Homestar Runner Wiki Forum

A companion to the Homestar Runner Wiki
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Midnight Hunters - Talk about it here.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:20 pm 

As many of you probably know from my ramblings, I'm working on a novel. I'm also sure that many of you know that I made "draft" versions of it here as Forumfics years ago. I'm happy to report that just about nothing from those attempts will be included in the Midnight Hunters story. This thread will basically serve as a place where I will post information about the novel itself and my progress in writing it.

Below you will find Questions and Answers about the novel. I have made up many of the more obvious questions myself. If you ask a question, I will attempt to answer it in a timely manner and post it below.

Q: What is Midnight Hunters?
A: Midnight Hunters is a novel written by Chris Ricci.

Q: What is the plot for Midnight Hunters?
A: Midnight Hunters, in a nutshell, revolves around a teenager who is forced to move to a new city by his parents. While this city may appear functional during the daytime, it is pure hell by nighttime. Thousands of people, collectively known as Midnight Hunters, lurk throughout every bit of the city, attempting to kill others before they are killed themselves. The main character will eventually become a Midnight Hunter, and will have to deal with all of the conflicts that they deal with on a daily basis.

Q: Why is that plot so vague?
A: I will slowly edit my answers to include more details throughout the development process.

Q: Is Midnight Hunters in any way related to the Forumfics you used to write here by the same name?
A: The overall plot is the same, but 99% of the novel is different.

Q: How long has Midnight Hunters been in development for?
A: Midnight Hunters has been in development since early October of 2005. I wrote my original version of the Forumfic shortly afterward, which I consider to be a total failure, even if most of you did like it at the time. I wrote a second version of Midnight Hunters the following year, but I did not finish that version.

I started solidifying the plot in 2007. I got rid of many of my other novel ideas, and combined them all together to form the "alpha" version of Midnight Hunters. Throughout the remainder of that year and for most of 2008, I brainstormed the plot for Midnight Hunters by walking around my neighborhood, playing lacrosse, dreaming, getting carbon monoxide poisoning, etc.

My true version of the outline was started on July 3, 2008. Before then, I had two other attempts at the Midnight Hunters outline, but I hated both of them and scrapped them near-instantly.

Q: Wait...you just started the outline for this thing [the day you made this thread]!?
A: I have no intention to finish the outline for Midnight Hunters. I feel that I have thought about Midnight Hunters enough to be able to type most of it out straight from my mind. The outline will merely serve as a reminder.

Q: So when do you plan on finishing this?
A: My current plans are to have most of it done before the end of 2008. I'm not sure how well this plan will work out, but I'm going to dedicate as much time to it as possible.

Q: Do you really have a publisher for this book?
A: No. I will be self-publishing the book through LuLu.com, since they will let me make the book how I would want to make it.

Q: What do you plan on pricing the book at?
A: I do not have a solid price at this time, but if people are willing to pay for it, then I will try to make the price so that I make at least a few dollars of profit on each book.

Feel free to discuss anything you would like to discuss about this book. You may ask any question you want, but I may not answer them the way you want me to. I will also allow speculation in this thread. As time goes on, I will clean up this post and edit in any questions that you may ask me.

Post subject: Re: Midnight Hunters - Talk about it here.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:56 pm 

Are you gonna get it published or self-release it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:28 pm 

I'll be self-publishing the book through LuLu.com. Once released, you will be able to buy the book from LuLu's online store.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:31 am 

I'm interested in designing a cover, if you're interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:46 am 

Thank you, but I still have to think about it. I know of several other people that are potentially willing to do the cover, myself included. I will get back to you at a later date concerning the artwork.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:17 am 

AM I IN IT OR WHAT

;) ;) ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:22 am 

(oh crap...I forgot)

Midnight Hunters has been canceled indefinitely. Bye. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:36 am 

angryturbanindian.jpg

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]