Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:43 pm 

Throw it facing the fisherman.

With the new sbemail out showing Strong Bad typing: "Make friends with Kerrek", I tried it too. Funny.

And have you typed "try" after typing "cut off arms and legs" and receiving a negative statement about the 'Penny-Pincher' when in front of the hole?

If I'm recycling old commands stated, I don't care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:15 pm 

They have got to make a sequel! mabye Rather Dashing could come back as a ghost and haunt people that would be cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:07 pm 

Gavin wrote:
They have got to make a sequel! mabye Rather Dashing could come back as a ghost and haunt people that would be cool.

Or a different character swears revenge on Trogdor and Rather Dashing's ghost helps him.

-Teh Coach

Ghost Coach Z avatar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:49 pm 

"No outside linking of images." I sure don't remember that one from Space Quest.

If you want to see the picture, folks, copy this URL (don't click on it!) and paste it into your Address bar:

http://zanyvgquotes.com/spacequest3/Spa ... enStop.png

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:56 pm 

hmm, i tried to make friends with the kerrek, once i died i could load to trogdor's lair, i ended up beating the game in 2 minutes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:28 pm 
Quote:
We HAVE to find that last item!

Hey, genius, There is no last item. I've beaten the game several times already, looked in every nook and cranny, and I can garuntee you there is no last item. Serisously.

I liked The Jhonka. He always remined me of an oni (For those of you who don't know what an Oni is, they're blue Japanese ogres.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:39 pm 

That last item in apparently the map. It just doesn't show up in your inventory as such. But if you pick up the map and look at that last item slot, there does seem to be something there.

Oni is the Japanese word for monster/demon/goblin. The most popular legend of the Oni is The Demon of the Rashomon Gate. An Oni assumes the form of a woman to try to kill samurai near one of the gates of Kyoto. One samurai recognises the demon and chops its hand off. He keeps the hand, hoping to lure the monster back so he can finish it off, but the monster assumes the form of a grandma and tricks him again, gets its hand back, then flees Kyoto never to return. The first episode of Tenchi Muyo is based loosely on that legend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:46 pm 
Oh. Okay.

Anyway, I liked this game. I've got a great Idea for a sequel, which I'll post in "Post great game Ideas"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:42 pm 
Resident Deity

Ingiald The Ill wrote:
Hey, genius, There is no last item. I've beaten the game several times already, looked in every nook and cranny, and I can garuntee you there is no last item. Serisously.

That's not very nice Ingiald. Please remember that everyone might not be as good at the game as you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:52 pm 

Didymus wrote:
That last item in apparently the map.

I can confirm this. I used SOL Editor to tweak the save file (I can't remember exactly which option it was, though), and miraculously "map" appeared in my inventory, picture and all. IIRC, the description was "What's brown and brown and read all over?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:38 pm 
Okay. It's the map. Now all of you weirdos can get a life. Now, for the sake of being off-topic, here's a list of how to die in the game:

*type "die" at any time
*Stand around too long near the Kerrek("What did your mom tell you about getting your head pounded in by strange Kerreks?")
*Offer Kerrek a cold one("The Kerrek is cheesed off by your offer"
*Try to kill, punch, or kick Poor Gary ("Wow! For a decrepid old horse, Poor Gary packs a wallop!")
*Get between archer when he's shooting ("I hope this guy has some sense and doesn't shoot you"..."Wow! That guy has no sense!")
*Saying "yes" to Jhonka when he asks about his riches("Turkey leg or club, the Jhonka beat you sensless with whatever he was holding")
*Saying "try" when the game tells you you'd have to cut off both arms and legs
*Answering a Trog-Trivia question wrong
*Staying in Trogdor's lair without waking him
*waiting to long to talk to Trogdor/talking to him.

Post subject: Ahoo! (no, not a sneeze.)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:47 pm 

I finished with 149. Yay! I can imagine any points I don't get, so I'm quite content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:01 pm 
149's as high as I can get. After getting every item, that's it. I think that might be the limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:35 am 

The walkthrough really helps. I used it when I got stuck, which was after getting chicken feed.

-Teh Coach

Ghost Coach Z avatar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:32 am 

Location: In my house with my two kids, Bulldozer and topofsm.
I beat the game! Well, I cheated a lot by using the walkthrough, but I didn't look at the answers! I did "take the quiz" every time, and got it right every time! (Except for the first time, where I was turned into Ron Cumberdale and had to restart at that place. It was still funny, though!) I liked when it said "Night falls like a bad powerpoint presentation." I could go on and on about this game! I loved this game, including the Kerrek and Jhonka references! I give this game a 10/10.

