Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Storyteller, The Second Age: Sign Up NOW!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:34 am 

Orandius strode into the quiet town and quickly found a local inn called The Gold Lion.

His first order of business was to order an ale. Of course it was a human-made ale so not of the quality Orandius was familiar with, but he enjoyed it none the less. He then called the bartender over and asked whether he might find a master wizard in this town.
Being a small town he did not expect to find one, but it could never hurt to ask.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:59 am 

"Ah!" Said Glen the bartender. "A Wizard, you say! Well, there's Anton Plergart. He's usually in his Wizard's Tower, the big white one by the north wall. More ale for you, sir?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:13 am 

Orandius had not looked around the entire village, but was a little surprised that he hadn't noticed the wizard's tower from a distance. He decided he would visit immediately after he had eaten.

"Thank you," he replied to the bartender, "but no thank you. I would rather have a meal as I finish this glass. What food do you offer?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:56 am 

The bartender nodded and said: "Well, the catch of the day is Phisian Lake Trout, done any way you like it, at twenty-five pence per fillet. Comes with potatoes, green beans, a slice of bread, a green side salad, your choice of dressing, and a bowl of soup. Our soups today are Vegetable Barley, Clam Chowder, and Lemon Chicken Noodle. Or I can bring you a menu."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:21 am 

"Sounds like a fine meal," Orandius replied warmly. "Could you fry a piece of that trout for me, no dressing thank you and bring some Chicken Noodle soup. I'll be at that table by the window."
He then produced the 25 pence and made his way over to the table to wait for his meal.

A few of the locals had been looking at him, he suspected they had not seen many elves this far from Suldenessar. He simply smiled and nodded casually to a group of them as he walked toward the empty table.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:21 pm 

<OOC: I'm a bit rushed as I want to get into the story and hide somethings about my character>

James looked a bit wierd, he did have things that would be normal for an adventurer like leather armor and a spear, his green bandana and barefeet made him stand out a bit. How ever, he wasn't just different in appearance.

James was a werewolf who had recently left his pack. He had left for two reasons, he was interested in the outside world, possibly due to having a human mother who was also a bit of an adventurer (I'll divulge how she got accepted into the pack in one of James's stories) and his dislike for the pack's new leader Erjk, he doesn't like James for his human blood, fearing it could damage the pack's way of life. When James left, he assumed that Erjk thought that James finally learnt his ways and banished himself.

The size of Glenardor surprised him, along with the high amount of services, he decided to test it out. "Hello, do you know where a good place to eat is?" he said to a man James thought was friendly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:46 pm 

"Gold Lion, eh? Sounds good. Thank yeh, squire." Duncan waved goodbye and headed for the Gold Lion Inn. [OOC: No relation to the Red Lion, I presume. Perhaps they rebuilt and renamed it that Gold Lion. ^^;]

He entered through the front door of the dining room and looked around for a bartender or hostess.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:47 pm 

just a username wrote:
<OOC: I'm a bit rushed as I want to get into the story and hide somethings about my character>

James looked a bit wierd, he did have things that would be normal for an adventurer like leather armor and a spear, his green bandana and barefeet made him stand out a bit. How ever, he wasn't just different in appearance.

James was a werewolf who had recently left his pack. He had left for two reasons, he was interested in the outside world, possibly due to having a human mother who was also a bit of an adventurer (I'll divulge how she got accepted into the pack in one of James's stories) and his dislike for the pack's new leader Erjk, he doesn't like James for his human blood, fearing it could damage the pack's way of life. When James left, he assumed that Erjk thought that James finally learnt his ways and banished himself.

The size of Glenardor surprised him, along with the high amount of services, he decided to test it out. "Hello, do you know where a good place to eat is?" he said to a man James thought was friendly.

