Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:22 pm 
Oi, oi, oi! How could I have missed this?

kinda amusing, the green screen/Strong Bads eyes thing was funny.

Eh, 6/10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:22 am 

Yesterday, I started a thread saying that I was tired of SBEmails. While I'm not ready to abandon that position just yet, I have to admit that this SBEmail was more enjoyable the second time around. I smiled when Strong Bad referred to The Cheat's mouse as a "plastic bar of soap", and Strong Mad's grunting during the Cycloptic Monster battle scene was amusing.

More claymation, please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:14 am 

It was pretty good. I didn't laugh out loud or anything, but it gave me a lil chuckle inside. Some good quotes, at least. 7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:20 am 

After such a hiatus, any email at all is a welcome return, so I'm bound to like this one quite a bit.

I give it an 8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:34 pm 

I liked it. Have to echo everyone else with SB's eyes disappearing.

Did anyone else think the enhanced No Loafing sign looked like a sabre-toothed lime from Kingdom of Loathing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:03 pm 

Pardon me, but uh, I'm having a lot of trouble making a minor edit on the transcript. i.e. I'm trying to replace "going to" with "gonna," 'cause that's exactly what was typed on the screen. It said, "...if you're gonna repaint anything..." Not "...if you're going to repaint anything..." And for no reason this image code, which allows me to submit an edit, doesn't show up at all. Can somebody else please fix it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:09 pm 

My favorite parts were SB not understanding the Cheat's new Mac and at the end where he says, "all for under 50 bucks!" because I sometimes watch those shows so I appreciated the parody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:31 am 

Quote:
Some of you guys shouldn't be knocking people who didn't like it or blamed TBC for it because they did make it after all.

I think we SHOULD be knocking these people becuase they are selfish, whiny, and extremly ungrateful.

Thanks for pointing out that they did make it and then saying we should blame them for that. Let's blame them for everything they do and see how everyone likes it when they never update again becuase of how whiny and ungratful people are on a regular basis. Genius, man.

It's a webcartoon that they watch for free. So these people have no right whatsoever to blame TBC for whatever they happen to not like about a show that they watch for free which is the result of people that do this website as a SIDE hobby.

How would you like it if people started saying "I don't like what you made! Thanks for wasting my time on your terrible art/writing/project!" You'd think that was rude if someone said that to you, probably. But oh no... TBC aren't real people and they don't have real feelings, so let's just blame them all for things they can't control: Namely the opinions of other people.

How about.. oh i dunno.. You sit back and enjoy the website? Eh? And if something on it somewhat displeases you, then you keep it to yourself and not sound like a selfish, rude, whiner.

That would be grand.

I am very sick and tired of people that whine whine whine whine whine and start bashing The Bros Chaps everytime they produce something that one or two selfish people dosn't like and then have the nerve to be really rude about it and accuse them of goingdownhill just becuase they think their one particular opinion is all important and that everyone MUST feel the same way. It does not work that way.

Becuase if you take a look, you'll see that at least 50-75% of people posting in this topic DO like it.

So, what seems to strike me with this fact is that your opinion is not all important, and TBC should bear no blame at all for how selfish people like you and the poster you are referring to before can be.

Like this:

Quote:
I found this one of the weirdest and worst, that e-mail didn't make me laugh at all, they think going abnormal is going to make the people like it. Well not for me, man now i'm all cheesed off, THANKS ALOT TBC!

What the world is up with this? See? That is annoying. And this kind of annoying thing really deserves to be critisized becuase it pretty much takes all of the fun out of actually posting on a message board to talk about Homestarrunner.com when all some people can do is take everything out on the creators just becuase they happen to not like something that someone else might. It sometimes seems that's all that some people ever do. Just whine and be very negitive, topped off with a sprinkling of blame on TBC for what is just their OWN opinion.

In simplified terms, that post above pretty much says "I happened to not like this, so TBC made crap and now i'm angry about it". Uh... Yay for you?

It's not as if you are forced to spend 40 dollars a month for the pleasure of viewing the site, so if you think it's so terrible, perhaps the time it takes to start being whiny and ungrateful for them actually updating, could be better spent actually watching something else. Not lording your opinion over us and them as if your opinion is a bonified fact.

