All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:43 pm 

Charlie Jr. wrote:
I gives it a 99.99999999999999999999%

Mind telling us what 0.00000000000000000001% part of it is bad? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:00 pm 

I liked Strong Bad's eyes disappearing, the "no whammies", and the claymation battle.

Before the green screen became the bread aisle Strong Bad's eyes weren't shiny, they were just plain green. What was up with that?

The scrollable sign reminds me of my first year in highschool. I didn't have anything to entertain me at lunch so I just stared at a similar sign hanging in the cafeteria. I think it had that worm thing and maybe pac-man.

claymation!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:09 pm 

The Tire wrote:
I liked Strong Bad's eyes disappearing, the "no whammies", and the claymation battle

The scrollable sign reminds me of my first year in highschool. I didn't have anything to entertain me at lunch so I just stared at a similar sign hanging in the cafeteria. I think it had that worm thing and maybe pac-man.

There was one of those in my highschool too. XD Except it wasn't in the cafeteria, it was in the front hall as soon as you entered the school, and had current school events/student's birthdays on it (of course, it took like 15 minutes for all that information to scroll by on that tiny screen!)

The drugstore where I used to live had a REALLY big, elaborate one that had full-screen animations/advertisements/etc, and everything. I... think it says a lot about how easily amused I am that I used to spend a really long time just staring at that thing. XD;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:53 pm 

The Tire wrote:
Before the green screen became the bread aisle Strong Bad's eyes weren't shiny, they were just plain green. What was up with that?

Don't you know what a green screen does?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:16 pm 

You know what's cool? I like to frolic in the bread aisle too. The easter egg at the end was very funny.

"Yorp!"

- Sifl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm 

Ha ha. Just watched. That was funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:05 pm 

You know Joshua, I said that I give it a 99.99999999999999999999%, because frankly, I was expecting more than one easter egg at the very end, but all is just right. And on second thought, I'll give it a solid 100%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:42 pm 

Wow. I didn't really like that at all. It just seemed like they couldn't be bothered :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:46 pm 

I thought that Strong Bad's love of the bread aisle was adorable. I love it when he frollocks. :p

The funniest part for me was Strong Bad's patronizing tone as he immitated a DIY home decor show.

Of course, any email with an appearence of The Cheat at his Mac is gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:03 pm 

Felt forced at the start, once SB broke out with the electro No Loafing sign, and the green screen, it was great. Oh, and of course, everybody loves the yorping. "Yorpyorpyorpyorp!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:10 pm 

DumDeDum wrote:
The Tire wrote:

Don't you know what a green screen does?

I think he does, but do you? The green screen is only a regular color green until someone plays some kind of video feed over it. This doesn't explain SB's eyes being the same color as the wall, and not being glossy. Because that green color is not a video feed over it, but the screen itself. And unless SB's eyes are made out of green screen, it makes little sense.. really. Right?

I think that's right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:12 pm 

Unless the video feed being run IS just green.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 am 

I didn't really like it at first, but it kinda grew on me, but I still think it isn't the best. I loved the green screen and the ending. 8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:57 am 

I liked this e-mail. The green screen part was great. I'd play Sundae Driver on my wall al the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:13 am 

great!
is this a new design for coach Z?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:58 am 

I'm glad that the sbemails are back, but this wasn't the best. A few good jokes including the classic green screen gaffe, but nothing that really stood out for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:58 am 

Hah!

Good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:03 am 

Hmm, The claymation monster has the same voice as Strong Mad...

So, My favorite part was when he called an Imac mouse a Bar of soap. I have made that joke before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:22 am 

It wasn't horrible, but this is the second e-mail they've done in which the topic was Strong Bad's "no loafing" sign. You'd think one would be plenty.

Ah, well. They don't owe me anything- they've given me years of entertainment for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:06 am 

Fwhaha. This was a pretty bizarre one. I like it. Not exactly one I would place in my favorites list, but it's still pretty good.

Yorp, yorp, yorp, yorp, yorp! :coachz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:08 am 

Not the best one they've made, but still pretty awesome.

The half-invisible Coach Z really made me laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:10 pm 

extremejon09 wrote:
Hmm, The claymation monster has the same voice as Strong Mad...