Meh, I'll talk about this game a bit more:

It's funny when you throw the baby in the well and it says, "Nice job, father of the year!" And, when you make him crawl through the hole and runs(figuratively) away from you, then it says his future, "He starts writing fewer and fewer letters to you. He complains that you were never there for him."

I didn't really think Trogdor would be that big! He was like, almost as big as that mountain! Back then, he was as big as the knights and peasants! I also would have never guessed that Trogdor talks by booming. OK, I'll shut up now! Someone break my frikin' computer!

Last edited by Shopiom on Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:17 am 

Ingiald The Ill wrote:
Okay. It's the map. Now all of you weirdos can get a life. Now, for the sake of being off-topic, here's a list of how to die in the game:

*type "die" at any time
*Stand around too long near the Kerrek("What did your mom tell you about getting your head pounded in by strange Kerreks?")
*Offer Kerrek a cold one("The Kerrek is cheesed off by your offer"
*Try to kill, punch, or kick Poor Gary ("Wow! For a decrepid old horse, Poor Gary packs a wallop!")
*Get between archer when he's shooting ("I hope this guy has some sense and doesn't shoot you"..."Wow! That guy has no sense!")
*Saying "yes" to Jhonka when he asks about his riches("Turkey leg or club, the Jhonka beat you sensless with whatever he was holding")
*Saying "try" when the game tells you you'd have to cut off both arms and legs
*Answering a Trog-Trivia question wrong
*Staying in Trogdor's lair without waking him
*waiting to long to talk to Trogdor/talking to him.

You forgot three:

*Walk off screen while baby is at the bottom of the well ("Nice try, ditch the baby at the bottom of the well, eh? Thought you'd just walk away and it's nothing but mead and wenches, eh? Well guess what? You dead. Thanks for playing.")

*Say get arrow when archer is shooting (Something tells you this is not a good time. It's not a good time. Hey, my moms making peasent kabobs for dinner tonight! Thanks for playing)

*Hit rocks or bird on cliff. (You climbed real bad. You know you were AVOIDING rocks, not collecting them. anyways, nice try. You dead, thanks for playing

ARE YOU ASKING FOR A CHALLANGE!!!

Post subject: yey!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:35 am 

I finished with 149. Where is this walkthrough you all speak of? :trogdor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:46 am 

It's on the wiki, but it's down at the moment because it's being transfered to a different server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:41 am 

talkz2much wrote:
It's on the wiki, but it's down at the moment because it's being transfered to a different server.

Or.. something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:39 pm 

Ingiald The Ill wrote:
*waiting to long to talk to Trogdor

Oh my god, this one scared the living crap out of me! I just stood there for a long time and Trogdor suddenly burninated me! I always get scared, but then I always laugh like heck! Another good thing is that it doesn't cause any urinary excretion in the trousers, despite how scary it is! :mrgreen:

Stinkoman Luva wrote:
*Walk off screen while baby is at the bottom of the well.

This one was funny, though! I don't know how you die from that. Maybe you die of guilt. Oh well, it's just a game!

Last edited by Shopiom on Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:56 am 

I dont want to know what you just said. I beat it long ago. 139 I say. Pretty good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:32 pm 

I wouldn't wanna know what I said, either. But, sadly, I do know. :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:12 pm 

Where do I get the chicken feed?[/quote][/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:26 pm 

Mastermine wrote:
Where do I get the chicken feed?

WALKTHROUGH!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:37 am 

Guys, guys, guys. If you have ever played any simple RPG-style games you should not need a walkthough. Especially if you have the map. It took me a while and I missed a few things the first time through, but eventually I got it. It's far more satisfying that way. Where's the fun in following somesone else's cookie-cutter procedure?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:09 am 

Bucky--I'm offering the walkthrough because these people are asking for answers, and getting an answer from one of us and looking at the walkthrough are no different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:50 pm 

Tom wrote:
Please post comments about this game here.

That just take us to the main page. fix that.

Anyways, who else has beaten Peasants quest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:56 pm 
I have. A buncha times with perfecto score!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:34 pm 
I couldn't get through this game, so I quit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next