Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:28 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 am
Posts: 2044
Location: yep
It's been a while since we've had one of these so Disk, Noid and myself are starting up a new one.

You know the drill: You post commands telling the hero what to do, and we respond to them. Obviously, stupid stuff like "kill urself lawl" will just be ignored. In the case of having more then one to choose from, we'll choose whichever one seems to be the most popular and/or whichever seems coolest.

Alright, here we go:

-------------------------------

Ah, the Interworld Space Station. A place where hundreds of sentient species, regardless of language, shape, or culture, gather together for the noble and time-honored purpose of selling each other crap. It's been nicknamed "The Big Oyster" because of its distinctive two-disk-shaped design, but those who live there often have more colorful names for it; names that can't be repeated here.

It was founded in 220X by the combined efforts of the Human Coalition, and services at least a million sentients (the Coalition's politically correct term for the extremely diverse assortment of alien riff-raff that frequents the place) a day. Most of them are just guests, passing through on one of the shuttles that go there daily, because very few people would want to live in the Interworld...

It's a place where you can find just about any vice imaginable, and it attracts the kind of people who go by just one name, like "Razor" or "Muscles"; the kind of people who to crack their knuckles ominously and glare at you in a meaningful way.

Nowhere is this more obvious then Endeavor City, a place which the Coalition's Offical Guide to Travel oh-so-wittily describes as "the pearl of the Big Oyster". Technically, this is true: like a pearl, it's expensive, irritating, and is formed out of excess waste. Still, it attracts its fair share of thrill-seekers, fortune hunters, and just plain insane people.


----------------------------------

You are one of those people, a youthful dipwad fresh off the shuttle from Altair. You're waiting for the security guard, who looks like a giant jellyfish (the Coalition is an equal-opportunity employer), to check your passport, when you hear a scream from the next terminal over...

>what do you do?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:32 pm
Posts: 189
Location: The Suga' Shack
kill urself lawl :p

check inventory.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 am
Posts: 2044
Location: yep
You have:

An official Coalition Passport

50 Intercreds (the offical currency around here)

A splitting headache

>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 4127
Location: Tangled up on a Twister mat
> Move to Arts and Crafts.

Wait...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:32 pm
Posts: 189
Location: The Suga' Shack
> Run to the next terminal

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 4127
Location: Tangled up on a Twister mat
You attempt to run, but are stopped by several tentacles. "Sir," says the security guard in a foreign dialect, "don't go running off without your passport." He hands your passport back to you.

You cannot hear anymore screams.

>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 4:30 pm
Posts: 286
Location: sbe-mail 22 is currently in read-only mode.
>go there anyway

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
>check your passport

oh wait

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 4127
Location: Tangled up on a Twister mat
Quote:
>go there anyway
You shove through the hundreds of creatures walking every-which way. Most of them are taller than you, and most of them appear to be a lot stronger than you. None of them seem to care about the scream.

You arrive at the next terminal over, where a scrawny female with antennae appears to have fainted.

>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:22 pm
Posts: 29
Location: Long gone...
shake the woman awake

_________________
I don't think this is TacoLand....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 4127
Location: Tangled up on a Twister mat
You shake her. She is still unconscious, and most people don't appear to care that you're shaking her. One crocodile security guard thing is giving you the eye, though.

>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 am
Posts: 2044
Location: yep
>Ask security guard what the problem is

(lol, i just thought of something: am I allowed to post commands too? if not, disregard this)

DS_Kid wrote:
> Move to Arts and Crafts.

Wait...

Yeah, I probably should've done that. I'll PM a mod.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
Quote:
(lol, i just thought of something: am I allowed to post commands too? if not, disregard this)

Of course!

Quote:
>Ask security guard what the problem is


You run up to the crocodile security guard.

"Hey bub, what's the deal with the unconcious lady?"

He just continues to eye you and mutters something under his breath.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:51 am
Posts: 1213
Location: Attemping to look cool. Am I cool yet?
>Ask him again.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
Quote:
>Ask him again.


"Hey bub, what's the deal with the unconcious lady?"

He just continues to eye you and mutters something under his breath.

This ain't gonnna work, Dave.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 am
Posts: 2044
Location: yep
>Inspect the alien lady

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
Quote:
>Inspect the alien lady


You go back to the fainted girl. She's wearing a blue blouse and blue pants. Her passport is gone.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:32 pm
Posts: 189
Location: The Suga' Shack
Homerun Starrer wrote:
You have:

A splitting headache


> take analgesic

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
Pop_tire1 wrote:

> take analgesic


You don't have any analgesic.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 802
>Get water.
>Splash it on fainted lady.

>Check her pulse.

_________________
Image
NEW FEATURE!! Click my signature to go to my wiki page! All my wii codes are there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 4127
Location: Tangled up on a Twister mat
You check her pulse.

. . .

. . . She's alive!

>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
>Mouth to mouth resuscitation/quasi rape-grope

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 am
Posts: 2044
Location: yep
"Stand back!" you shout. "I know CPR!" You bend down towards the alien lady and attempt to do serious mouth-to-mouth when suddenly...

"Hey, I'm alive, you know." she says testily. You jump back with a start.

"I-I-I'm sorry miss, I had no idea," you stammer.

"It's okay," she replies. You notice she has a slight Venusian accent. "It wouldn't have worked anyway. My species has six windpipes."

"Er, well, good," you say, starting towards the exit of the terminal. "If you're okay, then I'll just be on my w-"

"Wait!" she cuts you off. "Before you go, take this." She slips a strange card into you coat pocket. It looks quite expensive and is marked with a seal you don't recognize. Interesting...you turn to ask her what it is, but she's already gone.

"'Ey, Casanova, you gon' stand there all day or what?" barks the security guard.

>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
>answer with a mother joke

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:59 pm
Posts: 1977
Location: In your pantry. Good cookies by the way.
>Go back and get your passport checked.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 5441
Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
>Whistle Dixie while doing previous command

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 am
Posts: 2044
Location: yep
STupendous7 wrote:
>Go back and get your passport checked.

Already did that.

The Noid wrote:
>answer with a mother joke


You call upon your limited knowledge of Crocodilian (the security guard's race) culture to make an insult.

"Yo' momma so fat, when she sits around the brood nest, she sits AROUND the brood nest!"

Uh-oh. Bad move. He's looking even angrier then usual....

The only obvious exit is the other end of the terminal, which is being guarded by a couple more security grunts. They seem to be engaged in a Glaring Sternly At People contest and don't seem to have noticed you.
>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 5441
Location: living in the sunling, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.
>check card that girl gave you

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:59 pm
Posts: 1977
Location: In your pantry. Good cookies by the way.
>Punch the security guard in the face then run screaming through the exit.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Choose Your Own Adventure IN SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: looking at my post and/or profile
Quote:
>check card that girl gave you


The card looks like it's made of paper made out of gold (it's the future/space, they have that) and has a seal that you still don't recognize.

>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group