Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 30  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:09 am 

Well, I fainlly managed to beat level 7.2. As for the boss, it was pretty easy, but I died once because I started with three energy things and I guess I got a little careless, but the Ice Machine (nice creative name) was pretty easy. And I have another suggestion for dodging the icicles: Stay on the ladder or below the ladder or on the platform above the ladder, for the icicles won't hit you, I guess.

But who here misses the Engrish (like "Oh boy! Chicken soup with an dumpling!") that was present in levels 1, 2, and 3. Also, who miss the Stinkoman laughing sequence that takes when you defeat a boss (particularly, Tampo and Brody)? I know that there are the cutscenes, but who thinks that the laughing sequence should be put in there before the cutscene after you defeat a boss?

Well, I'll wait for level 8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:26 pm 

All you have to do to avoid the icicles is stay on the platform, slightly to the left of the ladder. >_>
<_<

Post subject: Reply to shim-sham-sam
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:53 pm 

i do miss the engrish it was funny till they took it out

What idiot thought the idea of putting the hole on the BUTT of them?Take a look one day!Notice those holes on top?Well thats where the Salt come out right?Well if you put the opening on butt guess what!When you go to fill them it is is going to spill and make a freaking mess all over myfloor!-Didy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:56 pm 

I believe I found a glitch in the game, when I killed one of those yellow tank things. It seemed to leave a yellow arc behind after it exploded.
I was going to put this in the wiki, but I'm in too much of a rush to learn how to properly phrase everything so it doesn't get rejected immediately. Maybe someone else can do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:21 pm 

Well I beat level 7.2, I thought the boss was about as hard/easy as most of the others. They're all really easy once you figure out their patterns. I still think Nebulon was one of the hardest though.

I wonder where Stinkoman will wind up next? Last level? Maybe. Sounded like it might be. How many levels did Mega Man games ususally have?

I imagine that they will incorporate at least the following levels before it's over.

1.) Water level of some kind
2.) Forest/Jungle Level
3.) Ancient Ruins
4.) Fortress/Ruined City

and they may put a sub-boss and then master boss for the last level. Like, not only do you have to beat what you thought was the final boss... but then another boss... without refreshing your life meter. Ala, Mecha Sonic/Big Robot Robotnik in Sonic 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:22 pm 

If you cannot detail steps to reproduce the effect, it's hardly worth it.

Power Crunch wrote:
they may put a sub-boss and then master boss for the last level

That is a pro idea, however much plagiarised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:57 am 

Power Crunch wrote:
I wonder where Stinkoman will wind up next? Last level? Maybe. Sounded like it might be. How many levels did Mega Man games ususally have?

The original Megaman had six regular levels and a multifloored Dr. Wiley's Tower. Megaman 2-6 had eight regular levels as well as the multileve Dr. Wiley's Tower. 7 & 8 had a mini level after the first four levels.

Power Crunch wrote:
and they may put a sub-boss and then master boss for the last level. Like, not only do you have to beat what you thought was the final boss... but then another boss... without refreshing your life meter. Ala, Mecha Sonic/Big Robot Robotnik in Sonic 2.

Also used in the Mega Man series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:00 am 

DJ Soul Camel wrote:
Right now it's pretty much impossible to lose level 7.2 because of the extra life right near the beginning that you can just pick up every time. Sort of defeats the challenge aspect

Lives are meaningless, as stated... but the purpose of that is... you can either take path 1 and use the ice cube to get to it, which is an easier path... or take path 2 with the extra life. The point being, I think, getting to the boss witht he 4 lives so you can have 4 chances at defeating him. Afterall, if you take the lower and IMO, harder paths... you can get the extra life... kill the enemies... and turn around and get the power pill thing at the begining in the ice cube to refill your health with 4 lives to spare. That way you have 4 chances at the boss in a row.

Oh, and I forgot to mention a desert level. They really gotta do one of thems too. I hope.

I'd also think it would be cool if we got to use the double deuce at some point in the game. Stinkoman's... Signature move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:20 pm 

Super Orange! wrote:
All you have to do to avoid the icicles is stay on the platform, slightly to the left of the ladder. >_>
<_<
That worked. I finnaly beat the weather machine. I hope the new level comes soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:09 am 

You know, more that what kind of THEME for the next level, what kind of crazy new things should it have?
IDEAS:
Bouncy walls/floors: Man, these would be fun. Bounce up towers, dodge things in odd new ways
Sticky walls/floors: Who needs a ladder?
Keys and Doors: This would make the levels less linear and slightly more mazelike
Switches and Panels: These were in level 4, but you can't use them anywhere else, and in level 4 you are mostly focusing on :hr:.
A second guy: Another guy you can switch to or something. Unlikely, but an idea, many platformers have multiple chars to control.
Ride Armor: VERY unlikely. But whatever.

Any other ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:54 am 

killyoukillyou wrote:
You know, more that what kind of THEME for the next level, what kind of crazy new things should it have?
IDEAS:
Bouncy walls/floors: Man, these would be fun. Bounce up towers, dodge things in odd new ways
Sticky walls/floors: Who needs a ladder?
Keys and Doors: This would make the levels less linear and slightly more mazelike
Switches and Panels: These were in level 4, but you can't use them anywhere else, and in level 4 you are mostly focusing on :hr:.
A second guy: Another guy you can switch to or something. Unlikely, but an idea, many platformers have multiple chars to control.
Ride Armor: VERY unlikely. But whatever.

