Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: An updated take on Strong Bad's rock opera
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:56 am 

If you were able to update Strong Bad's SBEmail rock opera (by continuing with the one word from each email up now through 200), how would you do so?

Here's how I'd do it (without any intonation), picking up where the real opera leaves off:

...Famous ladies always like SBEMAIL!!!!!
Sometimes, gleaming lyrical trash hurt school!
Sultriness, hug me and cool against pretender kindergarten.
Pants feel not misspelled and British!
Magic fresh business cover brightly send rage!
Bring complete degrees on fun speed!
Winner crowns!
Well, start hearing!
Closely clean tampered popcorn!
Check work tearing giant lunch!
Breaking golf fashionably shabby.
Eat absurd pizza endlessly!
Cracked roasting mountains!
Historical dancing. Whoa!
Hot sandwich novelty!
Public ruins Norwegian breakfast!
Toyless linens. Ooh!
Pants hurt my SBEMAILS!!!!!!!!

I'll mention the contexts later. What do you think, and how would you do your own take on SB's rock opera?

Post subject: Re: An updated take on Strong Bad's rock opera
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:25 am 

Swedish deals captain!
You are now higher in my esteem.
Edit: visual!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:40 pm 

I know it's been a long time since it's been added, but I decided to go ahead and do some of the contexts for the additional words. The sentences (and thus the words in the song) are spoken by Strong Bad unless otherwise indicated. Here's the first few (the words in bold represent words in the song):

• 126. BEST THING: And sometimes the magical prankster Bozar appears and turns reality upside-down.
  • 127. LONG PANTS: (Homestar:) Long, my pants! Gleaming pants! Glorious pants!
  • 128. RAMPAGE: And don't forget the lyrical rampages me and Coach Z are always going on.
  • 129. GARAGE SALE: Obviously, wasting your Saturday morning just to sell $3.19 worth of trash isn't the real reason to have a garage sale.
  • 130. DO OVER: (Strong Mad:) DON'T HURT THE CHEAT!!
  • 131. BORING (REALLY): (Bubs:) Yep, I remember learning that in school.

What do you think so far?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:19 am 

Pop-Up: "Magic Eye? Don't forget the flab-tab!"

Lady Fan: "Fresh from the dryer!"

Disconnected: "Maybe this running business isn't for you." or "Ol' Strammy's gone and quit the running business!"

Candy Product: "...and cover it with rich, creamy pepperoni."

Alternate Universe: "You brightly-coloured baboon! You've ruined my vaudeville!"

Senior Prom: "I will pay my dues when you send me my tusks!"

ISP: "No, but you can have a heapin' helpin' of my unbridled rage!"

Redesign: "You clearly don't have what it takes to bring 'No Loafing' to the digital age."

Keep Cool: "But most importantly, after you eat, wait 3 full days, get a complete physical, and press Up, A, and Start before re-entering the pool."

Theme Song: "I got fourteen degrees while on my lunch take."

Road Trip: "Good morning, Mr E-mail, there's a call for you, on line two." or "Do you ever go on road trips with your gang?" or "And one thing I've found is that every good road trip needs a good inside joke that only the people that went on the road trip will get. And your friends that didn't go on the road trip will want to kill your legs every time you bring it up. These days, I make up the inside joke before I go on the road trip, just in case one doesn't happen." or "That was pretty poor planning on my part." or "Or, more accurately, our car trip, since we didn't go on any roads. Or, even more accurately, our car, since we didn't go on any trips either. So yeah, Pete from Pete's parents' basement, I go on car with my gang all the time."

Trading Cards: "Next up, we got the Cheat's trading card game, which is really more like a trading card activity or trading card goings-on, because the word 'game' implies fun and enjoyment."

Cliffhangers: "Strap in, Strap, and prepare for ramming speed!"

Retirement: "Zero capitalisation ... misspelling ... lack of punctuation ... looks like a winner to me!"

Colouring: "Teacherman, are we just going to talk about crowns all day?" or "Crowns! You know, for colouring! A box of crowns!"

4 Branches: "Well, my good Spank, that is way too broad a subject and would take several days just to scratch the surface of the tip of that iceberg." or "Well, I was in Barbados, hanging a picture on the wall." or "Oh well, just forget it. I'll stay in here for the rest of my life." or "Well, sometimes Homestar does something so stupid, he flips back to smart." or "Well, the force between any two charges is equal to the absolute value of the multiple of the charges divided by 4 pi times the vacuum permittivity times the distance squared between the two charges."