I don't really care how terrible you think it is. If that's what you think, fine. But when people start bashing TBC just for their own ultimatly irrelvant opinion (that isn't shared by 100% of the worlds population, either), that goes way too far int o the realm of being a whiny, negitive, bashing, elitist that just takes it out on TBC and not taking any responsibility themselves or realising "It's just my opinion, it's not a fact", and it is VERY annoying to see and constantly read.

And if you can honestly sit and defend people for pretty much going out of their way to annoy other and to be rude, I think you have one heck of an uphill battle in trying to convince me that annoying posters with elitist self-important selfish accusations behind their mere opinion are beyond being "knocked". I think they can be knocked and well deserve it.

Or... would you like to also dictate to me what annoying comments I can be annoyed at and which I can't?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:46 pm 

TheNewX wrote:
Quote:
Some of you guys shouldn't be knocking people who didn't like it or blamed TBC for it because they did make it after all.

I think we SHOULD be knocking these people becuase they are selfish, whiny, and extremly ungrateful.
How about this : No-one should say anything negative about any member on this forum. These people have the right to criticize, even if you don't like it. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion, as long as it's done in a respectiful manner. Once you start to insult people or become obscene, then you cross over the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:06 am 

Weird. I have a Mac, and my girlfriend mentioned the other day that the mouse looked like a bar of soap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:29 am 

Half agree on the argument above on both sides, but I will not comment.

It was a good one. Lots of refrences and little things, but not supra supra-eme.

8 of 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:50 am 

"the pixels are as big as hams!"
i just laughed for minutes after i heard that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:55 pm 

Can someone please replace "going to" with "gonna" in the transcript?!?!?!??!?! I can't stand seeing the broken image everytime I try to edit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:48 am 

Location: Where do you think? Right here sitting at my computer. DUH!
This is great. Except The Cheat stole my other computer! I give it a 4... out of 7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:33 pm 

My little brother and I have been saying "You squish it, and skew it, and turn it all around!" as much as possible in the past week. And we spazzed about the bread aisle. *Heart* We love the bread aisle. It smells good.

Yey for Coach Z. :mrgreen:

--

People are allowed to rant about this email if they want to. If they didn't like it, fine. Just leave them alone about it!

Personally, it was one of my favourite emails. P:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:14 pm 

TheNewX, you are expressing your opinion about what you thought of the email as well. That's what the forum is for. If someone didn't like it, they are making a comment on the Brothers Chaps' craft and are telling why. It doesn't mean that they are selfish or whiny. They have the right to make a negative opinion and aren't calling TBC stupid or whatever. I thought you were so flat out wrong I couldn't stay silent about it. Just because they are making this as a side hobby or whatever doesn't mean that nobody can criticize or discuss it and see if anyone agrees with them or what other people think. I know I was surprised at this email and wanted to see if anybody thought the same way. So this website is free. Although it is one of the very best in my opinion and awesome and whatnot, so are a ton of others that are not half as good. We aren't being ungrateful or knocking the Brothers Chaps personally if we criticize the content of an email. And I don't have to shut up just because I didn't like something and only say positive things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:27 pm 

Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster so I hope I'm posting correctly but I was wondering if this e-mail is based on the new redesign of the Sprite logo. Note the before-and-after designs. They match Strong Bad's description of redesigning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_%28soft_drink%29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:59 pm 

RipbergerRocks wrote:
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster so I hope I'm posting correctly but I was wondering if this e-mail is based on the new redesign of the Sprite logo. Note the before-and-after designs. They match Strong Bad's description of redesigning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_%28soft_drink%29

Except for the part about colors, but even they wouldn't change that.....

You know, you're right! It's probably based more on logo redesigns in general but this is an interesting coincidence. Yes, a coincidence. I seriously doubt that TBC had Sprite specifically in mind when they wrote it.

Post subject: Re: Strong Bad Email #153 - redesign
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:43 pm 

The easter egg from the email made laugh!

:coachz: Yorp, yorp, yorp, yorp, yorp!

:mrgreen: