Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Dante's Inferno Test - What level are you? (scary!)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:09 pm 

Dante's Inferno Test - Impurity, Sin... and Damnation (Maybe rule 6? Disturbing words 'n stuff. Not for the faint of heart!)

Take the test! What level are you at? Here's mine:

Seventh Level of Hell

Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.

:'( I'm not a violent person, but I have had suicidal thoughts in the past. Then again, I think what really won it for me was being a 'blasphemer' and a 'sodomite'. My tongues more loosed to lamentation! Oh woe... woe is me...

Last edited by TheFacelessEvil on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dante's Inferno Test - What level are you? (scary!)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:30 pm 

I must point out that this is not all Biblical stuff. No specifics are given in the Bible about hell or heaven, and purgatory is never mentioned.

And I got purgatory.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:32 pm 

STupendous7 wrote:
I must point out that this is not all Biblical stuff. No specifics are given in the Bible about hell or heaven, and purgatory is never mentioned.

And I got purgatory.

I think I used the wrong wording there. 8o *deletes it*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:05 pm 

I'd just like to say that The Divine Comedy is as political as it is spiritual, if not more so. A lot of it was literally Dante saying "people who are in the opposing political party suck and can go to Hell", and that most of it is not to be taken as what Dante literally thought the afterlife was like. Anyhoo...

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to Purgatory!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
Level | Score
Purgatory | Very High
Level 1 - Limbo | Moderate
Level 2 | Low
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Moderate
Level 5 | Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very Low
Level 7 | Low
Level 8- the Malebolge | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Very Low

Level descriptions: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-infe ... ation.html
Take the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:10 pm 

I'm 1st level (limbo).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:10 pm 

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Yay!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:21 pm 

I was taking this, then I thought "I don't give a crap."
First of all, I don't/can't do anything on this list.
Second, I don't believe that God cares about this stuff that much. I think good is not wrathful, and will not send you to hell for every little thing. If He would do that, why would he bother to create us?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:37 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
Purgatory

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

I win?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:40 pm 

I'm on the River Styx, and look what I found?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:43 pm 

I got Purgatory too, but I don't believe in that. Something about Jesus's blood saving me from sin and whatnot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:48 pm 

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Moderate
Level 2 Lustful High
Level 3 Gluttonous Low
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High
Level 7 Violent High
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:48 pm 

Quote:
Fifth Level of Hell

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Not what I was expecting. Cruel? Vindictive? Hateful? How am I vindictive at the age of 12?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:04 pm 

Location: oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Quote:

Lovely.

Oh also yeah I don't believe in hell or God or anything.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:06 pm 

Same here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:11 pm 

I took it a year or two ago and ended up in the sixth circle (heresy). No surprises there.

EDIT: Took it again. Same circle, but probably different scores for each circle.

Code:
Purgatory  Repenting Believers                Very Low
Level 1    Virtuous Non-Believers             High
Level 2    Lustful                            Moderate
Level 3    Gluttonous                         High
Level 4    Prodigal and Avaricio              Low
Level 5    Wrathful and Gloomy                Low
Level 6    Heretics                           Very High
Level 7    Violent                            Low
Level 8    Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers   Moderate
Level 9    Treacherous                        Low

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:19 pm 

The Noid wrote:
Quote:
Fifth Level of Hell

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Not what I was expecting. Cruel? Vindictive? Hateful? How am I vindictive at the age of 12?

What? You're only twelve??!?!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:38 pm 

Eigth Level of Hell - the Malebolge

Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled Malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

Sounds disgusting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:41 pm 

Choc-o-Lardiac Arrest wrote:
The Noid wrote:
Quote:
Fifth Level of Hell

What? You're only twelve??!?!

well my birthday is like two months away so that puts me at the same age of hhfov and ninti but yeah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:43 pm 

I think I am the most evil person here by far. I got "Extreme" on three levels and the 8th Level of Hell.

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Eighth Level of Hell!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Very Low
Level 2 | High
Level 3 | High
Level 4 | Very High
Level 5 | Extreme
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Extreme
Level 7 | Very High
Level 8- the Malebolge | Extreme
Level 9 - Cocytus | Moderate

Quote:
Level 8- the Malebolge

Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled Malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:50 pm 

I think this is random if you're anything below Purgatory, guys. I took it again to get my chances thing and got the 8th level.

Quote:
Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers High
Level 2 Lustful Very Low
Level 3 Gluttonous Moderate
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy High
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Low
Level 7 Violent Low
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:54 pm 

Quote:
Level 8- the Malebolge

Woah... sounds like a holiday with my extended family.

I got the City of Dis as mine. The two highest were Limbo and City.
I don't believe in this, but hey, it passes time, and it's quite interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:03 pm 

HHFOV wrote:
Quote:

Lovely.

Oh also yeah I don't believe in hell or God or anything.

I thought you were a Christian?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:04 pm 

Nope, he's a bisexual atheist now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:05 pm 

Limbo.
Sad, but peaceful.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:47 pm 

I GOT DISSED

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:47 pm 

Einoo T. Spork wrote:

I GOT DISSED

pffffft

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:52 pm 

Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
The best part is that none of this is actually true.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:54 pm 

Capt. Ido Nos wrote:

Well, yeah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:55 pm 

Rusty wrote:
Capt. Ido Nos wrote:

Well, yeah

Shut up, I like to be obvious!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:02 pm 

Location: On your couch chillin' with your girlfriend, watching Bottle Rocket and laughing 'till the very end.
Guess I'm going to the...

Second Level of Hell

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

Apparently I'm quite lustful... But hey, at least I get to spend all eternity with Cleopatra and Helen of Troy. Shwing!

Oh, and:

Purgatory - Very Low
Level 1 - High
Level 2 - High
Level 3 - Low
Level 4 - Low
Level 5 - Moderate
Level 6 - Low
Level 7 - Low
Level 8 - Moderate
Level 9 - Very Low

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next