The Chair: "We'll start at the tip and work our way to the top!"

What I Want: "Who can really appreciate the song when all you're hearing is the plastic gears and motors clanking together in an effort to barely bust some sort of move?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:25 am 

Looking Old: "My age is a closely-guarded secret, protected by a sect of closely-guarded monks high atop the Coches Mountains."

Strong Badathlon: "Our coverage of the 2007 Strong Badathlon continues with the Clean and Jerk Strong Mad's Underwears Over His Head. Fortunately, you don't really have to clean them."

Unnatural: "And that's when I tampered with the DNA evidence!"

The Movies: "And if you think the guy sitting next to you munching popcorn is bad, try going to a theatre where people regularly sneak in their own all-you-can-eat fajitas!"

Your Funeral: "Strong Bad, how you gonna check that e-mail? With my boxing gloves, with my boxing gloves..."

From Work: "I'm checking e-mail from work today, and I can't let the Man know what I'm up to!" or "Oh, nice work, Pixel Granny!" or "I guess I could try and describe it using work-approved methods." or "My work-staysh is asking me whether I want to log off or out."

Rough Copy: "All this hot legal action is tearing our non-existent friendship apart!"

Underlings: "Furthermore, nothing says pact and professionalism like breaking tough news to someone with a reverse sunburn on your brother's giant, square, billboard-sized back!"

More Armies: "You look like the type of kid who gets his lunch handed to him daily. Well, if you'd like to be the lunch-handerer for a change, then boy, do the On Point Kings have a brochure for you!"

The Paper: "Why do all my 30-year-old electronics keep breaking on me!?"

Mini-Golf: "I was wondering if Strongbadia had a miniature golf course because I think it would be cool if Strongbadia had a miniature golf course. Hoping to play the Strongbadia miniature golf course soon..." or "What, are you getting paid everytime you say the words 'miniature golf course'? Because I'd, miniature golf course, like to get in on that ac-miniature-golf-course-tion." or "Of, miniature golf course, course, I don't sell out for cheap." or "Anyways, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, mini-golf. Strong Badia doesn't have a place of its own, so when we need to get our tiny golf on, we usually head over to Sweet Puttin' Cakes." or "It's just like, one minute, you're thinking about miniature golf..." or "The place isn't above some of the usual mini-golf transgressions though." or "The 18th hole puts a unique twist on the standard bottomless-hole-that-sucks-your-golf-ball-away-forever hole."

Concert: "I'm going to see Limozeen tonight. But I've never heard of the opening band, so I'm going to show up fashionably late. What are you all gussied down for?" or "I'm going to see a show tonight too. But I've never heard of the headliner, so I'm going to leave fashionably early."

Hygiene: "John wears shabby clothes that smell like chocolate milk with a stomach virus."

Original: "I should eat a pony." (Cardgage's or Stuntman's?)

Bike Thief: "Letters, and words. E-mails get absurd. I just gotta jump back?"

Pizza Joint: "As a typical college girl, I was wondering if there is a pizza joint somewhere in Strongbadia...you know, if me and my girls wanted to come hang out sometime." or "Yes, we have a pizza joint! I gots me a pizza joint! Always been at the pizza joint! Come to the pizza joint with me!" or "We're not a real pizza place! This is just a front to meet some girls!" or "The Cheat, in our effort to make a pretend pizza place in order to score some chicks, we somehow created a successful and well-reviewed actual pizza place!" or "Rustic and filled with old-world cardboard charm, the Pizz serves up Strong Badian-style pizza at a price that won't leave a dent in your wallet!" or "Welcome to virtualpizz.biz! Where typical college girls can customize their own slice of pizza for some serious social networking." or "You're not Daphne. You're... pizza trolls!" or "I dunno how to get Daphne and her girls to come to my pizza joint." or "What do you mean, they're at your pizza joint? What pizza joint? The Pizz has competition?" or "That's your pizza joint. Grill with some tape on it." or "Despite a strong showing from fan favourite Strong Sad, the email ultimately fizzles due to a heavy reliance on what can only be called 'internet pizza jokes'."

Slumber Party: "Uh, you might wanna put a cap on what you define as 'older kids'. Other than that, you can always look forward to endlessly ridiculing the kid that got picked up early 'cause he misses his mum."

Web Comics: "But if cartoony or Cheaty drawings aren't your thing, break out your cracked serial numbers for 'Burn and Dodge: The Fantasy Photoshop Gradient Comic'!"

Business Trip: "So, it's just going to be me and you, sleeping under the stars, roasting some marshmallows."