Any other ideas?

Some more varied power-ups or a "collect 100 items" challenge. Stinkoman 20X6 is all about the old school cliches, and nothing is more cliche than powerups and collecting 100 items. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:51 pm 

The new level is cool. I like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:32 pm 

sgtsloth wrote:
Some more varied power-ups or a "collect 100 items" challenge. Stinkoman 20X6 is all about the old school cliches, and nothing is more cliche than powerups and collecting 100 items. :)

Maybe in a level there could be a hard to reach platform that would take you to some kinda bonus stage, that's a cliche.

500 POSTS!!!!!! :eekdance: :eekdance: ImageImage:eekdance: :eekdance:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:48 am 

The ice physics weren't put into the platforms. They just created a new version of Stinkoman to put in this level.
- If you stay still too long, you freeze to "square". Because you're in 2D. This is the ultimate no pausing game. Good luck trying to do anything else while playing.
- Since the sliding is coded to this model of Stinkoman, everything is slippery. Saves loading time.
- However, the usual salvation that small platforms offer in other ice level type situations is now gone. Have fun skating for your life. Hey, it adds some realism to something that is begging for it.
- In small gaps, it might be hard to get to full running speed. Just jump in a direction (usually right) and hold that direction down to get at full speed when you land.

Did that end cutscene explosion remind you of any game? The boss was supposed to be lame because it says so in the manual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:02 am 

It is actually possible to get the life, and go the upper rout.

I done it, Just jump from the raised platform to the right and grab the bottom part of the ladder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:12 pm 

I think that Sitnk should get megamans down+jump dash soon. HE's too limited as it is. Who's with me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:22 pm 

Jman4ever wrote:
I just beat it, but is it just me, or does the boss look like a robotic 20X6 version of a Cheat Commando. Another thing thaat confuses me is why every enemy was yellow.
what about level 4? Everything there was red and green

What idiot thought the idea of putting the hole on the BUTT of them?Take a look one day!Notice those holes on top?Well thats where the Salt come out right?Well if you put the opening on butt guess what!When you go to fill them it is is going to spill and make a freaking mess all over myfloor!-Didy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:01 pm 

Frotzer wrote:
Jman4ever wrote:
I just beat it, but is it just me, or does the boss look like a robotic 20X6 version of a Cheat Commando. Another thing thaat confuses me is why every enemy was yellow.
what about level 4? Everything there was red and green

Umm, the Gaspeu (or Frotzer, GAH) was blue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:22 pm 

I'm too lazy to check the whole enormous thread, but does anyone else think Trogador deserves to be a boss, if not the final boss? I guess that's probably reserved for 'Coach Zed', but I think a Trogador second-to-last-boss would be totally rad and appropriate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:49 pm 

Thunderbird L18 wrote:
I'm too lazy to check the whole enormous thread, but does anyone else think Trogador deserves to be a boss, if not the final boss? I guess that's probably reserved for 'Coach Zed', but I think a Trogador second-to-last-boss would be totally rad and appropriate.

Agreed. Although it probably won't happen, since TBC said they wouldn't use Trogador.

Perhaps Coach Zed will be defeated, then unleash Trogador (or turn into him), since all final bosses have at least two stages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:03 pm 

They did have that japanese, flying dragon-like design of him for the 20x6 world. Perhaps they'll put him as a sub-boss like you guys mentioned. That would indeed be cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:12 am 

Yea, that's Trogador. Note the 'A'. And I know they said they wouldn't use him, but I don't see why not. It would fit perfectly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:24 am 

So do think the last level will just have two bosses, or have three levels instead of two like some of the Sonic games.

EDIT: Ooh, I have another idea. It can be like Ocarina of Time, where you defeat the sub-boss then run out of the base before it's destroyed and fight the final boss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:51 am 

Negative Zone!!

The best level ever.

THEY HAVE THE CABBAGE ENEMY!!!

I love the boss, havn't beaten it yet. only managed to do 3 damage before i died

The dieing message is cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:33 am 

Confirmed in the end cutscene: there will be 10 levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:07 pm 

This was the ultimate level. They used so many old objects. This is going to be fun to edit. There were many nice touches to the glitch feeling of this level. Several glitches you can get by playing around with xml, but some glitches they created such as rotating platforms, and invisible platforms.
Parts of this were like a level I make before I revise it. I wonder what levels 9 and 10 will be like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:12 pm 

THE funnest level yet. It's so unpredictable. I mean, am I the only one who found himself gettting the green power crunch and dieing? Reminds me of pokemon red/blue if you catch a misingno. Your game gets all gliched up. Your inventory says yu have [] of an item, where [] is a random sprite used in the game.

I bet level 10 will be a castle. the lastt level is always a castle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:28 pm 

That was cool. Very creative and fun! The boss was hard though, I still gotta go beat him.

Engrish is back! When Stinkoman first reaches the level -0 boss, he uses "other" incorrectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:03 pm 

The new level is sweet. It reminds me of some highly glitched-up games I once had... The boss is pretty cool also, it's the first boss that I've actually had big trouble with. I hate the forks on his head... X-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:06 pm 

I saw the green powercrunch and thought "I bet that hurts if you try to collect it. ... Yep, it did."

I love the holes in the background with the leveldata XML showing through...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 30  Next