is annoying, but technical difficulties with thier site really bugs me.

I think the technical difficulties are because so many people are tryin to get at this email at the same time. Just try back later.
It happens sometimes. *remembers the Superbowl Halftime release of Peasant's Quest Trailer*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:50 am 

Okay they've fixed the fist between Marzipan's legs but I just noticed the other one is in front of Strong Bad's arm. Granted its far less creepy but probably shouldn't be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:21 am 

I loved it so much. I mean, sure it was no Caffiene (which seems to be the perennial favorite) but it was really cute, and I liked how Strong Bad just went with what he knew about cartoons. It was probably so weird near the end because TBC wanted to make sure people didn't take it as canon, and knew that SB was just spinning a yarn. So cute an email! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:13 am 

I really missed the "First Page" of the thread I usually strive for, but I'm still gonna throw in my two cents and say that it was good. The Strong Bad virus creeped me out, especially before I researched and found out that was really what they looked like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next