Strong Mad probably did the voice for the monster. He has done claymation before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:42 pm 

I must say I'm dissapointed. I wouldn't really blame TBC since it did seem to appeal to other people, but me I don't think I even giggled. Plus the whole time I was waiting for a "Hey guys!" :hr: and never got one. :-(

The claymation monster was cool and made me smile, but nothing made me laugh. Ah well, you can't please everybody and you can't win em all. At any rate I'm glad TBC are keeping busy again. I'll just look forward to the next sbemail and hope homestar's in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:08 pm 

Location: I'm still hiding out under there. (Did I make you say "underwear" again?)
This one had a lot of little things that made me laugh--"Cherry Get!", "Your James Over," and everyone's favorite: "York, york, york, york!" I got confused by SB's vanishing eyes too, but then I got it when the nigh-invisible Coach Z showed up at the Claym ation battle. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:44 pm 

Some of you guys shouldn't be knocking people who didn't like it or blamed TBC for it because they did make it after all. I thought that this email was really terrible. First of all, the mispronouncing of Jamie's name was overdone, the comeback was bad as well, and the echo wasn't really explained and it is usually funnier when a joke at the beginning of the email is threaded through the whole email and maybe echoed later or explained within the email. The Flo Jo in a tuxedo reference also felt kind of random as well as the MS Paint effects. But I guess the whole point was that he was rapping. Before when he did stuff like squish it and skew it and turn it all around it would be astute social commentary and explained, kind of like in japanese cartoon. And he's done the whole "goodness" thing before. The but I does reference also felt kind of overdone and I didn't really understand it. I don't know, I didn't think the email was put together very well, it makes more sense on paper but when I first saw it, I thought, oh crap, the brothers Chaps are going way down. It's kind of like the whole joke on tv and Martha Stewart type networks doesn't really come through so it's not that funny or put together. Part of the reason is that you know that they aren't going to design his computer room too much nor do you, or maybe just me/I, want them to. So its kind of like, a pointless email kind of without a real question answered just as pointlessly. Plus Weclome Back worried me for the same reason. I really don't want The Brothers Chaps to start losing steam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:15 pm 

Seeing how I'm an audiovisual student, I loved the green screen stuff... I had already figured SB's eyes would disappear, by the way they were shaded. And the way the green was still visible at the edges of the table and floor... And the fact that SB didn't have to repaint his room green in the first place, as he could've just used a blue screen...

EDIT: I had to change something in the wiki, as this is reported as a goof while it isn't:

Quote:
When something is displayed on the green screen, the carpet, computer desk, Lappy, and disk case all have a noticeable green barrier around them.

This actually happens with green screens in real life (especially older ones) and has to be corrected digitally, so it's probably an joke that they let it in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:52 pm 

Does anybody know what the echoes are about? I didn't quite understand...

I quite cracked up at the "but ah does!!" part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:13 pm 

Saturn wrote:
There was one of those in my highschool too. XD Except it wasn't in the cafeteria, it was in the front hall as soon as you entered the school, and had current school events/student's birthdays on it (of course, it took like 15 minutes for all that information to scroll by on that tiny screen!)

My elementary school had one of those for a while but they took it down.
My Middle School had one next to the cafeteria, though. No Birthdays, but there were current events.

I wonder how those things work anyway.
(?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:24 pm 

Man, this email might be one of my all-time favorites. The reference to how sports team logos are being altered was great, The Cheat's new computer was good, the LCD No Loafing sign was awesome, and Sundae Drivin' and battling Claymation were both super-great.

But without question, the best part was when Strong Bad referenced my favorite game show ever. "No Whammies, No Whammies!" Awesome.
I give this email a perfect 10/10.

Post subject: it was okay
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:36 pm 

I thought this email was going WAY too fast. I was hoping for something with a little bit more character interaction for the return of Strong Bad Emails (although I guess I got that in "Weclome Back"). It didn't make me laugh at all until it mentioned the "actually pretty hard to read message board signs." That was seriously funny.

All in all, if :coachz: hadn't appeared and scared Strong Bad and the monster, I would rate this a 6/10. But since Coach Z neva fails to be funny...i say this one's a 7.