Wrestling: "I didn't climb the mountains and breathe the face-painted fumes just to let you two walk away with the title!"

Diorama: "If you need to make a historical diorama, there's only one way to go: presedential assassinations."

Nightlife: "Sometimes, I'll even think about dancing, and then not dance. And if I'm feeling really crazy, I'll actually get out on the dance floor, and bust some fresh not-dancing."

Last edited by RickTommy on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:57 am 

Environment: "Whoa! I knew the Lappy was awesome, but I had no idea about her destructive power!"

Winter Pool: "All I remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud, then it got real hot, then it got real slimy, then it got quiet, and then it got...unspeakable.

Fan Club: "Suddenly, an 8-foot sub sandwich constrictor engsmsploded out of nowhere!"

Pet Show: "It's going to be a piece of novelty dessert pizza!"

Licensed: "I'm a public flasher!"

Buried: "Do you know whether or not there any ancient ruins buried deep under Strong Badia?" or "I never really thought that there might be any ancient ruins down there, though." or "Where there's ruins, there's riches!" or "Quit ruining my ruins, Jurassic Dork!" or "Yeah, yeah, just bury it wherever. But if you uncover any ruins, or hot aliens, or riches, they're mine, OK?" or "So no, Pascual Perez, there are no ruins buried under Strong Badia."

Shapeshifter: "Norwegian deals! It worked! This should only take a few seconds!"

Rated: "Then in RRR-rated movies, you can show bullets go all the way through people! In the front, through their guts and organs and breakfast and right out the back!" or "They even banned those movies in Transylvania, where you're required by law to eat puppies for breakfast." or "Look at all that breakfast."

Specially-Marked: "That dotted line you expect me to cut along is like a toyless slap in my face!"

Love Poems: "Your hair flows like fresh cotton linens hung to dry on the deck."

Hiding: "Ooh, that's way better! I'll hide, and you'll seek!"

Your Edge: "I always keep a spare pack in my pants. Some would say 'pocket'; I say 'in my pants'."

Magic Trick: "This may hurt a lottle!"

Being Mean: "I know you think being mean is fun, but I'm trying to teachmy kids that it isn't right." or "I'm trying to teach my wounded, bleeding sea lions that tearing other creatures apart is not the answer, and I immediately thought of you!" or "Thanks, Strong Bad. Did you want some of my..." or "I wish my parents would stop fighting." or "IS THIS MY CUE?" or "My parents' room is out of town in my car." or "My name's Coach Z and I likes to get noice!"

E-mail Thunder: "200 Sbemails, exhausting just to think about / How can we face 200 Sbemails? / The thought of all those Sbemails makes me weak!" or "You've got sbemails, I've got hremails!"

And now that there are five more e-mails, maybe five more words could be added to the opera?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:00 pm 

RickTommy wrote:
Disconnected: "Maybe this running business isn't for you." or "Ol' Strammy's gone and quit the running business!"

Road Trip: "Good morning, Mr E-mail, there's a call for you, on line two." or "Do you ever go on road trips with your gang?" or "And one thing I've found is that every good road trip needs a good inside joke that only the people that went on the road trip will get. And your friends that didn't go on the road trip will want to kill your legs every time you bring it up. These days, I make up the inside joke before I go on the road trip, just in case one doesn't happen." or "That was pretty poor planning on my part." or "Or, more accurately, our car trip, since we didn't go on any roads. Or, even more accurately, our car, since we didn't go on any trips either. So yeah, Pete from Pete's parents' basement, I go on car with my gang all the time."

Colouring: "Teacherman, are we just going to talk about crowns all day?" or "Crowns! You know, for colouring! A box of crowns!"

4 Branches: "Well, my good Spank, that is way too broad a subject and would take several days just to scratch the surface of the tip of that iceberg." or "Well, I was in Barbados, hanging a picture on the wall." or "Oh well, just forget it. I'll stay in here for the rest of my life." or "Well, sometimes Homestar does something so stupid, he flips back to smart." or "Well, the force between any two charges is equal to the absolute value of the multiple of the charges divided by 4 pi times the vacuum permittivity times the distance squared between the two charges."

DISCONNECTED: First line

ROAD TRIP: First line

COLORING: Second line

4 BRANCHES: Fourth line

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:40 pm 

Mabe you could provide an audio recording of the updated rock opera?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:14 pm 

RickTommy wrote:
Mabe you could provide an audio recording of the updated rock opera?

I don't know how.