Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stinkoman 20X6 video walkthroughs.
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:51 pm 

I have created video walktroughs for each Stinkoman level. All second level battles per world include the boss fight. There is a video for each level which shows the level being played through from start to finish without any editing and includes any relevant cutscene portions as well.

Although I have created a video for each level, I have only secured enough HTTP space and bandwidth to upload level 1-1 at this time. For more information please see this thread. However I figured that nobody is going to volunteer any such resources without knowing what is on offer so by all means please watch this sample.

Requirements
The video is in XviD format. You will require the XviD codec in order to watch the video. You can download XviD here. The audio is VBR MP3 mono and you should already have the relevant codecs on your system. If you do not then I cannot advise you on how to resolve that issue.

The video is also compressed using RAR compression. You will need to extract the video from within the RAR file which you can do using WinRAR. When the video is extracted, you can delete the RAR archive and play the video as normal. RAR compression reduces the video size by the percentage displayed next to the video links.

You can play the video using any video player for Windows with the right codecs installed however I would recommend using ZoomPlayer. This is probably the most customizable player in existence. You should configure some options for the best playback if you want to use a fresh installation of ZoomPlayer effectively. From the options dialog and on the settings page of options in the interface tab, tick:
  • Auto-Size User Interface to fit Source Video Size (on Load)
  • Centre User Interface when loading new Media
  • Centre User Interface on Initial Load

Download
Now that you are well set up for playing back XviD video, you can now download my Stinkoman walkthroughs using the links provided in the following post.

Final note
The aim initially was just to create general walkthrough videos but in order to keep the videos interesting I have tried to complete the levels in a timely manner and in some cases I have gone back and tried to refine the demo by also never getting hit. In the 1-1 demo I have attempted to both complete it fast and without getting hit with a great deal of success.

Thanks and enjoy!

Last edited by Bilge on Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:59 pm 

I found a free hosting provider. No idea what the download speeds are like. Some of them arn't uploaded yet. When I find a good HTTP webspace and bandwidth provider then I will upload the rest of them, in the mean time, I'll just stick to the highlights.

Updates
World 1
1-1 [2:34 16.0MB 7%]
1-2

World 2
2-1
2-2

World 4
4-1
4-2

World 5
5-1
5-2 [4:24 22.9MB 14%]

World 6
6-1 [2:45 14.3MB 10%]
6-2 [3:22 18.9MB 9%]

World 7
7-1 [2:11 10.8MB 9%]
7-2 [3:44 17.5MB 15%]

Last edited by Bilge on Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:05 am 

That's a good idea but I have no way of decompressing rar files...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:36 am 

Yeah, u should make them into SWFs. Or, some kinda thing that I can view. RaR is definetely not a good format for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:07 pm 

I really don't know if it can be worth my time saying this, but all the instructions that you need for extracting the contents of a packed RAR file have been provided in the first post under the requirements heading, along with how to set up your system in other regards pertaining to CODECs and so on.

Therefore even the laziest, non-self-helping individual, with basic English reading comprehension and trace amounts of computer literacy can view the demos. I can only assume that since you have failed to locate this information the first time around, this post can hardly help you which brings me back to the point that I made at the beginning, that I really don't know if this can be worth my time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:08 pm 
Lechable Robot Mod

Condescension will earn you no friends, Bilge. We don't appreciate that kind of attitude around here. Please don't insult the intelligence of our users - and please keep in mind that while you surpass many of them in age, this does not necessarily make you superior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:37 pm 

I didn't insult anyone's intelligence; they insulted themselves. I recall we've been over the topic of condescension before so I won't bring that one up again, but I will say that whilst you may believe that I am inferior to Puphles and Dark_Link_Skywalker, I still wouldn't want either of them as friends, so I do not consider repenting to be neccessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:20 pm 

Bilge wrote:
whilst you may believe that I am inferior to Puphles and Dark_Link_Skywalker

That's not what MHG said. As far as I can tell, everyone's always been treated equally here.

On toastpaint, it's a prooty good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:21 pm 

Bilge wrote:
I didn't insult anyone's intelligence; they insulted themselves. I recall we've been over the topic of condescension before so I won't bring that one up again, but I will say that whilst you may believe that I am inferior to Puphles and Dark_Link_Skywalker, I still wouldn't want either of them as friends, so I do not consider repenting to be neccessary.

I don't think she means to say you're inferior, Bilge. Ever heard of "equal treatment"? Now cut it out before this becomes a flame war.

[EDIT:] GAH!!!! CURSE YOU, ACEKIRBY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:57 am 

now come the time attacks...who can beat level 1.1 under 2 minutes? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:08 am 

I had thought about a similar thing myself, but nobody can prove how fast they have done it. Might be nice if TBC add an upload your time feature within the flash file, but then there's always a way to exploit that as well and upload fake times, as seen on all other sites that implement this feature, so ultimately I don't think it is an option unfortunately.

