Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A salute to Videlectrix
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:19 am 

Many people on this site complain that their games are boreing and stupid but tose pople just dont understand, and i feel sorry for them. The Brother Chaps (whith fake mustaches) and Jonathan Howe (the programer) started a fake game compony, debuteing in Duck pond, that made fun of not the finer and funner games for the atari 2600 but of the crrapy and stupid games produced by a third compony (like Froggo). And thats what makes the games o funny. they arent supposto be good, they gotta suck. It seems like an easy thing to do but why dont you try it? You gotta edmit, it is clever stupidity. So my advice to you would be to buy an old atari 2600 (you wont regret it) and play some of the games. then play some videletrix games and you will find that they are classic spoffs. And remember: They use computers...to make video games!

-gin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:20 am 

Well, Duck Guardian 1 is pretty good. I like most of the games.

Post subject: Re: A salute to Videlectrix
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:47 am 

Neverhooligin wrote:
Many people on this site complain that their games are boreing and stupid but tose pople just dont understand, and i feel sorry for them. The Brother Chaps (whith fake mustaches) and Jonathan Howe (the programer) started a fake game compony, debuteing in Duck pond, that made fun of not the finer and funner games for the atari 2600 but of the crrapy and stupid games produced by a third compony (like Froggo). And thats what makes the games o funny. they arent supposto be good, they gotta suck. It seems like an easy thing to do but why dont you try it? You gotta edmit, it is clever stupidity. So my advice to you would be to buy an old atari 2600 (you wont regret it) and play some of the games. then play some videletrix games and you will find that they are classic spoffs. And remember: They use computers...to make video games!

-gin

So what are you trying to say here? I got lost in all the wrongly spelled words. :mrgreen:

Are you saying that Atari 2600 games suck? Are you saying that Homestar Runner games suck? If so, you're oh so very wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:56 am 

Videlectrix games are jokes, and those people who say they are
crap just dont get the joke.

Post subject: Re: A salute to Videlectrix
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:45 pm 

Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
'FireBird' wrote:
Neverhooligin wrote:

-gin

So what are you trying to say here? I got lost in all the wrongly spelled words. :mrgreen:

Are you saying that Atari 2600 games suck? Are you saying that Homestar Runner games suck? If so, you're oh so very wrong.

No, Neverhooligin is talking about the stupid games, like Hallrunner and 50K Racewalker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:04 am 

It should be obvious that they're supposed to be stupid. Hallrunner you can't determine the outcome until after (from what I know at least). And 50k walk is supposed to be ridiculously long, the funny part is just how sadistically boring it's meant to be. What, taking 40 steps to walk 0.01k (33 feet)??? And you have to go all the way to 50? And how you can have like thousands of configurations for the walker's looks? A twisted duck guardian could emphasize this too. So the ducks would be walking wayyyyy slower, and the falling robot heads would be super fast, and the goal would be to get 10,000 ducks into the spaceship which stays open 10% of the time. That's the joke.

Nonetheless some of the games ARE good.