The man said: "Aye. That there Gold Lion Inn be the best place these landlubbers 'ave. I be on me way past there to hold wake with me shipmates. Arrr... Just got back from another skirmish with the Pirate, Jasper the Red, and we be holding a wake for what crew we lost. We be holding wake in a private house, but the Gold Lion is as fine a place as any to eat in this town.... if ye has the coin. Come, then. Arrr.. show ye the way, I will." Now that James could get a better look at the man, James could see that he wore the garb of merchant seaman, with a wide leather belt with a scimitar buckled to his left side and a dagger to his right. His clothes were ripped in places, and there were blood-stained bandages tied around his right thigh. Arrantly, he'd been in a fight relatively recently... perhaps a week or so ago, judging by the condition of the bandages.

<OOC: It's Glenarbor, not Glenardor. The name means "Green Harbour">

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:42 pm 

As Orandius sat and waited for his meal, he caught a glimpse of a lizardman walking past the window. He found this rather strange, not knowing much of lizard society, Orandius considered them a primitive species.
He reasoned that lizards and humans could not live together as they lived so differently, so as the lizardman entered the room he decided to talk to it, and learn a little more about it.

"I say there, fellow adventurer, what brings you to this town?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:33 am 

The people in the tavern didn't seem to take much notice of either the Lizzardman or the Elf.

<GM's note: Actually, Lizzardmen and Elves had been coming to this part of the world for more than 100 years, more or less. What with this being a port town and all, it is a common enough sight for the townsfolk to see travellers and adventurers of all sorts (and all races) passing through. Since the Lizzardfolk were allied with both the Humans and the Elves in the Great War against the Drow, relations between the three species have become rather stable and generally good, although pockets of racism and intolerance still exist.>

As Duncan entered the Gold Lion Inn, he saw a long bar with a bartender standing behind it, polishing the bar. A barmaid was serving a customers in a room full of round wood-topped cast iron tables with large wooden chairs set next to them. Behind the bar was a massive steel-caged glass mirror with bottles of liquor and spirits of all sorts stacked neatly on racks in front of the mirror. The bar itself was made of one solid slab of marble set off with brass rails and equipped with varnished oaken stools. Off to the right side of the room was a wooden double door with a sign over it that read: "To Main Desk & Front Lobby." To the right side was an iron door with a sign over it that read: "Private, No Entry". There was a barrel-chested male Human dressed in full suit of steel laminar-chain armor and holding a light crossbow standing in front of the door, apparently guarding it.

Then he saw a rather well-dressed Elven man who was talking to him.

<GM's Note: That would be Orandius Thiaun, Biscuthead's character. See his post above.>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:20 am 

When looking at the man, James thought "He's saying a few exotic words...and he looks like a warrior, who's gotten into a fight recently, I think I can trust him, he doesn't look suspicious."

"Thank you, er...what was your name?" said James, caught in the middle of his confusion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:58 am 

The man said: "I be Samuel Grey, Second Bossin's Mate of the merchant ship Ryan's Holk. Who be ye?"

James thought he recognized the accent... the man was probably a rural Highlander by birth. That would explain his odd manner of speech.

<GM's note: A Bossin (or Boatswain) is a nautical term denoting a ship-board profession. Usually, a Bossin outranks both the Ship's Carpenter and the Master-At-Arms and is typically outranked by either the Coxswain, the Quartermaster, the Purser, or possibly the Chief Steward. However, a Bossin is a job title and not a rank, and a merchant ship's Master is free to arrange rank aboard his ship however he pleases. The job of the Bossin is to supervise the crew members of the ship's deck department and is typically not a watchstander, except on vessels with small crews. Other duties vary depending on the type of ship, its crewing, and other factors. On Navy vessels, the Bossin is typically a Warrant Officer or a Chief Petty Officer.
A Bossin's Mate is a crewman in the Deck Department that the Bossin regularly delegates the authority of the Bossin to while the actual Bossin is off-duty or otherwise occupied. They act as the Bossin's deputies and right-hand men, often serving as the head of a particular work shift or sub-department on the ship's deck. For instance, one Bossin's Mate may lead the crew assigned to the rigging in the foremast while another Bossin's Mate is in charge of hauling in the ship's anchor.
A "Holk" (not to be confused with a "Hulk", a kind of barge) is a development of the "Cog" style of shipbuilding. Unlike the single-masted Cogs, Holks have large square Forecastles which have a second mast (the Foremast) attached to them. Also, in addition to the Cog's stern-mounted central rudder, Holks have two smaller auxiliary rudders that flank the main rudder. These are used when manoeuvring in tight spaces or when speed is not important. These extra rudders can be raised out of the water when not needed, to reduce drag. While the typical crew compliment of a Cog is around twenty men, Holks typically need thirty or forty men to operate smoothly because of the second mast and the larger cargo hold. While a typical Cog is about 60 ft in length, a typical Holk is nearer to 80 ft long.>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:59 am 