Although I do those demos seen above fairly quickly, I am still stopping to make sure I don't take damage where neccessary or to show off things that you might not have seen before, such as in the 6-2 demo which demonstrates how to pass a Protek without killing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:13 pm 

CAN YOU PLEASE make them into something I can view? I am using Mac OSX and I even already downloaded XViD but I still can't get it to run. THey just apear as garbled characters in internet explorer. ( Like ƒ´†?˜?§†ƒ¶ß¢ß??©?¥?¬§ª¶´ß¢?å?¨?¨?¨ß®†??f ) Something like that. Why is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:26 am 

Ok.......so ummmmmmm WHAT!? I dont get it. How do you view it? I Want to see how HILAREOUS it will be to see you tryin- er ummmmmm....hehehehehe....let my dark side take over me. CURSE YOU EVEL TWIN!!!!!

Toastpaint ( all for me ), I dont get how to extract and view it. I did everything you said and i think you should put it on swf or rar ( whoops, nevermind.....rawr....hah) so everyone can view it, not just you. If you think im being a little mean here, sorry, but this is all im trying to say,

Not EVERYONE knows how to operate rar, so try it n swf and rar. So the people who use rar, can view it on rar, people who have swf can view it on swf.

I really bet you are great at the game, but heres an idea, use philips cheats and go through the LEVEL ( not end boss ) that you need help on and take a walkthrough, see what comes up, what you need help on, and then try it without cheats. Just my idea. :eek: im a nerd arent i? I notice LOTS of game stuff, like that hidden capsule in level 1.1!

^
I
I
that up there earns a big toastpaint

Quote:
Toastpaint means back on topic.......words......more words.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:53 pm 

I have the level 1.1 walkthrough, but I opened it and UnRaRX said theere were no files to extract.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:38 pm 

In response to the above two posts: please quit this nonsense and simply READ the first post in this thread. If you cannot find the first post in this thread, here is a link to this thread to help you.

If you happen to have a specific question then feel free to ask it but stop asking me to make an "SWF version" as that will never happen. I'm not going to explain why that will never happen because you will either not bother reading it or merely not understand it. Both possibilities are highly likely.

Dark_Link_Skywalker actually privately messaged my account on these forums just to ask what they have asked twice already; how to view the files. All the instructions have been provided and are written clearly and concisely. If you cannot or will not read simple instructions then may I suggest that you just give up, because I have almost all but done the same myself thanks to all this stupidity.

Oh and by the way, RAR is not a video format, as you seem to be constantly implying. RAR is a generic compression format. Maybe that tip will help you out. Maybe not.

If you insist on using a Macintosh then I would conjecture that it will be impossible for you to view XviD video. I could be wrong about that but if so then you will have to figure things out for yourself since I ensure at least a 3 mile radius around me to be clear of any Macintoshes thanks to the latest wearable Mac-away technology which ensures that any Mac entering the field is launched away with almighty force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:08 am 

I said there were no video files to extract from the level 1.1 RAR file. I have XViD, but I need get the files first, which for some reason my computer can't extract from the RaR files, I never said anything about RAR being a video format. I'm sorry I'm annoying you, but There's no way for me to get the files out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:52 pm 

OK, are you using a Windows operating system and WinRAR to open the RAR file? If no, forget it. If yes, download the file again and ensure that it completes. The rough file size is displayed next to each link so make sure that yours roughly matches it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:11 pm 

I downloaded the codec and played the video in Winamp, and it worked great, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:36 pm 

Well Winamp is probably the last player on Earth that I would recommend for video (even though it would be the first for audio), but in any case you're welcome. If you have any constructive comments to add then feel free to include those since that is actually what the remainder of this thread was supposed to be for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:37 am 

well, I HAD a windows machine, but it was Windows 95, worked like crap, and had no Internet access, so I got rid of it. I tried using my Mac application to Decompress the file and got it out, but then I realized that I need something to play it in. And so my quest for mac edition of some sort of windows media player type thing began....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:30 pm 

Dark_Link_Skywalker, you can get XviD at http://www.insaneness.com/xvid.html, and use QuickTime to view the files.

Post subject: You made video levels?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:34 am 

Meh.

I just want to be able to create levels but I can't. Come to my topic PLEASE!!!

I need some help. It's one of the newest topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:43 am 
Pizza Pizza

Dude... Calm down.. The people who can help you will, when they can. That is unless you keep pestering them like this...
I just realized, that sounds a lot more harsh than I mean it, but, seriously, calm down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:53 am 

Do you blame me? I can't do'em for some reason and everyone else can. It's gotta be the funnest thing ever. I did it at school but only for a short period of time and now I miss it already.