<OOC: James is not that familar with humanity, until he went to Glenarbor, the only human he has met would be Maria, so I'm doubtful he'd recognize Samuel rural Highlander by his accent.>

"I'm James...Tsif" said the werewolf, "I'm from a...village called...Ironfan, Nice meeting you Samuel." Those words were lies with a bit of truth in them, his Mother's surname was Tsif (his pack didn't use for surnames) and his pack's name was the Iron Fangs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:08 pm 

[OOC: My brother's an Avation Botswain's Mate in the Navy. w00t.]

Biscuithead wrote:
As Orandius sat and waited for his meal, he caught a glimpse of a lizardman walking past the window. He found this rather strange, not knowing much of lizard society, Orandius considered them a primitive species.
He reasoned that lizards and humans could not live together as they lived so differently, so as the lizardman entered the room he decided to talk to it, and learn a little more about it.

"I say there, fellow adventurer, what brings you to this town?"

"Hello there, Sir Elf. I am Duncan, Prince of the Lizzardmen. My father is Crown Prince Morris, and his father is our glorious King Marcus the First." Duncan extended his left claw. "I'm stopping here for the night on my way home. Y'see, my shipmates and I were on a surveying expedition up north when we all got into a bloody battle. Those of us who remained, as such few in number, are on our way home and stopping in this little town for the night."

"Now who would you be?"

Last edited by IantheGecko on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:30 pm 

just a username wrote:
<OOC: James is not that familar with humanity, until he went to Glenarbor, the only human he has met would be Maria, so I'm doubtful he'd recognize Samuel rural Highlander by his accent.>

"I'm James...Tsif" said the werewolf, "I'm from a...village called...Ironfan, Nice meeting you Samuel." Those words were lies with a bit of truth in them, his Mother's surname was Tsif (his pack didn't use for surnames) and his pack's name was the Iron Fangs.

James and Samuel walked a few blocks and then Samuel said: "Aye, there she be. The Gold Lion Inn, finest eating establishment in town. Well, I have a wake to attend, so I shall take leave of ye then. Fair winds to ye."

The sign of the Gold Lion Inn pictured a gold-painted lioness, roaring and upright, holding a deception the flag of Skara Brae with one arm and a overflowing tankard with the other on a square field of blue set inside a red-and-white striped shield. Quite distinctive. The building itself was a two-story affair, and it seemed to take up the whole block. He could see two entrances. One was labelled: "Tavern" and had the symbol of a fork & knife, crossed, against a mug of ale. The other was labelled "Inn" and had the symbol of a mattress with a pillow on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:50 pm 

The lizzardman introduced himself as a prince, Orandius was a little surprised, perhaps he had misjudged him on first appearance. The lizzard offered his left hand to shake, and Orandius took it.

"I am Orandius Thiaun, apprentice wizard of Antagar. A pleasure to meet you your highness. Tell me, is it customary for your people to shake with your left hand?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:56 pm 

"I'm left-clawed, Orandius." Duncan had a much better command of Elvish names than Marcus ever could. "Do you have a preference for shaking?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:04 pm 

"That is reasonable then, sir," Orandius decided. "I simply model myself on the Antagaran royalty, who always shake with their right hands, though as far as I know, none of the royal family are left-handed."

Orandius then decided he should like to eat with prince Duncan, offering him a seat at his table.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:41 pm 

"Thank you, good sir." Duncan sat down with the Elf and called for the waitress. "I would like something with plenty of veggietables. I need to, eh..." He patted his belly, "lose some weight. I ate quite a bit on my sea voyage, and we Lizzards don't like to be soft in the middle. So, the biggest salad you've got, I s'pose."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:56 am 

The waitress winked and nodded jovialy. "One Rabbit-Food Special coming right up, m'lord. Anything to drink?" She was obviously in a good mood.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:06 am 

James entered the Tavern, had a look around and was suprised with the place, it was quite neat and organized for James. Soon Duncan and Orandius caught the eyes of James, he immediantly thought "What is he, is he some sort of werelizard? I've never seen anything like him before and that man, has unique ears...that waitress near them is also cute."

All the other tables were taken, James went up to Orandius's table and asked "Excuse me but can I take a seat here?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:38 pm 

Sarge wrote:
The waitress winked and nodded jovialy. "One Rabbit-Food Special coming right up, m'lord. Anything to drink?" She was obviously in a good mood.
"Big glass of cider. Good, strong cider!" Duncan wagged his slightly plump tail, then turned to James.

"Hello there! You can sit here; I don't bite....hard."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:10 am 

A second traveller approached Orandius at his table, asking for a seat.
Orandius was hesitant to allow him as this man was poorly dressed and reminded him a little of the human bandits he had encountered on his way to Glenarbor.

Though as he was considering, Duncan offered the man a seat. Not wanting to be rude after an offer was already made, Orandius gestured toward an empty seat. "Of course you may sit with us."

"Waitress, you may bring three ciders if it pleases you," he then turned to the man, "unless you wish for something else."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:39 am 

"You're not the only one who bites" James thought, being his quirky self.

"Sure, it nice to drink something other than water" James answered, he than sat down and said "By the way my name's James Tsif, nice to meet you guys."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:36 am 

just a username wrote:
"You're not the only one who bites" James thought, being his quirky self.

"Sure, it nice to drink something other than water" James answered, he than sat down and said "By the way my name's James Tsif, nice to meet you guys."

<OOC: I'm assuming the "T" is silent in "Tsif", right? Otherwise it should probably be spelled "T'sif", but it's hard to know with names.>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:07 am 

Sarge wrote:
<OOC: I'm assuming the "T" is silent in "Tsif", right? Otherwise it should probably be spelled "T'sif", but it's hard to know with names.>
<OOC: I haven't really thought about that, so I'm going for that pronouncation, all I did was reverse the word Fist and showed that James is descended from Andrew from his mother's side>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:01 am 

just a username wrote:
Sarge wrote:
<OOC: I haven't really thought about that, so I'm going for that pronouncation, all I did was reverse the word Fist and showed that James is descended from Andrew from his mother's side>

<OOC: Which pronunciation, the first or the second?>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:30 am 

Sarge wrote:
<OOC: Which pronunciation, the first or the second?>
<OOC: The first>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:45 pm 

After a while the waitress returned with everyone's cider and Duncan's salad. The Lizzard stood up and proposed a toast. "To new friends and a safe journey home!"

The guys at the table clinked their glasses together, and Duncan started nomming away his rabbit food with his bare claws. His kind weren't used to eating veggies much, nor did they often use tableware; the trick to eating lettuce is to move the food between different areas of teeth in one's maw. This was a difficult for teeth so used to meat, but Duncan managed to work out a system. He needed something big and filling for his appetite, and he got that with the salad.

"So, Mister Tsif." Duncan said between clawfuls. "Tell me about yourself."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:25 pm 

"Hear, hear" shouted Orandius, replying to Duncan's toast.

And with that he hungrily picked away at his meal, though he did so carefully, maintaining his dignity as he ate. Duncan then asked the man, who had identified himself as James Tsif, about himself.

"Yes, tell us good sir. Are you a traveller like my Lizzard friend and myself?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next